PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds to the Sox?

Whitesox4ever
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
according to globesports.com

Barry Bonds. He's 42 and is 22 home runs away from breaking Hank Aaron's career record of 734. His agent, Jeff Borris, has hinted it will take $14-million to sign him. Bonds could end up in the American League as a designated hitter. Keep an eye on the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.

chisoxmike
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM

Barry Bonds. He's 42 and is 22 home runs away from breaking Hank Aaron's career record of 734. His agent, Jeff Borris, has hinted it will take $14-million to sign him. Bonds could end up in the American League as a designated hitter. Keep an eye on the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! WE HAVE A DH.
:rolling:

chisoxmike
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Can we trade WhiteSox4Ever for a poster to be named later? :dunno:

The Immigrant
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Yikes, it's going to be a looong offseason.

soxfan13
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I cant wait!!!:rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM

Why? All he did was post something on globesports.com. However absurd the comment was, he didn't come up with it nor did he even comment on it.

Can we trade that web site for 'something' to be named later?

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
For the love of god Whitesox4ever!!! http://www.equipped.com/GRAPHICS/stop.GIF

You are becoming the laughing stock of the board with some of this garbage......at least you inspired me to put something in my sig :redneck

pmck003
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd poop my pants

Sox Fan 35
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
no way:rolleyes:

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Why? All he did was post something on globesports.com. However absurd the comment was, he didn't come up with it nor did he even comment on it.

Can we trade that web site for 'something' to be named later?
Just because you find something on a website, which is obviously very unrealisitc does not mean you are required to post it, and if you do, you should at least state your opinion on it( in this case we already know he's serious because of his brilliant trade ideas before, such as Adam Wainwright for Mark Buehrle)

Rocky Soprano
11-07-2006, 10:41 AM

I dont think his value is too high.

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Your 2007 White Sox if Whitesox4ever was GM

Dairen Erstad or Dave Roberts CF
Carl Crawford LF (acquired for Cotts and Broadway) or Miguel Cabrera (acquired for Bmac and Anderson) or Soriano
Jermaine Dye RF
Barry Bonds (Where this leaves Thome is beyond me) DH
Paul Konerko 1B
Alex Rodriguez (acquired for bmac, haeger, and crede) 3B
AJ Pierzynski C
Tadihito Iguchi 2B
Michael Young or Tejada or Julio Lugo SS

SP1. Contreares
SP2. Garland
SP3. Buehrle (unless of course he gets traded to the cards for Wainwright)
SP4. Garcia
SP5. Zito (another trade for bmac)

CL. Jenks
SU. Brad Lidge (acquired for Vazquez)
SU. Matt Thornton
SU. Mike McDougle
SU. Daisuke Matsuzaka (signed FA)
LR. Roberto Hernandez (signed FA)

Trust me, reading through all those old trade idea posts was difficult to do without laughing my ass off......i think there is about 4 i didn't include :?:

LuvSox
11-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Bonds is the new A-Rod. :rolleyes:

MisterB
11-07-2006, 11:29 AM
no . . . . . . No . . . .nonono
Nono . . . . No . . .no. . . . No
No . No. . . No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . No. . No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . . No. No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . . . Nono . . .no. . . . .no
No . . . . . . No . . . .nonono

TDog
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM

Because the White Sox are in need of a designated hitter?

jdm2662
11-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't you love the offseason?

Thomes Forearm
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't you love the offseason?

no

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Forgot to do this

:threadblows:

hi im skot
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM
for the love of god....

http://www.listentome.net/terminator4.gif

23Ventura
11-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I'd poop my pants
As would I.

salty99
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Now we know why they are selling commenorative bricks.

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I second that.

I would rather forfeit my tickets then have that ****ing ******* on the Sox or even near the stadium for that ****. **** him.

Hangar18
11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Just because you find something on a website, which is obviously very unrealisitc does not mean you are required to post it, and if you do, you should at least state your opinion on it

Why are we ripping on someone for simply posting a foolish comment on globesports? All you gotta say is NO Thanks. And for the record, are you for Bonds on the team Whitesox4ever?

MarySwiss
11-07-2006, 12:20 PM

Dairen Erstad or Dave Roberts CF
Carl Crawford LF (acquired for Cotts and Broadway) or Miguel Cabrera (acquired for Fingernails on a blackboard and Anderson) or Soriano
Jermaine Dye RF
Barry Bonds (Where this leaves Thome is beyond me) DH
Paul Konerko 1B
Alex Rodriguez (acquired for Fingernails on a blackboard, haeger, and crede) 3B
AJ Pierzynski C
Tadihito Iguchi 2B
Michael Young or Tejada or Julio Lugo SS

SP1. Contreares
SP2. Garland
SP4. Garcia
SP5. Zito (another trade for Fingernails on a blackboard)

CL. Jenks
SU. Brad Lidge (acquired for Vazquez)
SU. Matt Thornton
SU. Mike McDougle
SU. Daisuke Matsuzaka (signed FA)
LR. Roberto Hernandez (signed FA)

Trust me, reading through all those old trade idea posts was difficult to do without laughing my ass off......i think there is about 4 i didn't include :?:

Well, as long as Paulie and A.J. stay, so I can keep wearing my jerseys. :wink:

hi im skot
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Why are we ripping on someone for simply posting a foolish comment on globesports? All you gotta say is NO Thanks. And for the record, are you for Bonds on the team Whitesox4ever?

Have you seen what this guy has been posting?

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Have you seen what this guy has been posting?

:wink: Maybe we are all a rare breed.

cbotnyse
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
no . . . . . . No . . . .nonono
Nono . . . . No . . .no. . . . No
No . No. . . No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . No. . No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . . No. No . .no. . . . . . No
No . . . . Nono . . .no. . . . .no
No . . . . . . No . . . .nononothat had to take some time. I'll add no to Bonds too.

11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
We have one of the most powerful, respected, drug free, nicest DH in MLB....lets sit him for the most stubborn, injury prone, ignorant, cocky, club house cancer in baseball

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
If you would look through their post history, this isn't the only thing they posted thats out of this world. I realize this was not Whitesox4ever's idea, but their trade ideas such as Buehrle for adam wainwright and Carl Crawford for Cotts + Broadway are stupid and unrealistic as all hell respectively. Oh and the trade to basically deplete our pitching staff (the one thing we really need help with) by sending McCarthy, Haeger, and Joe Crede to the Yankees for A-rod (a giant hole at 3rd base and the exact opposite of joe crede's clutchness at the plate)

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
If you would look through their post history, this isn't the only thing they posted thats out of this world. I realize this was not Whitesox4ever's idea, but their trade ideas such as Buehrle for adam wainwright and Carl Crawford for Cotts + Broadway are stupid and unrealistic as all hell respectively. Oh and the trade to basically deplete our pitching staff (the one thing we really need help with) by sending McCarthy, Haeger, and Joe Crede to the Yankees for A-rod (a giant hole at 3rd base and the exact opposite of joe crede's clutchness at the plate)

Again we are on the same page. I can not wait for the BFF necklaces.

hi im skot
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Methinks that Whitesox4ever plays a lot of baseball on XBox.

"I'm trading Pablo Ozuna for Pujols, Rolen, and Eckstein!"

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
:rolling: :rolling: ahh jenn, you crack me up

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Im still on the hunt for the necklaces, but this will have to do until then
http://www.thecitizenguide.com/images/bff-bracelet.jpg

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Im still on the hunt for the necklaces, but this will have to do until then
http://www.thecitizenguide.com/images/bff-bracelet.jpg

:rolling: I can not wait. We should get matching shirts and go to Great America too.:bandance:

spiffie
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes.

However, that poster is in fact WhiteSoxJosh. And then it'll just be 1,000 ways to get Joe Randa.

White Sox Randy
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
The Sox have a new plan for an explosive team:

Bonds DH
Sheffield 1B
Jose Guillen RF
Milton Bradley CF
Jeff Kent 3B
A.J. C
Lugo SS
Ryan Freel 2B
Moises Alou LF

BENCH

Jose Canseco
Sammy Soso

DaleJRFan
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Yes.

However, that poster is in fact WhiteSoxJosh. And then it'll just be 1,000 ways to get Joe Randa.

Joe Randa retired, thank GOD! :o: :cool:

spiffie
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Joe Randa retired, thank GOD! :o: :cool:
<WhiteSoxJosh> Joe Randa for Manager!</WhiteSoxJosh>

fusillirob1983
11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
McCarthy, Jenks, Dye, and Thome for Bonds!

Baby Fisk
11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Let's see more trade / FA scenarios that are realistic and can be discussed rationally, not just sensationalist nonsense posted to stir ****. Come on, WSI! Step it up!

DumpJerry
11-07-2006, 02:29 PM

SP1. Contreares
SP2. Garland
SP4. Garcia
SP5. Zito (another trade for Fingernails on a blackboard)
FA's cannot be traded until June.

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
FA's cannot be traded until June.
Im just putting what i found in whitesox4ever's post history :smile:

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
:rolling: I can not wait. We should get matching shirts and go to Great America too.:bandance:
How's this for a t-shirt design Jenn :cool:
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9466/sox2023um9.jpg

Sorry i had to crop out your brother for it :redneck

chisoxmike
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM

Not only that, but he/she will never come back to the thread to answer all the "call outs' on the great idea for a trade or signing.

Baby Fisk
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Not only that, but he/she will never come back to the thread to answer all the "call outs' on the great idea for a trade or signing.
After you stir ****, you tend to leave it and run.

ajismyhero
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM

i thought I was your BFF!!! :whiner:

oeo
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM

If you actually look, trading B-Mac for Zito was posted in July...and it wasn't something he made up.

Honestly, if you don't like the guy very much (and you obviously don't; you've already pointed that out a million times), why would you waste time going through his post history to find who he wants on the 2007 Sox? Especially when you're just adding one (probably multiple ones, I'm not checking the validity of every one) for ****s and giggles.

It's ridiculous that some of you are shredding someone to pieces because he posted something on a website. Way to act your age.

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
How's this for a t-shirt design Jenn :cool:

Sorry i had to crop out your brother for it :redneck

I don't even know what to say. It is perfect! We are BFF made in heaven.

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 04:19 PM
i thought I was your BFF!!! :whiner:

Now Now....Dont fight over me. You are always going to my BFF :D: I made you dinner that means something

Jerko
11-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Whoa, look at the long arm on that guy. Goes all the way down his side, then all the way back up to Jenn's shoulder. **** all these trade rumors, I want HIM in the rotation next spring.....................:D:

Sox Insider
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Not going through the entire history for whitesox4ever so i'm not to sure what silly trades he/she came up with but I believe it was rumor that Mc Carthy and Crede would go to the Yankees for A Rod

Wainwright is going to be a pitching stud in the years to come where the AL might have caught up with Buehrle. If Buehrle wasn't hurt this past year than what was his problem. So maybe Wainwright and another player might not be to bad of trade if the Sox can't resign Buehrle.

The other day on Sox weekly Joe Cowley of the sun-times was talking about how the Devil Rays would want young pitching for Crawford and he did mention Cotts and Broadway as a few possibilities that might bring Crawford to the Sox.

I'm not saying I agree with him but it looks like he might have some good points.

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
It's ridiculous that some of you are shredding someone to pieces because he posted something on a website. Way to act your age.
Im definately not the only one. There are plenty of people who are also tired of hearing dumb trade ideas from them

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Not going through the entire history for whitesox4ever so i'm not to sure what silly trades he/she came up with but I believe it was rumor that Mc Carthy and Crede would go to the Yankees for A Rod

Wainwright is going to be a pitching stud in the years to come where the AL might have caught up with Buehrle. If Buehrle wasn't hurt this past year than what was his problem. So maybe Wainwright and another player might not be to bad of trade if the Sox can't resign Buehrle.

The other day on Sox weekly Joe Cowley of the sun-times was talking about how the Devil Rays would want young pitching for Crawford and he did mention Cotts and Broadway as a few possibilities that might bring Crawford to the Sox.

I'm not saying I agree with him but it looks like he might have some good points.
If you actually believe that the D-rays would give up Crawford for the duo of Cotts (who's stock is at an all time low) and Broadway (an unproven minor league player who hasn't even hit triple A yet) your nutty. As i said before, just because someone in some paper, or website somewhere said it, does not mean its postworthy. And if you deem "Barry Bonds to the Sox" worthy to post for its comedic value, at least state your position before you leave right before the storm hits

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Honestly, if you don't like the guy very much (and you obviously don't; you've already pointed that out a million times), why would you waste time going through his post history to find who he wants on the 2007 Sox? Especially when you're just adding one (probably multiple ones, I'm not checking the validity of every one) for ****s and giggles

I went through their post history because i wanted to see what other crazy ideas they have come up with. I don't think i ask for too much when i'd just like some intelligent trade ideas or FA signing ideas. I'll admit, i didn't bother looking at dates, so yes the zito one was my fault. Is that the one that you refer to that i "added for ****s and giggles" If not then im not sure what you mean, but im just tired of all the dumb ideas such as signing Barry Bonds to play. And as i said before, the poster may not be for it, but at least state your position on it before you hop along

sox102
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
If you actually look, trading Fingernails on a blackboard for Zito was posted in July...and it wasn't something he made up.

Honestly, if you don't like the guy very much (and you obviously don't; you've already pointed that out a million times), why would you waste time going through his post history to find who he wants on the 2007 Sox? Especially when you're just adding one (probably multiple ones, I'm not checking the validity of every one) for ****s and giggles.

Wait a minute! People are allowed to have their own opinion??!! Not on this website!!!

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Whoa, look at the long arm on that guy. Goes all the way down his side, then all the way back up to Jenn's shoulder. **** all these trade rumors, I want HIM in the rotation next spring.....................:D:
Yes, i have the physique of Brandon McCarthy. Unfortunately instead of a low to mid 90's fastball it hits somewhere in the 60's. I could be a combination of Shingo and Brandon!! :redneck

Sox Insider
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
If you actually believe that the D-rays would give up Crawford for the duo of Cotts (who's stock is at an all time low) and Broadway (an unproven minor league player who hasn't even hit triple A yet) your nutty. As i said before, just because someone in some paper, or website somewhere said it, does not mean its postworthy. And if you deem "Barry Bonds to the Sox" worthy to post for its comedic value, at least state your position before you leave right before the storm hits

Did I say that I agree with his post about Cotts & Broadway to the Rays for Crawford.

I have seen all-stars traded for alot less than lets say that Crawford proposal.. If a website or newspaper mentions the Sox in a trade or signing rumor no matter how ridicolus it might sounds. It's a story

If you find this guy post to be silly than why don't you just put him on ignore or don't read his post.

soxinem1
11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.pmorgan.ukgateway.net/Pictures/psycho/janetleigh.jpg

GO AWAY BARRY!!

Chips
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM

Did you update your sig?

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Im bowing out of this one. Its starting to get ugly :?:

Sox Insider
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM

You say Cotts trade value is at all time low after one bad season but you say Buehrle for Wainwright is another silly trade thought

Shouldn't Buehrle trade value be at an all-time low as well. If you read about what scouts say about Wainwright and his possible future it looks awfully dam nice.

SABRSox
11-07-2006, 05:31 PM
bHXQt-76oeE

areilly
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
You say Cotts trade value is at all time low after one bad season but you say Buehrle for Wainwright is another silly trade thought

Shouldn't Buehrle trade value be at an all-time low as well. If you read about what scouts say about Wainwright and his possible future it looks awfully dam nice.

Cotts is at an all-time low because he tanked the entire 2006 season, which followed his finest year to date, which in turn followed one rough year, which in turn followed a very rough first year out of the minors.

Buerhle is not because he's coming off one shaky year which was preceded by four stellar years and a not-too-shabby rookie year.

I don't care what scouts say about anyone. Scouts said Joe Borchard was the best left-handed power hitter since Mickey Mantle and that Albert Pujols was a six-year minor-leaguer. Wainwright's abilities are unproven, as is Buerhle's complete failure. A trade of the two would be foolish for both teams involved.

jenn2080
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Im bowing out of this one. Its starting to get ugly :?:

No one is going to mess with my BFF and get away with it.:D:

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM

Wainwright is an unproven rookie up to this point. So he had a good few months. You need to see minimum of a full year pitched before the jury comes in on something like that. Buehrle has been one of the most consistent starters in the past 5 years and has only had an ERA higher than 4.10 twice in his 6 years in the majors. Cotts is a reliever with a career ERA of 4.52 who's era spiked a full 3 runs between 05 and 06 and has only posted an ERA below 5 once in his his career between 03 and now.

Buehrle for an unproven (although possibly future star) Wainwright, just because Buehrle had 1 bad year in the last 5 is a very harsh reaction. However Cotts has not pr oven himself to the degree that Buehrle has so has much less of a trade value, especially for a pr oven star such as Crawford. Understand what I'm getting at?

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
No one is going to mess with my BFF and get away with it.:D:
Awww jenn, you stickin up for me?? :redface: I don't care about the debates, i just don't want the thread to get roadhoused, or bans to be handed out

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Cotts is at an all-time low because he tanked the entire 2006 season, which followed his finest year to date, which in turn followed one rough year, which in turn followed a very rough first year out of the minors.

Buerhle is not because he's coming off one shaky year which was preceded by four stellar years and a not-too-shabby rookie year.

I don't care what scouts say about anyone. Scouts said Joe Borchard was the best left-handed power hitter since Mickey Mantle and that Albert Pujols was a six-year minor-leaguer. Wainwright's abilities are unproven, as is Buerhle's complete failure. A trade of the two would be foolish for both teams involved.
You beat me to it. Took the words right out of my mouth

DaveIsHere
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
You beat me to it. Took the words right out of my mouth

I agree. That is why the games are played on the field and not on paper.

thomas35forever
11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Please do this site a favor and move this **** to the Roadhouse.

chisoxmike
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Did you update your sig?

Yes, it's 12 now.

Soxfest
11-07-2006, 11:27 PM
No Chance in Hell:angry:

Jurr
11-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Barry Bonds on the Sox roster. Well, we did sign Canseco. I think Barry's old legs would be absolutely perfect in left field. We could get away from the Earl Weaver ball and manufacture runs again! The other great thing is the interchangeability(is this a word?) that Bonds would offer with Konerko and Thome. One could play first, one could DH, while the other plays left. Konerko was a third baseman who also hit an inside the park homer against Tampa. He has proven that he has the wheels to play the left side of the outfield.

Onnnnnn to the parking lot. These threads depress me.

jenn2080
11-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Yes, it's 12 now.

:rolling: :rolling: This sig is great.

Where is Thome25?

buehrle4cy05
11-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Let's see more trade / FA scenarios that are realistic and can be discussed rationally, not just sensationalist nonsense posted to stir ****. Come on, WSI! Step it up!

Ichiro for Thornton. The Mariners realized the mistake they made and now will do anything to get him back.

CLR01
11-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Did I say that I agree with his post about Cotts & Broadway to the Rays for Crawford.

You wrote it. I'll take that as a yes. :dunno:

wdelaney72
11-13-2006, 12:29 PM
The Sox have a new plan for an explosive team:

Bonds DH
Sheffield 1B
Jose Guillen RF
Milton Bradley CF
Jeff Kent 3B
A.J. C
Lugo SS
Ryan Freel 2B
Moises Alou LF

BENCH

Jose Canseco
Sammy Soso

Kent and Barroid on the same team again? ... reunited and it feels so good.