PDA

View Full Version : twins trade LAWTON!!!!

Chisox_cali
07-30-2001, 11:14 PM
to the mets for rick reed
what a horrible trade by the twinkies they must be shootin for it all this year cause lawton is a good young lead-off hitter

doublem23
07-30-2001, 11:17 PM
So, they lost a bat for a pitcher? This is good news.

KVinc
07-30-2001, 11:20 PM
it will help the twinkies for two years but Lawton in right, Alex Escobar in center, Shinzo and Payton in left for Ny Mets that will be a talented outfield for years to come can you say they will be an outfield like the twins this year. I mean Lawton was the best overall outfielder he had the best arm, most experienced and could read the ball the best even though hunter was little faster and could make the spectactcular catches.

Is anyone to this whore Gammons talking about Nomar best player in boston history how we will lead to them heaven

:boston
I am The fans bitch.

CerberusWG
07-30-2001, 11:21 PM
Well with the way the Twins are playing right now, we might be able to sneak back into this thing.

doublem23
07-30-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Well with the way the Twins are playing right now, we might be able to sneak back into this thing.

Well, we still have to catch the Toons, but the wheels could fall off their pitching staff any game now.

i ate canada
07-30-2001, 11:26 PM
This sucks. Even the damn Twinkies are adding 17 million to payroll and meanwhile we are dumping vets for nothing to save 1.5 million.

I don't see why they would trade Lawton though, they must have another move coming very soon.

KVinc
07-30-2001, 11:37 PM
nawwwwwwwwwwwww! Unless everyone goes down believe their pitching will carry them to at least one win in the playoffs unless our young pitchers start regaining their form down the stretch. The twins in the playoffs could go to the cs depending on who theya re playing but then of course the yanks would kick their ass. The yanks now have a damn good bullpen and starting staff whne El Duque comes back. Well it doesnt matter we will win a world series when we start averaging 27,000(i hope to god you guys can get off your asses and do it :) )

P.S. isnt it funny that people called Kw pathetic when he tried to uphold the intregity of this organization when he called gammons and when frequently goes on radio shows and lets the fans hear him alot unlike Schu but yet they will cheer for a guy like Schu who was really a yes man, and lied to the fans oh yes he did and fired/hired people when we knew he shouldnt have.

Dont ridicule me but i feel that a black person gets more heat when they do moves than if a white person would. This is what i have i observed, if i am wrong and have offended some people , can someone help teach a young man like me not to feel like this so i can be a better person overall.

:KW

Hey gammons get the **** out of my face and dont talk about my organization."

:boston

" Umm I only know about Boggs, Vaughns Breast opps uh... Boston forever."

dudes help me by reading and tell me if i am wrong to think this

PutItOnTheBoard
07-30-2001, 11:37 PM
Couldn't believe it when I just read it on ESPN. They must be out of their mind. They already have a great rotation. A playoff type rotation where you just pitch the top three guys. Now they trade away one of their best bats!? With Guzman's return still up in the air? For a 36 year old pitcher? Crazy. I mean, do they really think they can beat the Mariners anyway? Oh well, it's good for us in the long run...

danman31
07-30-2001, 11:39 PM
*** are the Twins thinking. This definetily hurts there team now and for the future. Lawton is already a superstar. I love this deal for the Sox. The Twins didn't really need another pitcher. They have 3 all star calibur pitchers already. Lawton was their best hitter this year, better than Mintkey(is a)witch. They were a team that had pitching and needed hitting. Now they have better pitching, but much worse hitting. *** are they thinking!!!!

doublem23
07-30-2001, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
P.S. isnt it funny that people called Kw pathetic when he tried to uphold the intregity of this organization when he called gammons and when frequently goes on radio shows and lets the fans hear him alot unlike Schu but yet they will cheer for a guy like Schu who was really a yes man, and lied to the fans oh yes he did and fired/hired people when we knew he shouldnt have.

Dont ridicule me but i feel that a black person gets more heat when they do moves than if a white person would. Thiis is what i have i observed if i am wrong and have offended some people , can someone help teach a young man like me not to feel like this so i can be a better person overall.

Okay - Remember that I am on 17. I don't remember the early Ron Schueler days, but since 1997, it looked like Schueler had a plan, get young, develop the youth, and win that way. Williams looks like his plan was to add pieces to build a champ, and when that failed, frantically sell pieces away.

SECONDLY - At least Ron Schueler knew who he was getting, and he didn't get the shaft. We got SOME talent in the "White Flag Trade," but right now, the only talent Williams looks to have gotten was Majewski (and in this staff, he's not going to find a place to pitch).

Let's face it, in the White Flag Deal, Schueler started to plan for the future of this organization (the timing was terrible, but give him that much credit). I don't know what Williams was thinking (I mean, he didn't even know who he was getting!) There are some holes on this team (most notably, catcher). KW could have gotten someone!

PutItOnTheBoard
07-30-2001, 11:59 PM
KVinc, the criticisms of KW have nothing to do with his background. Heck, Jerry Reinsdorf probably gets more criticism than anyone around here. The fact is that he is a rookie, so he is going to be under the microscope. And lately his moves haven't looked so good. I don't care if you're purple or green, mistaking the player you thought you were getting in a trade is a travesty, and is completely inexcusable.

Plus, I'd say that ridiculous picture of him that serves as his tag probably doesn't help engender too much respect around here either.

KVinc
07-31-2001, 12:07 AM
thanks Putitontheboard and everyone else hopefully this will help me not to feel defensive when anyone of Latin or African-American blood are criticized.

Thanks guys

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 12:09 AM
Plus, I'd say that ridiculous picture of him that serves as his tag probably doesn't help engender too much respect around here either.

Hey, what's wrong with my tag? That was the picture that was uploaded months ago, LOL!

i ate canada
07-31-2001, 12:27 AM
hopefully this will help not to feel defensive when anyone of Latin or African-American blood are criticized.

Hello irony.

doublem23
07-31-2001, 12:28 AM
Hmmmm... didn't we have this discussion on the old board when the Mary Mitchell story came up?

ma-gaga
07-31-2001, 09:09 AM
I was in shock when i read the article this morning.
Twinkies must have something else up their sleeve. With Guzman out, they need hitting. The next 6 hours will be interesting.

CerberusWG
07-31-2001, 11:19 AM
I heard they are shopping for Dmitri Young...still that trade does not make any sense.

ma-gaga
07-31-2001, 02:11 PM
hmm. it does and it doesn't. The Twins' manager was never too impressed with Lawton. He is a good player, and an all-star, but he was too streaky. He'd go on a 20 game 0.600 tear, then on an 2-24 lapse. I think Lawton went 4-34 after the all-star break.

It only makes sense if the Twins feel like they can make up for his bat either by trade or by bringing up a kid. They got hammered by Seattle/Cleveland, maybe they felt that they needed another pitcher to keep the Mariners/Indians under 4-5 runs a game.

I guess we'll see what happens.

:)

Mathew
07-31-2001, 02:43 PM
That's the Twinks fan isn't it. Sorry buddy but to try to justify trading a what 25yr old all star at any position for a 36 yr old pitcher is foolish. Even if he's as streaky as Ray Durham.