PDA

View Full Version : Rowand Man Love and Speculation Thread #3563

cheezheadsoxfan
11-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Co-worker just walked in and said he heard on the radio something about getting Rowand back. Anybody else heard anything or is he just yanking my chain? (He's a Flub Fan).

zmz723
11-10-2006, 01:48 PM
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's Not Coming Back!!!!

Rocky Soprano
11-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Co-worker just walked in and said he heard on the radio something about getting Rowand back. Anybody else heard anything or is he just yanking my chain? (He's a Flub Fan).

Its true. Someone overheard Kenny on his cellphone at the airport...

jenn2080
11-10-2006, 01:49 PM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

itsnotrequired
11-10-2006, 01:49 PM

I heard Rowand was going to steal a boat and try to jump it over a flaming car. This was on another messageboard so odds are, it is legit. It will happen here in Chicago by the Beef & Brandy on Wacker next Tuesday. I'm getting down there around noon. Worth a try, I think...

MrRoboto83
11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
This is awesome! Maybe Kenny can trade Rowand and get Ryan Howard.:D:

oeo
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
His wife told me that he will not be coming back, so get over it.

whitesoxwilkes
11-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Time to move this steaming pile of **** where it belongs.

veeter
The brilliant George Offman said this in his report, "Can you imagine Aaron Rowand parolling center for the south siders next season...word is that there's a trade in the works with the Giants for Omar Vizquel, whom the Sox tried to aquire two years ago." That was all he said. It makes absolutely no sense, but that's what he said. He actually gets paid to say this stuff.

jenn2080

I heart Rowand threads.

cheezheadsoxfan
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM
The brilliant George Offman said this in his report, "Can you imagine Aaron Rowand parolling center for the south siders next season...word is that there's a trade in the works with the Giants for Omar Vizquel, whom the Sox tried to aquire two years ago." That was all he said. It makes absolutely no sense, but that's what he said. He actually gets paid to say this stuff.

Thanks. By the way I am not in the "Bring Aaron Back" Club. Just wondered what the source was.

jenn2080
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks. By the way I am not in the "Bring Aaron Back" Club. Just wondered what the source was.

If it is not on here it with some sort of article linked a quote from the radio at the precise time then it is not true and you friend is feeding you a line of bull ****. You had to know that this thread was going to open yet another can of worms of the Rowand love/hate fest.

CLR01
11-10-2006, 02:10 PM
"Can you imagine Aaron Rowand parolling center for the south siders next season..."

***?????? No George I can't imagine Rowand patroling CF on the South Side. That is definitly a sight I hope I get to see one day. :dunno:

Watching Rowand patrol centerfield for the Sox everyday nearly made me puke and imagining it isn't any better.

If Rowand is the Sox choice for CF then it's time to trade Konerko, Dye, Thome, Crede, Buerhle, Garcia, AJ, Garland and Iguchi and rebuild the team.

cheezheadsoxfan
11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
If it is not on here it with some sort of article linked a quote from the radio at the precise time then it is not true and you friend is feeding you a line of bull ****. You had to know that this thread was going to open yet another can of worms of the Rowand love/hate fest.

I plead ignorance. It won't happen again.:redface:

samram
11-10-2006, 02:12 PM

How desperate are the Phillies to get rid of Aaron that they'll use him as a throw in on a trade that does not involve them in any way?

areilly
11-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I say this every year, but...

...this just might be the longest offseason ever.

Here is my opening day lineup aka the All-Nostalgia team aka 2007 World Series winners:
C "Paradise by the 'C'" Sandy Alomar, Jr.
1B Wasn't the 2005 World Series Awesome, Geoff Blum?
2B Favorite of Anyone Who Played 2B in Illinois Little League Ray Durham
3B Also Geoff Blum, because, you know, he's utility and was totally clutch in that one World Series at-bat
SS Juan "Remember that one play? That totally justifies keeping him around another two years" Uribe
LF Scott "Postseason Wrecking Crew" Podsednik
CF Long-Gone Aaron Rowand
RF Magglio Ordonez, acquired via trade for Freddy Garcia
DH "Face of the Franchise" Frank Thomas

SP: Rookie sensation Wilson Alvarez
SP: The Ghost of Mark Buerhle
SP: You know what? I can't even finish this. How long until opening day?

chisoxmike
11-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh My God!

spiffie
11-10-2006, 02:58 PM
I say this every year, but...

...this just might be the longest offseason ever.

Here is my opening day lineup aka the All-Nostalgia team aka 2007 World Series winners:
C "Paradise by the 'C'" Sandy Alomar, Jr.
1B Wasn't the 2005 World Series Awesome, Geoff Blum?
2B Favorite of Anyone Who Played 2B in Illinois Little League Ray Durham
3B Also Geoff Blum, because, you know, he's utility and was totally clutch in that one World Series at-bat
SS Juan "Remember that one play? That totally justifies keeping him around another two years" Uribe
LF Scott "Postseason Wrecking Crew" Podsednik
CF Long-Gone Aaron Rowand
RF Magglio Ordonez, acquired via trade for Freddy Garcia
DH "Face of the Franchise" Frank Thomas

SP: Rookie sensation Wilson Alvarez
SP: The Ghost of Mark Buerhle
SP: You know what? I can't even finish this. How long until opening day?
You forgot the following:
SP: James Baldwin's one really good first half
SP: Scott Ruffcorn's potential
SP: Jason Bere's hypothetical 1994 postseason
RP: Bob James
RP: Bob James' beard
RP: Shingo Takatsu's Gong
Closer: Bobby Thigpen. The man saved 57 freaking games!

DirtySouthsider
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
George Offman has been reporting during his updates that the Sox may be interested in bringing Rowand back AND that there may a deal in the works to aquire Omar Vizquel from the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth....but I can confirm that it was reported on The Score.

chisoxmike
11-10-2006, 03:02 PM
George Offman has been reporting during his updates that the Sox may be interested in bringing Rowand back AND that there may a deal in the works to aquire Omar Vizquel from the Giants.

Take it for what it's worth....but I can confirm that it was reported on The Score.

I may just cancel the season tickets if this happens. We REALLY don't need either of these two guys. Especially Vizquel!

spiffie
11-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I would love to see the Sox pick up Vizquel. Once more, a look at the two players:

Uribe 2006: 235/257/441
Vizquel 2006: 295/361/389

Yes, Uribe brings more power, but with the lineup the Sox have, I'd rather have a guy in the SS spot getting on base more often for the big bats. To me that's worth more than the extra 10-15 HR Juan is going to hit.

chaerulez
11-10-2006, 03:14 PM
I may just cancel the season tickets if this happens. We REALLY don't need either of these two guys. Especially Vizquel!

I'll agree that bringing back Rowand does nothing. But Vizquel at a one year rental, I don't see how he's not an upgrade over Uribe. They play about the same defense and Uribe has a terrible OBP.

Edit: If they bring back Rowand, might as well pull Robbie Alomar out of retirement and bring back Everett for the third time too.

AnkleSox
11-10-2006, 03:15 PM

The last Rowand thread I saw got moved to the roadhouse. Not that i'm trying to tell mods what to do, just commenting :smile:

TornLabrum
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll agree that bringing back Rowand does nothing. But Vizquel at a one year rental, I don't see how he's not an upgrade over Uribe. They play about the same defense and Uribe has a terrible OBP.

Edit: If they bring back Rowand, might as well pull Robbie Alomar out of retirement and bring back Everett for the third time too.

Well, for one thing Vizquel is 137 years old.

chaerulez
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM

That's why I said at a one year rental. By no means do I want Vizquel here at a long term deal. At age 39, he did hit .295 and steal 24 bases last year, so I don't think he's washed up just yet. There are about ten guys I'd rather have at SS than Vizquel? Of course, but I'd rather have Vizquel for '07 than Uribe.

spiffie
11-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Which just makes it all the sadder that he still had an OBP over 100 points higher than our young vigorous SS.

whitesoxwilkes
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM

Which makes you old enough to be his father.

itsnotrequired
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Which makes you old enough to be his father.

TREATED

CLR01
11-10-2006, 03:27 PM
The last Rowand thread I saw got moved to the roadhouse. Not that i'm trying to tell mods what to do, just commenting :smile:

No it got moved here and this is where they belong. "Hey dude, I was thinking, we really need to look into bringing back Rowand. That man is the missing piece in our return to glory. Hey dude, what's the score?"

PH13 did get mad at the people making fun of Rowand's sorry ass and split off those posts and moved them to the ****house. She doesn't ant anyone to spoil the rosy picture of Rowand his fans have painted in their heads. :wink:

Teal may or may not be needed somewhere in this post. I haven't decided yet.

Foulke You
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I would love to see the Sox pick up Vizquel. Once more, a look at the two players:

Uribe 2006: 235/257/441
Vizquel 2006: 295/361/389

Yes, Uribe brings more power, but with the lineup the Sox have, I'd rather have a guy in the SS spot getting on base more often for the big bats. To me that's worth more than the extra 10-15 HR Juan is going to hit.
I agree, Vizquel wouldn't be that bad of a pickup and he is definitely a much tougher out than Uribe. You'd be sacrificing some power but as you pointed out, he gets on base a hell of a lot more. The defense is probably about equal although Uribe probably has the stronger arm of the two. My only concern about Vizquel is his age. I think Ozzie would have to spot Vizquel with Cintron quite a bit to help Omar get through the 162 game grind without injury.

spiffie
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree, Vizquel wouldn't be that bad of a pickup and he is definitely a much tougher out than Uribe. You'd be sacrificing some power but as you pointed out, he gets on base a hell of a lot more. The defense is probably about equal although Uribe probably has the stronger arm of the two. My only concern about Vizquel is his age. I think Ozzie would have to spot Vizquel with Cintron quite a bit to help Omar get through the 162 game grind without injury.
Last two years games played:
Juan Uribe: 2005 - 146 games, 2006 - 132 games
Omar Vizquel: 2005 - 152 games, 2006 - 153 games

Seems to me he's more able to play every day than Uribe. With Ozzie's liberal substitution policy I would think he would be likely to hold up fine.

palehozenychicty
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Seems to me he's more able to play every day than Uribe. With Ozzie's liberal substitution policy I would think he would be likely to hold up fine.

Anybody want to make Vote for Omar t-shirts :redneck ?

Foulke You
11-10-2006, 04:47 PM

Well, it's not so much Vizquel's recent health history that's at question, it is his age. It is encouraging to see that Vizquel has stayed healthy through the majority of his career with the only recent spat of physical trouble occuring in 2003. However, when a player reaches 40+, you just never know when they are going to start to break down. That being said, Herm Schneider is one of the best in the business at keeping guys on the field and the fact that Vizquel would only be under contract for '07 makes it a pretty low risk/high reward acquisition.

This is an interesting scenario. KW definitely was after Vizquel a couple years ago and actually made him a 2 year deal worth $10 million so there could be credence to the trade rumors involving Vizquel. Omar ended up taking the 3 year deal with the Giants so it would be incredibly ironic for the Sox to be the team who ends up paying Vizquel the 3rd year anyway when that was what prevented him from signing with us in the first place.:D:

Kub_Killer_15
11-10-2006, 05:07 PM
You know guys its not out of the question for the great Aaron return.

getonbckthr
11-10-2006, 06:24 PM
It better be.

Chips
11-10-2006, 07:11 PM
:threadrules:

Chips
11-10-2006, 07:12 PM
:threadrules:

:tealpolice:

Jjav829
11-11-2006, 05:22 PM

It isn't. And you know what the funny thing is? Despite all the people who get all pissy and start throwing hissy fits because Rowands name was mentioned, perhaps the biggest Rowand fans of all are the manager and General Manager of this team!

Domeshot17
11-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Im not a HUGE Rowand fan, I liked the guy, but its funny how some people on this board are. Defend Uribe and his god aweful offensive ability because he may or may not give you 15-20 homers out of the 8 or 9 hole and his D is solid.

Essentially with Rowand, you get the same thing, but with a better batting average, more walks, better OBP, more potential and unlike Uribe, he does not take plays off. He may not be GREAT, but after watching Anderson appear lost for a year, I think Rowand would be a fine CF, 8 hitter, and really bring back that grinder play we had all year. Rowand was the ultimate grinder, may not have been the most talented, but he played his tail off and got every ounce of ability out of what he had.

CLR01
11-11-2006, 09:19 PM
It isn't. And you know what the funny thing is? Despite all the people who get all pissy and start throwing hissy fits because Rowands name was mentioned, perhaps the biggest Rowand fans of all are the manager and General Manager of this team!

Bull****. If they were that big on Rowand he would still be on the White Sox. I seriously doubt that Rowand was the break point in the Thome deal. Another player could have been found even if it meant bringing in a third team. They may not enjoy calling Rowand a hack as much as I do but they are not running around in their Rowand jerseys either.

Im not a HUGE Rowand fan, I liked the guy, but its funny how some people on this board are. Defend Uribe and his god aweful offensive ability because he may or may not give you 15-20 homers out of the 8 or 9 hole and his D is solid.

Uribe nees to be gone too.

Sox Fan 35
11-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Bull****. If they were that big on Rowand he would still be on the White Sox. I seriously doubt that Rowand was the break point in the Thome deal. Another player could have been found even if it meant bringing in a third team. They may not enjoy calling Rowand a hack as much as I do but they are not running around in their Rowand jerseys either.

Actually both Ozzie and JR have said Rowand was among their favorite players. I do agree with you on Uribe.

Brian26
11-11-2006, 09:56 PM
...perhaps the biggest Rowand fans of all are the manager and General Manager of this team!

If they were that big on Rowand he would still be on the White Sox. I seriously doubt that Rowand was the break point in the Thome deal.

I wonder how the course of history would have changed if Anderson hadn't homered twice off Felix in Seattle that night. Sometimes I think that's the worse thing he could have ever done for himself.

Brian Anderson Has Arrived 8/26/05 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56699&highlight=anderson+has+arrived)

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Essentially with Rowand, you get the same thing, but with a better batting average, more walks, better OBP, more potential and unlike Uribe, he does not take plays off. He may not be GREAT, but after watching Anderson appear lost for a year, I think Rowand would be a fine CF, 8 hitter, and really bring back that grinder play we had all year. Rowand was the ultimate grinder, may not have been the most talented, but he played his tail off and got every ounce of ability out of what he had.There's more to this game than just raw talent. There are hundreds of players with more raw talent than Rowand who will never get out of the minor leagues. Count up the CF around the league and you won't find 10 who are clearly preferable.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I wonder how the course of history would have changed if Anderson hadn't homered twice off Felix in Seattle that night. Sometimes I think that's the worse thing he could have ever done for himself.

Brian Anderson Has Arrived 8/26/05 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56699&highlight=anderson+has+arrived)

Nice link :cool:

Brian Anderson certainly seems to be an all-star:redface:

CLR01
11-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Actually both Ozzie and JR have said Rowand was among their favorite players. I do agree with you on Uribe.

I don't care what they have said, you have to watch a Phillies game to see him play. That says more than enough.

Jjav829
11-12-2006, 11:47 AM

Why? Are you honestly going to sit here and say that you think they would have turned down an opportunity to land a player of Thome's caliber if they were big fans of Rowand? Now that is bull**** and you know it. Come on, CLR. I know you like to rip on Rowand and always have, but let's not act like they would have let their personal feelings get in the way of business. And just the same, if the price for acquiring Rowand now is too high, they won't do it. The only way they would re-acquire Rowand is if his down year and impending free agent status leads the Phillies to give him up on the cheap. If the Phillies say, "Yeah, we'll trade Rowand, just give us Crede," KW is going to hang up laughing regardless of how much KW likes Rowand. These guys are professionals. They understand just how far you can take your personal feelings on a player before you are letting emotions get in the way of good business. Based on this post, you seem to think they aren't professional enough to make those decisions.

fquaye149
11-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Why? Are you honestly going to sit here and say that you think they would have turned down an opportunity to land a player of Thome's caliber if they were big fans of Rowand? Now that is bull**** and you know it. Come on, CLR. I know you like to rip on Rowand and always have, but let's not act like they would have let their personal feelings get in the way of business. And just the same, if the price for acquiring Rowand now is too high, they won't do it. The only way they would re-acquire Rowand is if his down year and impending free agent status leads the Phillies to give him up on the cheap. If the Phillies say, "Yeah, we'll trade Rowand, just give us Crede," KW is going to hang up laughing regardless of how much KW likes Rowand. These guys are professionals. They understand just how far you can take your personal feelings on a player before you are letting emotions get in the way of good business. Based on this post, you seem to think they aren't professional enough to make those decisions.

Of course they like him, but they like some people who are not all that good (see: Rob Mackowiack) and dislike some people they probably ought to like a little more (see: Frank Thomas and Brian Anderson).

The bottom line is that Rowand is average. If, and I haven't looked at it too close, Rowand is one of the top 10 CF's in baseball (as ON 2 claims) that speaks more to the baseball's dearth of good CFing than Rowand's strengths.

Jjav829
11-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Of course they like him, but they like some people who are not all that good (see: Rob Mackowiack) and dislike some people they probably ought to like a little more (see: Frank Thomas and Brian Anderson).

That doesn't matter. My point has never been that Rowand is a great player. My point is simply that despite the fact that some people start getting all pissed off and crying every time the possiblity of Rowand coming back is brought up, it remains a realistic possiblity because of KW's opinion of Rowand. Whether KW is overrating Rowand or not means absolutely nothing in terms of discussing the likelihood of Rowand coming back to the Sox.

The bottom line is that Rowand is average. If, and I haven't looked at it too close, Rowand is one of the top 10 CF's in baseball (as ON 2 claims) that speaks more to the baseball's dearth of good CFing than Rowand's strengths.
And just the same, whether anyone here believes Rowand is a top 10 CF or not means nothing. All that matters is what the GM of the White Sox thinks and we know that he holds Rowand in high regard. It's that simple fact that makes it a possibility that KW could try to re-acquire Rowand. And as we've seen in the past, when KW really likes someone, he will continue to try to acquire them or even bring them back after they have left (see: Contreras, Alomar, Everett, Vazquez, etc.)

CLR01
11-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Why? Are you honestly going to sit here and say that you think they would have turned down an opportunity to land a player of Thome's caliber if they were big fans of Rowand? Now that is bull**** and you know it. Come on, CLR. I know you like to rip on Rowand and always have, but let's not act like they would have let their personal feelings get in the way of business.

What do personal feelings have to do with it? My point is that if the Sox were that high on Rowand they could have found a way to make that deal work without including Rowand, whether it meant sending Anderson to Philly or to another team for a guy who would be flipped to Philly. Aaron Rowand is not the type of player that is going to make or break a deal.

Jjav829
11-12-2006, 04:15 PM
What do personal feelings have to do with it? My point is that if the Sox were that high on Rowand they could have found a way to make that deal work without including Rowand, whether it meant sending Anderson to Philly or to another team for a guy who would be flipped to Philly. Aaron Rowand is not the type of player that is going to make or break a deal.

You missed my point. What I'm saying is that regardless of how they feel about Rowand, the trade made sense from a business standpoint. That's why they made it. Sure, they probably could have found a way to make the deal work without Rowand, but that might have required giving up more talent, and that's not a wise business decision. You don't say, "Sorry, we really like Rowand, so how about we keep him and give you ever more talent to make up for it." You bite the bullet and give up a player you really appreciate because the trade makes sense for you business wise.

And for all we know, KW did try to make the deal with someone else. You're looking at the trade now and saying Rowand wasn't a deal breaker, but a lot has changed in the past year. At this time last year the Phillies were desperate for a centerfielder. Victorino hadn't showed anything and the Phillies were coming off a year where they relied heavily on Kenny Lofton in center. Meanwhile, Rowand was making a name for himself playing a very good centerfield for the World Champions. Brian Anderson was, for all intents and purposes, a minor leaguer who had proven nothing. The Phillies were looking to contend in 2006 and wanted a proven player who could help them immediately.

Palehose13
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
PH13 did get mad at the people making fun of Rowand's sorry ass and split off those posts and moved them to the ****house. She doesn't ant anyone to spoil the rosy picture of Rowand his fans have painted in their heads. :wink:

This comes from a guy with tremendous man-love for Chris Singleton. Rowand is by no means one of baseball's great, but I doubt his career will end like your hero's who was cut in the middle of the season by one of the worst teams in baseball. :tongue:

Yes, Rowand is average. However, I haven't seen too much out of Anderson (in his 134 games in CF this past year) that makes me believe that he is better than average.

I'm not advocating bringing Rowand back, but it seems that there is a lot of revisionist history. More positive than there should be from the excessive Rowand supporters and a lot more negative than what is deserved by the Rowand detractors.

fquaye149
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
This comes from a guy with tremendous man-love for Chris Singleton. Rowand is by no means one of baseball's great, but I doubt his career will end like your hero's who was cut in the middle of the season by one of the worst teams in baseball. :tongue:

Yes, Rowand is average. However, I haven't seen too much out of Anderson (in his 134 games in CF this past year) that makes me believe that he is better than average.

I'm not advocating bringing Rowand back, but it seems that there is a lot of revisionist history. More positive than there should be from the excessive Rowand supporters and a lot more negative than what is deserved by the Rowand detractors.

I think, at this point in the onversation, the most rational, adult thing to say is: "if you guys love rowand so much, why don't you marry him?".

Palehose13
11-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I think, at this point in the onversation, the most rational, adult thing to say is: "if you guys love rowand so much, why don't you marry him?".

Thanks for your enlightening insight.

SOXSINCE'70
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM

You're being modest.He's not a day over 250 years old.:D: :D:

Domeshot17
11-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Bringing back Rowand may not be the answer, but Unless you gains some confidence, an approach, and consistency, Anderson didnt look like the answer either.

I would really love to see Sweeney in center this year. I think he has a chance to be really solid.

southside rocks
11-12-2006, 07:04 PM
You missed my point. What I'm saying is that regardless of how they feel about Rowand, the trade made sense from a business standpoint. That's why they made it. Sure, they probably could have found a way to make the deal work without Rowand, but that might have required giving up more talent, and that's not a wise business decision. You don't say, "Sorry, we really like Rowand, so how about we keep him and give you ever more talent to make up for it." You bite the bullet and give up a player you really appreciate because the trade makes sense for you business wise.

And for all we know, KW did try to make the deal with someone else. You're looking at the trade now and saying Rowand wasn't a deal breaker, but a lot has changed in the past year. At this time last year the Phillies were desperate for a centerfielder. Victorino hadn't showed anything and the Phillies were coming off a year where they relied heavily on Kenny Lofton in center. Meanwhile, Rowand was making a name for himself playing a very good centerfield for the World Champions. Brian Anderson was, for all intents and purposes, a minor leaguer who had proven nothing. The Phillies were looking to contend in 2006 and wanted a proven player who could help them immediately.

This makes sense to me. There are some players who were traded by the Sox and who will -- almost certainly -- never be back. Carlos Lee. Maggs. Frank Thomas. With all those players, their attitudes and/or personalities were part of the reason they were shown the door.

There are other players who were traded who could come back, in a future trade, if things line up for that trade. Rowand is probably one of those players.

I don't pine for Aaron, but the Sox could do a lot worse than good old number 33 in CF again.

CLR01
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM

:o: :o: :o:

You better watch what you say about the greatest CFer the WS have ever had. Bad mouthing Singleton is still a bannable offense. :wink:

crazyozzie02
11-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I dont know why people just dont let this go, but one of the most reliable people out there mike north just was saying this morning (11-13) that the sox are looking in to trading for him. I aint gonna happen and i think north is just pulling the strings of the not so informed sox fans that dont know what truely is going on.

Palehose13
11-13-2006, 10:29 AM

You better watch what you say about the greatest CFer the WS have ever had. Bad mouthing Singleton is still a bannable offense. :wink:

LOL. Oh sweetheart, you just lost all creditability in this argument. :tongue:

wdelaney72
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Rowand isn't fit to wash Chris Singleton's jock.

Palehose13
11-13-2006, 12:26 PM

Yeah...that's why he's in the booth. :rolleyes:

CLR01
11-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah...that's why he's in the booth. :rolleyes:

That must make Rowand better than everyone who is broadcasting. Take a few weeks off to think about what you said. :tsk:

Anderson > Rowand. Thats why Rowand is in Philly. Wow, that really does work.

Ol' No. 2
11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
That must make Rowand better than everyone who is broadcasting. Take a few weeks off to think about what you said. :tsk:

Anderson > Rowand. Thats why Rowand is in Philly. Wow, that really does work.Rowand is in Philly because they thought Anderson was going to be better. Big difference. So far he hasn't shown it.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Rowand is in Philly because they thought Anderson was going to be better. Big difference. So far he hasn't shown it.

If Ozzie doesn't think so, Anderson could be better than Rowand but it does not matter. Kenny is either going to have to placate Ozzie and bring in a better CF than Rob Mackowiak or demand Ozzie play Anderson in 2007. Based on what happened in 2006 and Anderson's "weight loss" this offseason I expect the former.

23Ventura
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM

I'm just curious, why so much love for Chris Singleton?

southside rocks
11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm curious too -- did one mod just ban another?? :o: ROTFL!

Palehose13
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM

Anderson > Rowand. Thats why Rowand is in Philly. Wow, that really does work.

No, but when a player has to sit out a year (2004) because no one signs him after the Pirates cut him and then comes back in 2005 for Tampa Bay only to be released by the Devil Rays before the All-Star break when he is only 32 is pretty ****ing sad. Rowand is no HOFer, but it looks as though his career is turning out to be a little better than Singleton's was.

Anderson has not yet proven that he is better than Rowand. I really would love for the guy to break out and have a big year. I don't have anything against him. However, I find it amusing that he gets so much love when he hasn't proven a thing.

Ol' No. 2
11-13-2006, 03:39 PM
No, but when a player has to sit out a year (2004) because no one signs him after the Pirates cut him and then comes back in 2005 for Tampa Bay only to be released by the Devil Rays before the All-Star break when he is only 32 is pretty ****ing sad. Rowand is no HOFer, but it looks as though his career is turning out to be a little better than Singleton's was.

Anderson has not yet proven that he is better than Rowand. I really would love for the guy to break out and have a big year. I don't have anything against him. However, I find it amusing that he gets so much love when he hasn't proven a thing.http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430598.jpg Remember me?

CLR01
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM

:o:

Lies...all lies.

No one signed him after the Pirates cut him in 2004 because he had some kind of medical condition, which is the reason he was released in the first place. He was happy to take that time off and travel to Africa to feed and care for the children.

He signed with the Devils Rays in 2005 because he wanted to lend his awesomeness to help them achieve something great but he requested to be released after he realized that Jesus Christ himself couldn't carry that team to the World Series. After that he traveled the country building homes for the poor before being asked to return home to the White Sox here he belongs. The only time we'll see the 1-ply return to Chicago is to play the Cubs or get drunk at a bears game.

Why do you make up lies and insult someone who has dedicated his life to helping others? :(:
:cheers: to one of the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth.

Foulke You
11-13-2006, 04:31 PM
http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430598.jpg Remember me?
:mckay :LTP :gun
"Hey, don't forget us!!"

CLR01
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
:mckay :LTP :gun
"Hey, don't forget us!!"

Did anyone ever really love or hype Julio Ramirez?

FedEx227
11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
God I hope not.

SABRSox
11-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Did anyone ever really love or hype Julio Ramirez?

I, uh, have a Julio Ramirez jersey I bought from the White Sox garage sale for a pittance.

I'm waiting for some good player to wear number 28 so I can change the name on the back.

Sox Fan 35
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm just curious, why so much love for Chris Singleton?

That is a really good question. I agree that Singleton is a great guy but there is no way he is a better player than Rowand.

champagne030
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
If Ozzie doesn't think so, Anderson could be better than Rowand but it does not matter. Kenny is either going to have to placate Ozzie and bring in a better CF than Rob Mackowiak or demand Ozzie play Anderson in 2007. Based on what happened in 2006 and Anderson's "weight loss" this offseason I expect the former.

I hope you're wrong. My wish is to have KW knock Ozzie down a notch and establish who's boss. The way Ozzie handled CF this past season should be a crime. Whatever the reason, Ozzie needs to get past it with Brian......

southside rocks
11-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I hope you're wrong. My wish is to have KW knock Ozzie down a notch and establish who's boss. The way Ozzie handled CF this past season should be a crime. Whatever the reason, Ozzie needs to get past it with Brian......

Um -- since Ozzie Guillen is the manager of the Chicago White Sox and took the team to a World Series Championship in 2005, and Brian Anderson is a 24-year old outfielder with a lifetime MLB batting average of .221, I'd say the question of "who's boss" has already been pretty well established. :D:

And to present a differing opinion, the folks at Baseball Think Factory actually applaud Ozzie's handling of BA this year, saying " I especially like the way the Sox have handled some of their younger players trying to establish themselves. Brian Anderson comes in and struggles, and Guillen sticks with him, putting him out there everyday. He doesn't sit back and let him flounder either (cough Dusty Baker cough). The coaching staff works with his stroke while keeping him mentally strong and his bat picked up the last half of the year. "

Article on rating major-league managers at BBTF, here:
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/primate_studies/discussion/evaluating_managers_part_3/

I find the current vogue of "Brian Anderson is a god and Ozzie Guillen is a worthless piece of ****" to be ... inexplicable.

Not one single poster on this board knows what went on between Anderson and Guillen this year, yet Ozzie's been tried and sentenced to hang. Absurd.

CLR01
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
And to present a differing opinion, the folks at Baseball Think Factory actually applaud Ozzie's handling of BA this year, saying " I especially like the way the Sox have handled some of their younger players trying to establish themselves. Brian Anderson comes in and struggles, and Guillen sticks with him, putting him out there everyday. He doesn't sit back and let him flounder either (cough Dusty Baker cough). The coaching staff works with his stroke while keeping him mentally strong and his bat picked up the last half of the year. "

I might care what Baseball Think Factory thought if they actually knew what they were talking about re: Ozzie's handling of Anderson this year. He hardly kept "putting him in there everyday". Number of games it took Ozzie to bench Anderson? 1

I don't think I have seen one person claim Anderson is a god on this site but maybe I don't read as well as you. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I might care what Baseball Think Factory thought if they actually knew what they were talking about re: Ozzie's handling of Anderson this year. He hardly kept "putting him in there everyday". Number of games it took Ozzie to bench Anderson? 1

I don't think I have seen one person claim Anderson is a god on this site but maybe I don't read as well as you. :rolleyes:Sitting him for one game the second game of the season constitutes benching? Please.

CLR01
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Sitting him for one game the second game of the season constitutes benching? Please.

You're probably right, Ozzie was just keeping him fresh.

southside rocks
11-14-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think I have seen one person claim Anderson is a god on this site but maybe I don't read as well as you. :rolleyes:

That's probably it. I have the ability to read between lines. I'm the envy of my friends and family. :tongue:

Anderson played in 134 games in 2006 (365 at-bats). That's hardly any playing time at all. How can a young player be expected to improve when he's only in 80% of the games played?! It's that dastardly Ozzie's fault, and I hope Kenny fires Ozzie and names Anderson player-manager!

spiffie
11-14-2006, 10:07 AM
That's probably it. I have the ability to read between lines. I'm the envy of my friends and family. :tongue:

Anderson played in 134 games in 2006 (365 at-bats). That's hardly any playing time at all. How can a young player be expected to improve when he's only in 80% of the games played?! It's that dastardly Ozzie's fault, and I hope Kenny fires Ozzie and names Anderson player-manager!
The low number of at-bats would seem to indicate that Brian made a lot of late-inning appearances as a defensive substution since that only comes out to about 2.7 at-bats per game. Whereas Uribe, a guy who usually hit pretty low in the order as well average 3.6 at-bats per game. I'm not saying that's good or bad, simply that the 80% of games stat is kind of deceiving.

southside rocks
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
The low number of at-bats would seem to indicate that Brian made a lot of late-inning appearances as a defensive substution since that only comes out to about 2.7 at-bats per game. Whereas Uribe, a guy who usually hit pretty low in the order as well average 3.6 at-bats per game. I'm not saying that's good or bad, simply that the 80% of games stat is kind of deceiving.

Could also mean that he got taken out for a pinch-hitter after about the 5th inning. According to the stats on the Sox website, Anderson started in 106 games in 2006. That's 65% of games, not 80%. In the other 15%, he was a late-inning defensive substitution (or, on at least one occasion that I recall, a pinch-hitter).

The point I'm laboring to make (and not doing a very good job of, obviously) is that Anderson had lots of playing time this year. That's all. :D:

Ol' No. 2
11-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Could also mean that he got taken out for a pinch-hitter after about the 5th inning. According to the stats on the Sox website, Anderson started in 106 games in 2006. That's 65% of games, not 80%. In the other 15%, he was a late-inning defensive substitution (or, on at least one occasion that I recall, a pinch-hitter).

The point I'm laboring to make (and not doing a very good job of, obviously) is that Anderson had lots of playing time this year. That's all. :D:And what's more, if you look at the month-by-month splits, there is NO correlation between the amount of AB he received and how well he did.

CLR01
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM

The point I'm laboring to make (and not doing a very good job of, obviously) is that Anderson had lots of playing time this year. That's all. :D:

All that work I did looking up his game log and you correct it yourself. :angry:

:smile:

southside rocks
11-14-2006, 11:13 AM
All that work I did looking up his game log and you correct it yourself. :angry:

:smile:

I'm so sorry. Will it help at all if I say that I am a big fan of Chris Singleton? Even as a broadcaster, I like him. :wink: