PDA

View Full Version : organizational meetings

julio-cruz
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Apparently Ken Williams, Ozzie Guillen and various front office people concluded their annual organizational meeting yesterday. You have to wonder what the three-year "planning board" looks like at this point? Possible trades, their repercussions and where certain prospects (Sweeney, Fields, Broadway) and former prospects (Tracey, Anderson) truly sit. Also, addressing the lethargic line-up we have:without losing it's punch?
To be a fly on the wall during this meeting!......drooling like Homer Simpson........

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
I have a feeling Anderson is gone this offseason. Plus Sweeney / Owens looked fairly decent in their brief callups. I remember reading the Marlins were interested in Anderson. Maybe he'd go for some prospects and then inturn, we trade them for what we need.

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I have a feeling Anderson is gone this offseason. Plus Sweeney / Owens looked fairly decent in their brief callups. I remember reading the Marlins were interested in Anderson. Maybe he'd go for some prospects and then inturn, we trade them for what we need.
No way!!!

LongLiveFisk
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a feeling Anderson is gone this offseason.

I don't think so. If he is, they sure didn't give him enough time to gel.

Lip Man 1
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I've put in a call to Roland Hemond. I hope he'll get back with me and give me some overall general impressions of the meetings. If he allows me to I'll be happy to post some details here at WSI.

Lip

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-07-2006, 09:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like BA, but it seems like he isn't favored by Ozzie anymore.

Brian26
11-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Apparently Ken Williams, Ozzie Guillen and various front office people concluded their annual organizational meeting yesterday.

KW always hints at Soxfest that Harrelson is involved in these meetings. I wonder how true that really is.

sox647
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I've put in a call to Roland Hemond. I hope he'll get back with me and give me some overall general impressions of the meetings. If he allows me to I'll be happy to post some details here at WSI.

Lip

cool

WizardsofOzzie
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like BA, but it seems like he isn't favored by Ozzie anymore.
Maybe but they are going to have to sign someone to replace him if they do because Rob sure isn't the answer :puking:

areilly
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM

A year wasn't enough?

veeter
11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
A year wasn't enough?You're not serious are you? Many guys need two or three years to develop. A year's time is no way a fair assessment.

HebrewHammer
11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I would trade just about anything for a look at that board. I can't wait to see "The Plan" is going to play out.

julio-cruz
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Lip Man 1....anything from Roland Hemmond yet? To me this is the most interesting aspect of baseball: the GM's are akin to chess players or generals. Hopefully, the White Sox are gearing towards the team that Ozzie Guillen first envisioned when he agreed to take the job-- an equillibrium of speed and power; along with the pitching to back it up. This off season should be a brain-teaser!:?:

ChiFabulous1
11-08-2006, 12:31 PM
A year wasn't enough?
No. It took Crede a couple of years to develop.

ewokpelts
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
KW always hints at Soxfest that Harrelson is involved in these meetings. I wonder how true that really is.why would KW lie about that? and if hawk is indeed involved, his opinion is just that..an opinion....the last time the sox trusted his advice, roland hemond and larussa lost thier jobs, with tony going off and winning a WS 3 years later

Ol' No. 2
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
You're not serious are you? Many guys need two or three years to develop. A year's time is no way a fair assessment.I doubt he'd be shipped out just based on the fact he hit .225 in his first year. But other factors could be at work, here. If, for example (and I don't know if this is true - it's just an example) he was resistant to coaching or didn't take batting practices seriously or something like that, then that might be enough to get a player a one-way ticket, even after only one year.

Ozzie seemed less than thrilled with him, and I doubt it's just because he didn't hit. There seemed to be something going on behind the scenes.

Lip Man 1
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Julio:

I haven't heard back from Roland and with the passing of Johnny Sain yesterday may not for awhile.

Lip