PDA

View Full Version : Tom Paciorek out of work...again!

Medford Bobby
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
:o: This is about the fourth team he's worked for since he left the Sox that he's contract was not renewed.....He must be rubbing some one the wrong way.....:mad:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/06/AR2006110600826.html

Madvora
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
For future posters, to end this right now... No, he's not coming back to the Sox.

Please search for other "What Ever Happened Between Hawk and Wimpy?" threads

MUsoxfan
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Paciorek said he would retire from broadcasting, "because this is the only job I wanted."

Sure, Wimpy. The Nats job is the be-all end-all for you. If you can't have the Nat's job, then broadcasting isn't worth doing no matter what the situation. Just admit you've burned every bridge in baseball and your options are exhausted.

I thought the most interesting note in that article was the Tim Redding is only 28 years old. I thought he was much older

Lip Man 1
11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Just spoke to Lorn Brown about this...who just spoke with Tom.

According to Tom he and some other folks were let go by a marketing guy hired by GM Stan Kasten. The marketing guy came from Atlanta where he wanted to do the same thing with that franchise, but Skip Caray put his foot down and won the power struggle. This resulted in the folks the marketing guy wanted to fire being kept and eventually the marketing guy getting the boot himself.

Tom was fired on his birthday, he just turned 60 (God that's hard to believe...) and is serious about retiring. He's disgusted with the business because no longer are decisions being made by baseball people (a thought echoed by Lorn) but by folks who have very little idea about the game of baseball but are schooled in the business of baseball.

Take it for whatever it's worth to you.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Why is this in What's the Score?

DaleJRFan
11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I thought the most interesting note in that article was the Tim Redding is only 28 years old. I thought he was much older

Good for Redding. He may get a shot to start with the Nats next year. Sorry to see him go. Did well in Charlotte last year.

EDIT: one of the other 21 players the Nats signed today - is fellow ex-Sox pitcher Felix Diaz.

fquaye149
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM

According to Tom he and some other folks were let go by a marketing guy hired by GM Stan Kasten. The marketing guy came from Atlanta where he wanted to do the same thing with that franchise, but Skip Caray put his foot down and won the power struggle. This resulted in the folks the marketing guy wanted to fire being kept and eventually the marketing guy getting the boot himself.

Tom was fired on his birthday, he just turned 60 (God that's hard to believe...) and is serious about retiring. He's disgusted with the business because no longer are decisions being made by baseball people (a thought echoed by Lorn) but by folks who have very little idea about the game of baseball but are schooled in the business of baseball.

Lip

Thanks for the inside info. Definitely some interesting stuff. Too bad about the whole business of baseball crap...Foxification and Seligization of the game, I guess.

Baby Fisk
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Too bad for Wimpy. I always liked listening to him, regardless of which team he was broadcasting for.

dickallen15
11-07-2006, 05:56 PM

Lip

What's Lorn up to these days? He was a very underrated broadcaster if you
ask me.

Parrothead
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
For future posters, to end this right now... No, he's not coming back to the Sox.

Beat me to it.....I want him instead of DJ or Singleton.

Lip Man 1
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Dick:

Lorn lives in Las Crusas, New Mexico. Does studio voice over work on commericals and is the radio host for the weekly Reggie Thues Show. (NMSU basketball)

Still sounds good.

Lip

Fenway
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the inside info. Definitely some interesting stuff. Too bad about the whole business of baseball crap...Foxification and Seligization of the game, I guess.

We seeing the same thing in Boston with Steve Lyons going to radio replacing a 13 year play caller.

AnkleSox
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Beat me to it.....I want him instead of DJ or Singleton.

I'd want him instead of Hawk.

slavko
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Dick:

Lorn lives in Las Crusas, New Mexico. Does studio voice over work on commericals and is the radio host for the weekly Reggie Thues Show. (NMSU basketball)

Still sounds good.

Lip

I liked Lorn as a broadcaster and as a wellspring of White Sox lore. Glad he is doing well. Thanks.

Chips
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM

I like this one (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13345)

:rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Foxification and Seligization of the game, I guess.

IMHO,Your guess is correct.:yup:

jamokes
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
We spent many a night in Milwaukee with Lorne drinking and then drinking some more!!