PDA

View Full Version : Jim Edmonds

crazyozzie02
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Now im not gonna start off this thread by saying my cousin overheard Kenny in an airport or anything like that, but i just want you guys opinion on this guy. I know that he is getting up there in age, but he still is the best defensive center fielder in the game and can still put up some pretty good numbers. Just want some feedback on this.

hose
11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I like Edmonds but I think Andruw Jones is a better CF.

I would rather see the Sox go after a high obp fast base stealing threat instead.

Sargeant79
11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
While he is still one of the top defensive CFs in baseball, I would not call him the best anymore. Plus, he would cost a good amount of money that could be spent more wisely. I'd rather they stick with Brian Anderson than pay to bring in Edmonds.

oeo
11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Now im not gonna start off this thread by saying my cousin overheard Kenny in an airport or anything like that, but i just want you guys opinion on this guy. I know that he is getting up there in age, but he still is the best defensive center fielder in the game and can still put up some pretty good numbers. Just want some feedback on this.

I disagree. From what I saw in the postseason, he's not one of the better centerfielders in the game. Of course he still makes those amazing catches that any great centerfielder would make with ease, but so what?

In conclusion, no thanks, he's not even close to the same guy he was in his prime.

CashMan
11-10-2006, 01:30 PM
I think his option was picked up, and he and the Cards are working on a 2yr deal.

spiffie
11-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I disagree with the Edmonds idea for the same reasons other folks have said, but I do give you credit for the lead-in to the post. Well done :D:

chaerulez
11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I've always found Edmonds to be a giant tool, and I would accept him as a White Sox if he were still an above average player. I think age has caught up with him.