PDA

View Full Version : How's this for another possible leadoff hitter?

guillen4life13
11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Hanley Ramirez, SS for the Marlins. He's 23 years old for next season (his second), stole 51 (15 CS) bases last year, and here's more info:

BA/OBP:
.292/.353

HR

RBI

BB

K

2006 salary: $327,000

My thoughts:

Package Uribe, Vazquez/Garcia, and money to get this guy straight up. He could lead off and do a really good job.

Is this feasible at all?

He seems like a good, young talent that the Sox could think about locking up long term, with as much possible upside as Carl Crawford.

veeter
11-10-2006, 02:17 PM
No way. He is pure Marlin, for now. He's good, getting better, and is dirt cheap. They'll move him in three years or so.

Ol' No. 2
11-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Hanley Ramirez, SS for the Marlins. He's 23 years old for next season (his second), stole 51 bases last year, and here's more info:

BA:

HR

RBI

2006 salary: $327K

My thoughts:

Package Uribe, Vazquez/Garcia, and money to get this guy straight up. He could lead off.

Is this feasible at all?The Marlins couldn't accomodate Garcia's salary in their already bloated payroll.

guillen4life13
11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
The Marlins couldn't accomodate Garcia's salary in their already bloated payroll.

So what happens if the Sox eat a bunch of salary? Look at it as though they're paying Ramirez that much.

veeter
11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
You've got to understand how the Marlins work. They develop their own guys. They bring them up and watch them get very good. Then they make a run at the title, of which they've already won two. They then dump players that get too expensive. For the most part, they don't take on big salaries. And they FOR SURE don't move guys that can play, and are cheap. I think they're the best organization in baseball, from the scouting, talent evaluating and developing stand point. They just don't have much money to keep guys around.

SABRSox
11-10-2006, 03:05 PM
The Marlins would never repeat the mistake the Red Sox made.

chaerulez
11-10-2006, 03:20 PM
The Marlins aren't trading him. They aren't going to downgrade their SS position to get starting pitchers they don't need. They might trade Willis to dump salary. And they still have Sanchez, Olsen, Noloasco to name a few. I'm sure they still have a few good prospects they would rather take a shot at than Vazquez or Garcia. I would say there is as much of a chance of Hanley Ramirez coming to the Sox as Barry Bonds.

soxinem1
11-10-2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/fantasyisland.bmp

You might want to go here to see if this trade is acceptable by the Marlins.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-11-2006, 09:57 AM
The Marlins aren't trading him. They aren't going to downgrade their SS position to get starting pitchers they don't need. They might trade Willis to dump salary. And they still have Sanchez, Olsen, Noloasco to name a few. I'm sure they still have a few good prospects they would rather take a shot at than Vazquez or Garcia. I would say there is as much of a chance of Hanley Ramirez coming to the Sox as Barry Bonds.

That's a bit extreme dude....

siugrad25
11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Stories from the Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post both confirm that the Marlins are NOT increasing payroll from last season (19.1 million). You can forget about getting any of the young Marlin players unless you want to trade away more prospects.