PDA

View Full Version : Crede is not going to have surgery

Trav
11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061109&content_id=1738191&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I hope it works out.

Soxworldchamps
11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Didn't the Sox say that if he didn't have surgery he wasn't on the team?

TheOldRoman
11-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Nope.

Corlose 15
11-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Its good to see Jenks is going to see a nutritionist. Hopefully we'll be hearing good things about his weight in 07.

BA: The Hitman
11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Sounds like everyone else is doing good, let's hope Joe's decision not to have surgery will be the right one.....

Lip Man 1
11-09-2006, 09:58 PM
I think there was a story in the newspaper at one time that said the Sox preferred that Crede do it to end the questions of if, or when, his back would go out again.

It was speculated that whether Crede elected to have the surgery or not would influence the Sox decision to attempt to work out a long term deal with Scott Boras.

Lip

TaylorStSox
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
I think there was a story in the newspaper at one time that said the Sox preferred that Crede do it to end the questions of if, or when, his back would go out again.

It was speculated that whether Crede elected to have the surgery or not would influence the Sox decision to attempt to work out a long term deal with Scott Boras.

Lip

If Hermy thinks that surgery is unnecassary, his choice is good enough for me.

DumpJerry
11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Paging Josh Fields, paging Mr. Fields.............

BanditJimmy
11-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I just don't get it.

I can't wait for the out-rage on this board when the Sox opt to not sign the check for him at $12 million per season.

This has Magglio written all over it.

TaylorStSox
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I just don't get it.

I can't wait for the out-rage on this board when the Sox opt to not sign the check for him at $12 million per season.

Except that Maggs had a horrible injury. Oh, and that Maggs turned down a very reasonable deal. Actually, this is nothing like Maggs at all. Hell, it's not even in the same ball park.

oeo
11-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I just don't get it.

Apples and oranges. This is nothing like the Maggs situation.

And like someone already said, if Herm said that surgery was not necessary, then I have full confidence that Kenny agrees with him. As long as Joe does what he needs to do (according to Herm), he should be okay. Don't start freaking out.

ChiSoxGirl
11-09-2006, 11:29 PM
From ChicagoSports.com: No Surgery for Crede (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-061109sox,1,6279094.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

After winning the 2006 Dick Martin Award for maintaining a relatively healthy roster, White Sox trainer Herm Schneider and his staff believe the Sox might not have any major issues heading into 2007.

That includes third baseman Joe Crede, who will forgo surgery in favor of an intense six- to eight-week rehabilitation program on his lower back.

"I don't see a problem with it as long as he gets better," Schneider said. "Nobody wants him to have surgery. It depends on what route you take. You can get to the end point any way."

"...Joe and his agent (Scott Boras) made the decision based on medical reports they've gotten," said general manager Ken Williams, who learned of the decision earlier this week. "I'm perfectly fine with it. Some of this has been made out to be more than what it really is."

Sounds like Kenny is confident, so why shouldn't we be?

thomas35forever
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Probably a good idea. Why risk time on the DL? I'm glad that other players are going through a variety of programs as well.

DumpJerry
11-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Does this mean he will be at Dugan's on 12/15?

MisterB
11-09-2006, 11:48 PM
After winning the 2006 Dick Martin Award...

http://www.webpan.com/thelaughin/images/show/dan_rowan_dick_martin/dick_martin_laughin.jpg
"You bet your bippy he won it!"

BanditJimmy
11-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Apples and oranges. This is nothing like the Maggs situation.

And like someone already said, if Herm said that surgery was not necessary, then I have full confidence that Kenny agrees with him. As long as Joe does what he needs to do (according to Herm), he should be okay. Don't start freaking out.

The reason I compared it to Maggs is:

1. Because both guys have failed to follow the INITIAL team suggestions when it comes to resolving their health issues.

2. Both are Scott Borass clients and their medical options appear to have been heavily influenced by an agent the Sox don't like.

Trust me, Crede's decision (regardless of Herm being OK with it) is going to leave a bitter taste in Kenny's mouth...... especially when we are talking $12+ million per year in the near future.

AJ IS GOD
11-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I think he is playing it safe. I work in healthcare, and they say that once your back is operated on, its never the same. In some instances, the problems can get worse after surgery-not better. Herm Schneider wouldnt be making the call to have or not have surgery- the White Sox team Doctors at Rush make that determination

drewcifer
11-10-2006, 12:26 AM

Yes. That was reported. More than once.

Sox Fan 35
11-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes. That was reported. More than once.

That is not true.

oeo
11-10-2006, 12:34 AM
The reason I compared it to Maggs is:

1. Because both guys have failed to follow the INITIAL team suggestions when it comes to resolving their health issues.

2. Both are Scott Borass clients and their medical options appear to have been heavily influenced by an agent the Sox don't like.

Trust me, Crede's decision (regardless of Herm being OK with it) is going to leave a bitter taste in Kenny's mouth...... especially when we are talking $12+ million per year in the near future.

It's not the same situation. Maggs would not even let White Sox doctors near his knee. He had a possible career-ending injury (no one knew if he would be able to recover). Not only that, but the Sox had already offered him a fair contract, which he denied.

And why should I trust you? Do you know Kenny Williams personally? I didn't think so, so you have no idea what he is bitter or not bitter about.

"I'm perfectly fine with it. Some of this has been made out to be more than what it really is."

That doesn't sound like bitterness to me. He says he's fine with it. If Herm doesn't think he needs surgery, then he doesn't need surgery.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-10-2006, 02:00 AM
"I'm perfectly fine with it. Some of this has been made out to be more than what it really is."

That doesn't sound like bitterness to me. He says he's fine with it. If Herm doesn't think he needs surgery, then he doesn't need surgery.

I don't think you can compare this situation to Mags. It sounds more like Kenny might be bitting his tongue so that he can get something done with Boras.

spiffie
11-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Kenny Williams may not say what he thinks of this decision, but by this time next year I think we will all know what he really thinks of it by whether or not Joe Crede has a long-term deal with the Sox.

ewokpelts
11-10-2006, 07:40 AM
looks like josh fields will be the starter in july 2007

esbrechtel
11-10-2006, 09:02 AM
i wouldnt doubt the best trainer in the MLB...if he says its unnecessary then i wouldnt do it either....

thedudeabides
11-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I think he is playing it safe. I work in healthcare, and they say that once your back is operated on, its never the same. In some instances, the problems can get worse after surgery-not better. Herm Schneider wouldnt be making the call to have or not have surgery- the White Sox team Doctors at Rush make that determination

I completely agree. If there is any comparable alternative to invasive back surgery....I would take it.

If this doesn't work, Joe can have the surgery next offseason. He played fine with the pain this year.

twsoxfan5
11-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I understand why Crede does not want to have the surgery and I will understand if the Sox don't give him a long term deal. The situation just sucks b/c Crede has become one of my favorite players and now I feel like he may be playing out his best years somewhere else.

esbrechtel
11-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I understand why Crede does not want to have the surgery and I will understand if the Sox don't give him a long term deal. The situation just sucks b/c Crede has become one of my favorite players and now I feel like he may be playing out his best years somewhere else.

I know the feeling...