PDA

View Full Version : New Diamondback Uniforms

Viva Medias B's
11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
When we return to Tucson in February of 2007, our fellow tennants at the Kino Sports Complex will be sporting new uniforms (http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061109&content_id=1737540&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari). I like the look of these Sedona red and Sonora sand uniforms.

Hangar18
11-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I think the Arizona Astro uniforms look great ......
err I mean the Houston Dbacks outfits .....

Now, when we watch Sportscenter, and theyre showing Brewers vs DBacks and Astros vs Padres, we'll have no idea who is playing ....

MarySwiss
11-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Ugh! :(:

CanBuehrleWait
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
The Arizona Nationals of Houston, Texas?

sox1970
11-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm sick of all solid color jerseys--including the Sox. I understand why they do it, but I wish they would limit the amount of games they wear them. And when both teams wear them in the same game, it looks stupid. I like home whites and road grays-period.

the gooch
11-09-2006, 09:36 AM
i think the db logo on the sleeve is really cool.
they need to get rid of the snake D and put that on their hats.

Jerko
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM
The Arizona Nationals of Houston, Texas?

My first thought as well. Horrendous IMO, and that sleeve patch has to go.

FedEx227
11-09-2006, 09:47 AM
If the Astros and the Nationals uniforms had a baby

Kub_Killer_15
11-09-2006, 09:49 AM
My favoirte colors are red and black but this is getting out of hand.

jenn2080
11-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Those are pretty ugly. Actually REALLY ****ING UGLY!

MUsoxfan
11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Those are possibly the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen in my entire life. Their former uniforms weren't too easy on the eyes either

Myrtle72
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I am definately tired of red. And those uniforms look pretty lame. I liked the old colors much better.

chisoxmike
11-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Horrible, horrible uniforms. :o:

Hangar18
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Those are possibly the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen in my entire life. Their former uniforms weren't too easy on the eyes either

The current Rockies uniforms are the ugliest in baseball. The Hat, LOGO, Home uniform, Road uniform, practice top, jackets, alternate jerseys ....
Across the board UGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY

This new Dback uniform was documented in another thread, MLB forgot the Dbacks showed up for their new uniform unveiling, so these were hastily put together. Its an Astros uniform with "Arizona" substituted instead.

I want Mags back
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
:puking: :puking: :puking: :puking: :puking:

palehozenychicty
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Just when you think that MLB officials can't get any more imprudent on baseball matters, they take it to a new low.

Who thought those were an improvement? :rolleyes:

JGarlandrules20
11-09-2006, 11:20 AM
My dbacks friend loves it. He hated the purple, haha.

I think they look okay. The only thing that's really lame is the fact it says "DBacks"

I'll miss the purple socks!

ewokpelts
11-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I think the Arizona Astro uniforms look great ......
err I mean the Houston Dbacks outfits .....

Now, when we watch Sportscenter, and theyre showing Brewers vs DBacks and Astros vs Padres, we'll have no idea who is playing ....I like the brew crew unis....gotta love BEER colored..sides...they do wear the retro unis

oeo
11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
What is with these crappy fonts they're using now (like on the Padres uniform, then the Nationals, now the D-Backs)? You can't make anything more creative than that?

I'm glad the Sox uniforms kick ass and will be around for a long time.

I like the brew crew unis....gotta love BEER colored..sides...they do wear the retro unis

So do I. And, IMO, the throwbacks need to stay just that, throwbacks. The MB glove logo is pretty sweet, but to me it just screams 1980s. Maybe if they update it with the darker blue and another one of their current colors...but the light blue/yellow just isn't doing it for me.

DaleJRFan
11-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I sooo tried to like these and not be such a grumpy negative poster... but DAMN!! Those are the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Did they have a lot of extra Nationals jeresys they just re-lettered??? UGH..

ewokpelts
11-09-2006, 11:44 AM
What is with these crappy fonts they're using now (like on the Padres uniform, then the Nationals, now the D-Backs)? You can't make anything more creative than that?

I'm glad the Sox uniforms kick ass and will be around for a long time.

So do I. And, IMO, the throwbacks need to stay just that, throwbacks. The MB glove logo is pretty sweet, but to me it just screams 1980s. Maybe if they update it with the darker blue and another one of their current colors...but the light blue/yellow just isn't doing it for me.the 2006 version of the 80's unis look a hell of a lot nicer than the 80's polyester too tight for prime time uniforms.

MarySwiss
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
According to an article in today's Republic, the font is supposed to be more "fang-like.":?:

Norberto7
11-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Granted, the uniforms are fairly derivative of Washington and Houston, however, I don't think they look bad and I will be thrilled to forever purge the memory of those hideous teal and purple unis.

Lip Man 1
11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I read someplace where the D-back owners wanted the color scheme to be comparable to the colors used by the NHL club.

Lip

Chip Z'nuff
11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
yeah pretty bad. They look like what uniforms from the XFL would look like if the XFL was a baseball league.

I wander if HE HATE ME will play outfield for the D-BACKS this year?

23Ventura
11-09-2006, 12:28 PM
If the Astros and the Nationals uniforms had a baby
That was exactly what I thought too. The old ones were better.

goofymsfan
11-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Egads those are bad. I don't mind the colors but the "DBACKS" looks ridiculous and the font is not cool. I can't quite quite figure exactly what I don't like about it, just that something is not right with it. They look silly. Granted the color scheme of the old uniforms wasn't great, but they had a better look to them. These, just don't.

Chip Z'nuff
11-09-2006, 12:33 PM
blue and orange would have been a good combo

CaptainBallz
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
They look like what uniforms from the XFL would look like if the XFL was a baseball league...

*Begins drafting letter to Vince McMahon.

Yeah, those uni's are typical and lame. Here's to mediocrity.:gulp:

Baby Fisk
11-09-2006, 01:08 PM
There's a softball team somewhere in Arizona that wants its uniforms back.

FedEx227
11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Whats with uniforms becoming so annoyingly simple lately? It seems to be a league-to-league thing as well. The NBA only has maybe 4-5 teams with decent looking uniforms while the rest are just color-schemed carbon copies.

The only league that seems to be improving is the NFL. I'm no Vikings fan but those new unis are great dido for the Arizona Cardinals.

Unregistered
11-09-2006, 02:06 PM
You know, it's weird. I was just thinking about the XFL the other day... :cool:

Baby Fisk
11-09-2006, 02:20 PM
That font is not good. At first glance, it looks like D' hacks. Seriously, it's a Washington Nationals home jersey with a different word on the front. Piece of crap.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6460/dbackle1.jpg

Whitesox029
11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
blue and orange would have been a good combo
Yeah but then we would have been saying they were taking the mets' color scheme. Honestly, I think the new color scheme is 100x better than the old one...No baseball team should be wearing purple, the Rockies included. I think the old uniforms and logos should have been kept and only the colors should have changed.

PKalltheway
11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I think the old uniforms and logos should have been kept and only the colors should have changed.
I agree. I was thinking the same thing. Those colors would have looked awesome if they would have kept the same style uniforms.

ewokpelts
11-09-2006, 03:14 PM
That font is not good. At first glance, it looks like D' hacks. Seriously, it's a Washington Nationals home jersey with a different word on the front. Piece of crap.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6460/dbackle1.jpgand for $250 a jersey...is it me, or have jerseys gottn TOO EXPENSIVE? two years a go, you could get lettered jerseys online for 169, now it's 209.....the park is actually cheaper now

TheOldRoman
11-09-2006, 06:35 PM
The current Rockies uniforms are the ugliest in baseball. The Hat, LOGO, Home uniform, Road uniform, practice top, jackets, alternate jerseys ....
Across the board UGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY

This new Dback uniform was documented in another thread, MLB forgot the Dbacks showed up for their new uniform unveiling, so these were hastily put together. Its an Astros uniform with "Arizona" substituted instead.
Hangar, it isn't even close to being the Rockies. Granted, they get a lot of points taken off for those stomach churning black vests, but the the color scheme is great.
The hats are nice. Hats don't have to be the team's primary color if they are darker than the primary. For instance, the Red Sox look great in navy hats. The Astros primary color is red, but they wear black hats. The problem is not the hat.
I personally like their purple alternate, and think they should wear it more. Their road jerseys are also good and distinctive. They need to tweak the colors on the numbers. Besides the atrocious black vests, which are some of the worst pieces of crap to ever see a baseball diamond, their home uni and their home vest suck. They are blatant copies of the Sox homes, with no purple at all. If they redid the home jersey, with purple numbers, and kept the black hats, they would look great. Black works well in their color scheme, but they should accentuate purple as their primary color.

The fact that you would mention the Rockies leads me to believe your craziness has some caused you to no longer recognize the Blue Jays as a team. They have BY FAR the worst uniforms in baseball. The Mets are also a walking embarrassment, along the Brewers "lets wipe our ass with tradition, adopt trendy colors, a generic wordmark, and use times new roman on our jerseys" movement, and the Marlins "lets eliminate one of the few unique looks in baseball and make our uniforms all black like everyone else" embarrassment. Aside from the black vests, the Rockies are lightyears ahead of all those teams. The Reds last set sucked it hard, but we will see how their new unis look.

TheOldRoman
11-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Whats with uniforms becoming so annoyingly simple lately? It seems to be a league-to-league thing as well. The NBA only has maybe 4-5 teams with decent looking uniforms while the rest are just color-schemed carbon copies.

The only league that seems to be improving is the NFL. I'm no Vikings fan but those new unis are great dido for the Arizona Cardinals.
If by great you mean ridiculous, hideous, disgusting, and humiliating, the Vikings uniforms are great. The NFL, up until recently, was the best league colorwise, but even their colors are starting to suck now with the "lets make our colors darker shades, and use navy whenever possible" bandwagon. No team has done a decent upgrade since the Buccaneers, and even theirs was replacing one very good look with another that will look dated in 10 years, which will cause them to change everything again.

MDF3530
11-09-2006, 06:40 PM
aWhy the heck do the D-Backs keep changing uni's? The first ones were pretty ugly, but the ones they had recently were pretty sharp.I'd be willing to bet this was not the D-Backs idea to even change the unis. Also, it said they tweaked the "D" logo. Probably because it may have been bordering on copyright infringement.

PKalltheway
11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
The Reds last set sucked it hard, but we will see how their new unis look.
The Reds home jerseys aren't that bad. Their road jerseys are awful. If they would have just worn their all-red caps for all of their home games, and gotten rid of the black inside of the wishbone "c," their home jerseys would be perfect. They're far from the worst as far as team history goes. Remember the jerseys they had in the '90's with the pinstriped hats?:puking:
I'm anxious to see what their new jerseys will look like.

The only teams that should have black in their uniforms are the White Sox, Rockies, and to a lesser extent, the Giants (the black and orange tradition and all).

MDF3530
11-09-2006, 06:50 PM
*Begins drafting letter to Vince McMahon.In that letter, tell him to fire all the writers he has coming up with story lines for the WWE and hire me. I could do a better job than those hacks.

Grzegorz
11-09-2006, 09:25 PM

Remember those Vancouver Canucks uniforms from the late '70s and early '80s? Weren't they black, brown, yellow and orange?

Stoky44
11-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Did you see their other alternate uni....

BA: The Hitman
11-09-2006, 09:56 PM
I never knew that another team's uniforms could upset so many people..........:D:

Kub_Killer_15
11-09-2006, 10:04 PM

That actually isn't that bad of a jersey compared to the other ones.

oeo
11-09-2006, 10:06 PM

That's the only good looking one, IMO.

TheOldRoman
11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I never knew that another team's uniforms could upset so many people..........:D:
Are you kidding?
Hangar, BabyFisk, Southside_Hitmen, and I are close to marching all the way to NYC city hall to protest the Mets use of black in their uniforms. :D:

kraut83
11-10-2006, 08:37 AM

http://www.donatos.com/images/respect.gif (http://www.donatos.com/mainHome.asp)
The 2007 Arizona Diamondbacks...brought to you by Donato's Pizza? :?:

crazyozzie02
11-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Im sorry but i hate them. I wore the purple and black for three years playing baseball here in NW indiana (babe ruth leauge, ect) and i loved them. So well. Just another way to make money

goon
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
i just think it's funny that chris young is the one doing the modeling.

Milw
11-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm no Vikings fan but those new unis are great
:?:

That's a jaw-dropping statement.

Red Barchetta
11-11-2006, 01:24 AM
As White Sox fans, we're walking on thin ice when it comes to criticising other teams uniforms. Imagine if there were websites around when we unveiled the pajamas and shorts in the late 70s. :redface:

Look on the brightside, there is one more reason to like our uniforms - the best in the game! (Yankees and Dodgers next). IMO. :smile:

skobabe8
11-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Id say the color scheme is an improvement over the teal. I know it completely copies off the Nats, Astros, and NHL Coyotes, but anything is better than teal/purple.

What really sucks is the stupid lettering.

And the black alternate. Why must every team have a black alternate???

Milw
11-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Id say the color scheme is an improvement over the teal. I know it completely copies off the Nats, Astros, and NHL Coyotes, but anything is better than teal/purple.

I know admitting this calls my sexuality into question, but I think teal/purple is the coolest color scheme around.

Brian26
11-12-2006, 02:01 PM
As White Sox fans, we're walking on thin ice when it comes to criticising other teams uniforms. Imagine if there were websites around when we unveiled the pajamas and shorts in the late 70s.

The Dodgers and Yankees always get a reprieve because their unis are classic and timeless (much like the Sox now). If you go back and look at what the other teams were wearing in that time period, it wasn't much better.

The Cubs road uniforms from the late 70s:

http://www.finalshot.com/Photos/Cubs/KingmanDave1978.jpg

Cleveland's all red uniforms:
http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-46/33-46064-F.jpg

The Pirates:
http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAEJ039~Willie-Stargell-Running-Photofile-Posters.jpg

The Padres:
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/winfield_dave_5.jpg

I want Mags back
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I read someplace where the D-back owners wanted the color scheme to be comparable to the colors used by the NHL club.

Lip

https://www.icejerseys.com/images/jerseys_away/coyotes.jpg http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3346976th.gif (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2540898&cp=2544389)

yeah the red is much more alike then i thought. i thought the coyotes red was a much darker

Jerome
11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
probably in a few years they will make another change, those are nasty

Jerome
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I know admitting this calls my sexuality into question, but I think teal/purple is the coolest color scheme around.

HELL YEAH! 90s Charlotte Hornets all the way

downstairs
11-13-2006, 11:08 AM
The new D'Backs uniforms would make great Sunday Beer Softball League uniforms.

Seriously, I love simplicity- but sometimes it just looks cheap. Like they got them done for $10 at the mall.

Of course anything other than their last uniform/logo selection is an upgrade.

Hangar18
11-13-2006, 11:18 AM

This is the Astros uniform, just different letters
For the Record, I like it, but my beef is that ITS THE SAME UNIFORM AS THE ASTROS. So lets see, in the National League, weve got like 5 teams now with the same Cookie-Cutter Retro stadiums, 4 teams with the same uniforms, 2 that have the UGLIEST IN PROSPORTS (mets/rockies)
yeeeesh, glad im not an NL fan

Wsoxmike59
11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
The sleeve patch looks like it's saying "OK" in both lefty and righty. :D:

http://lizard-clapping.tripod.com/nest/ok-sign.gif

TheOldRoman
11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
This is the Astros uniform, just different letters
For the Record, I like it, but my beef is that ITS THE SAME UNIFORM AS THE ASTROS. So lets see, in the National League, weve got like 5 teams now with the same Cookie-Cutter Retro stadiums, 4 teams with the same uniforms, 2 that have the UGLIEST IN PROSPORTS (mets/rockies)
yeeeesh, glad im not an NL fan
Once again, the Rockies aren't even close to having the worst uniforms in baseball, let along UGLIEST IN PROSPORTS. Off the top of my head, these teams' embarrassments are far worse than anything the Rockies wear other than the black vests:

BLUE JAYS
Mets
Buffalo Sabres - mindblowingly horrible
Atlanta Thrashers
Brewers
Anahiem Ducks
Nashville Predators
Washington Capitals
Washington Wizards
Charlotte Bobcats
N.O. Hornets
76ers
Golden State Warriors
Orlando Magic
Phoenix Suns
Sacramento Kings
Utah Jazz
Buffalo Bills
Cincinatti Bengals
Denver Broncos
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks

You may not like their colors, but from a design or an aesthetic standpoint, the Rockies' unis aren't even in the bottom 20.

esbrechtel
11-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Once again, the Rockies aren't even close to having the worst uniforms in baseball, let along UGLIEST IN PROSPORTS. Off the top of my head, these teams' embarrassments are far worse than anything the Rockies wear other than the black vests:

BLUE JAYS
Mets
Buffalo Sabres - mindblowingly horrible
Atlanta Thrashers
Brewers
Anahiem Ducks
Nashville Predators
Washington Capitals
Washington Wizards
Charlotte Bobcats
N.O. Hornets
76ers
Golden State Warriors
Orlando Magic
Phoenix Suns
Sacramento Kings
Utah Jazz
Buffalo Bills
Cincinatti Bengals
Denver Broncos
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks

You may not like their colors, but from a design or an aesthetic standpoint, the Rockies' unis aren't even in the bottom 20.

what are wrong with the teams in bold??? i happen to like alot of their unis and as far as the broncos are concered their new jerseys are either loved or hated but they are way better than the dreamsicle orange and light royal not quite baby blue...