PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Morgan Ensberg ?

White Sox Randy
11-07-2006, 02:01 PM
It looks like he will be available in trade. The Stros may go with Huff at 3b.

If the Sox decide to move Crede, I think that he might be a good way to go.

He has decent speed not station to station.

Defensively not bad but not as good as Joe.

His OBP is tremendous versus Joe's very low OBP.

Power is about equal. He may come a little cheaper.

Maybe we could get him and a bullpen help from Houston.

Just a thought.

Craig Grebeck
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Fantastic OBP and plate discipline. How about Ensberg/Lane/Lidge for one of our starters? They have given up on almost all of them.

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Although i would miss Crede at 3rd, odds of resigning him are slim to none, and this is the best idea i've heard so far for a replacement man at third (or any position for that matter, since its both realistic and a good replacement). No AROD!!!!! Yes to Ensberg

Huisj
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Didn't he hit .230 this year? I remember him being absolutely nothing in the WS last year too.

DaleJRFan
11-07-2006, 02:19 PM
word from Houston is that Huff will be resigned. Hard to imagine they would move Ensberg from 3B to put a butcher like Huff there... Huff can hit, but he's awful at 3B.

As for Ensberg on the Sox... a good case could be made for him, but I'd stick with Crede or Fields. Ensberg is a good fielder, but producing 230/25/80 isn't really an improvement over anyone else that could play 3B. More than likely, the Sox could get the same kind of production out of Fields.

White Sox Randy
11-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Ensberg was injured last year so he doesn't come without risk. But, his 2005 numbers were awesome.

And, last year's .235 average comes with a .396 OBP. I believe Joe's was .308. The base doesn't know how you got there.

spiffie
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't dislike Ensberg as an option, but I don't really see the point in giving up anything for him. He's a slight offensive upgrade looking at his career numbers, and a definite defensive downgrade. Plus he's older than Crede. If it was part of a larger deal to shore up the pen as well that might not be too bad, but straight up I don't see it. I'm willing to take a defensive downgrade for better offense, but it would have to be significantly more offense (think Aramis Ramirez or Alex Rodriguez).

QCIASOXFAN
11-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I hate Morgan Ensberg.

Chez
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
If you're prepared to write off Crede (and I think that would be a mistake), then I'd rather go with Josh Fields and spend my money on a lead-off hitter and bullpen help.

oeo
11-07-2006, 04:48 PM
No thanks. If Crede is gone, Fields is our guy. We're set at third base for awhile, regardless of whether Crede re-signs (this is barring whether Fields doesnt' flop, but I have confidence that he will not).

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I dont think Crede is going anywhere, unless we acquire big arms for 'em

Jjav829
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
If Crede goes, I would guess Fields would be his replacement.

The Padres should go after Ensberg again. Good player when that shoulder is healthy.