PDA

View Full Version : Jim Thome part of Macfarlane MLB 17

soltrain21
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
The picture is fairly large, so here is the link...

http://www.spawn.com/toys/baseball/mlb17/jthome-whitesox/images/mlb17_jthome-whitesox_photo_01_dp.jpg

edit - in my opinion he looks too skinny.

itsnotrequired
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM

And the bat looks like some type of troll club. Good grief, does that thing look huge!

IspepAloc
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Might have to buy it and attempt to get it autographed.

Norberto7
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Looks like he's popping that one up to third...

Oblong
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Is this brand new? The reason I ask is I was at Toys R Us last night and saw it. I expected him to still be in a Phillie uniform.

They had a cool one of Fisk waving his HR fair. I wanted to buy it.

ewokpelts
11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Is this brand new? The reason I ask is I was at Toys R Us last night and saw it. I expected him to still be in a Phillie uniform.

They had a cool one of Fisk waving his HR fair. I wanted to buy it.the thome fig JUST came out...as for fisk, i'd get it if i were you

the gooch
11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
how the heck is the ball floating there?

CashMan
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
how the heck is the ball floating there?

There is a piece of plastic that attaches to the ball and to the bat.

hi im skot
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Looks exactly like the one from series 6...only he was wearing a Phillies jersey.

35th&Shields
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Is MacFarlane trying to raise $$$$$ to buy Barry Bonds' next home run record ball? Or waiting until A-Rod takes a crack at it?

I want Mags back
11-08-2006, 07:27 PM
i love the footing on it, just hysterical

Jurr
11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Looks like friggin' Ross Gload!!!! Proportions, please!!!!

Iwritecode
11-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Looks exactly like the one from series 6...only he was wearing a Phillies jersey.

It does. It looks like they used the exact same mold and just put a different paint job on him.

ewokpelts
11-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Looks like friggin' Ross Gload!!!! Proportions, please!!!!on action figures, sometimes you have to NOT be realistic...otherwise, you'd have a six inch chest for thome...that's a lotta plastic

MinnySoxFan
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
on action figures, sometimes you have to NOT be realistic...otherwise, you'd have a six inch chest for thome...that's a lotta plastic

and backne on Barry Bonds.

SoxSideIrish
11-09-2006, 02:37 PM
i dont think his feet are nearly far enough apart. he practically does the splits when he swings.

Oblong
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
i dont think his feet are nearly far enough apart. he practically does the splits when he swings.

He's in good company (http://www.rightviewpro.com/mantelvsichiro.php)

SoxSideIrish
11-09-2006, 05:32 PM
He's in good company (http://www.rightviewpro.com/mantelvsichiro.php) Isn't Ichiro a lefty?

Kub_Killer_15
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Not bad, they didn't get everything perfect but he does look better in black then red. That will go on my X-mas list.

Rockman218
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
lol

PushinWeight
11-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it looks pretty cool. I love the detail on it. Those Mcfarlane toys usually look pretty well done. If I actually had money to throw around, I would buy it and ad it to my display of Sox memorabilia.

Iwritecode
11-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I looked for this last night in a couple of different stores. I found the Podsednik one instead. I also found a bunch of east coast players. A-rod, Varitek, Delgado...

Ironic that we have all the east coast ones here and somebody in Detroit finds Thome and Fisk.

They had a cool one of Fisk waving his HR fair. I wanted to buy it.

That's interesting because according to the website, they aren't supposed to be released until Spring of 2007. :?:

hi im skot
11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I looked for this last night in a couple of different stores. I found the Podsednik one instead. I also found a bunch of east coast players. A-rod, Varitek, Delgado...

Ironic that we have all the east coast ones here and somebody in Detroit finds Thome and Fisk.

That's interesting because according to the website, they aren't supposed to be released until Spring of 2007. :?:

There's a 3 inch version of this figure available now. I believe he's wearing the alternate jersey with road pants.

Iwritecode
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
There's a 3 inch version of this figure available now. I believe he's wearing the alternate jersey with road pants.

Well that explains that. :smile:

kruzer31
11-10-2006, 01:47 PM

Which toys r us had the podsednik, id like to purchase it. Did you see any of the cooperstown baseball(Clemente, Reggie Jackson, Cal Ripken, etc?)and if so at which store?

Thanks for your help

jeff

skottyj242
11-10-2006, 01:53 PM
The picture is fairly large, so here is the link...

http://www.spawn.com/toys/baseball/mlb17/jthome-whitesox/images/mlb17_jthome-whitesox_photo_01_dp.jpg

That will look fantastic on my wall.

Iwritecode
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Which toys r us had the podsednik, id like to purchase it. Did you see any of the cooperstown baseball(Clemente, Reggie Jackson, Cal Ripken, etc?)and if so at which store?

Thanks for your help

jeff

It was at a Wal-Mart in Rockford. Most everything else I saw was football.

Iguana775
11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I got a Thome one in early summer that's just a little different than this. In the one I got, the ball is on the bat.

Soxfest
11-13-2006, 02:26 AM
I like it!

Oblong
11-13-2006, 10:09 AM

It was there. Toys R Us in Southgate, MI. Is there another one of him in the Sox uniform? Maybe that's what I saw. But it was definately Jim and a Sox uni.
Took my 6 year old so that he could get some ideas for his birthday and christmas. I tried to convince him that the Fisk one would be a great addition he can't appreciate it yet. (I even said "he's the real Pudge")

Iwritecode
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
It was there. Toys R Us in Southgate, MI. Is there another one of him in the Sox uniform? Maybe that's what I saw. But it was definately Jim and a Sox uni.
Took my 6 year old so that he could get some ideas for his birthday and christmas. I tried to convince him that the Fisk one would be a great addition he can't appreciate it yet. (I even said "he's the real Pudge")

There's a smaller version of him in road gray. Maybe that's what you saw?

kruzer31
11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
It was at a Wal-Mart in Rockford. Most everything else I saw was football.

Do you know if they had alot of Scott Podsedniks and Carlton Fisks in stock at the Walmart in Rockford? I live in Schaumburg and might make the drive out there to get them if you think they still have some.

Jeff

salty99
11-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Holy Crap!!! Maggs Is On Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calcio23
11-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Holy Crap!!! Maggs Is On Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing what those Austrian doctors can do.

As far as Thome's figure is concerned, the ball being off the bat attached by clear plastic just looks a bit odd. It also seems like it'd be too easy to break. His socks seem a bit low, and they forgot his man boobs! Otherwise it's a fine product.