PDA

View Full Version : Possible a few players for the Sox

Sox Insider
11-05-2006, 09:34 AM
According to Peter Gammons who was on XM radio last night. Mentioned that Kenny Williams is talking to the Blue Jays about Vernon Wells.

Gammons also said that the Jays would want young pitching and OF in return.

Gammons reported another Sox rumor that Kenny is very interested in signing
Eric Gagne.

spiffie
11-05-2006, 11:02 AM
According to Peter Gammons who was on XM radio last night. Mentioned that Kenny Williams is talking to the Blue Jays about Vernon Wells.

Eric Gagne.
Judging by your user name I assume you are well acquainted with the baggage claim areas of all major airports and have many cousins?

11-05-2006, 11:06 AM

Eric Gagne.

I thought they might wsant Gagne, but his price will be hefty and his better days are behind him, and his better health too.

Domeshot17
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I thought the dodgers signed him to a massive extension?

DiGiSyKo
11-05-2006, 11:43 AM

2007 option was DECLINED by LAD on 11/3/06 and was instead paid $1M buyout.
Agent: Scott Boras

http://www.mlb4u.com/profile.php?id=463

Sox Insider
11-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Judging by your user name I assume you are well acquainted with the baggage claim areas of all major airports and have many cousins?

I decided on my user name because I have been working for the White Sox for the last 8 years

SABRSox
11-05-2006, 12:25 PM

They found a more reliable and much cheaper closer in Saito.

If they can sign Gagne to an incentive laden deal (yeah right with Bora$$) then I'd love to see that crazy Canuck on the South Side.

Sox Insider
11-05-2006, 12:37 PM
They found a more reliable and much cheaper closer in Saito.

If they can sign Gagne to an incentive laden deal (yeah right with Bora$$) then I'd love to see that crazy Canuck on the South Side.

Saito might be heading back to Japan.

SABRSox
11-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Saito might be heading back to Japan.

:rolling: Yeah right. The Dodgers will sign him.

chaotic8512
11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
:rolling: Yeah right. The Dodgers will sign him.

Before you jump all over him, I read the same thing:

A couple of links on his situation... mostly dealing with wanting to be with his family:
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061028&content_id=1726525&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la
http://www.rafu.com/dogers.html

KyWhiSoxFan
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM

Eric Gagne.

On ESPN radio last week, Gammons said Wells will want $15-million per year, and Toronto can't afford that, which is why they'll try to trade him. I don't see how that number could possibly fit into the Sox budget unless we gave them in return someone like Garcia and another big salary. When you say young pitching, however, that means cheap, which Garcia is not.

gr8mexico
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
What would it cost the Sox to sign a player like Eric Gagne. Sign him for 2 years gauranteed money and if he becomes good trade him in '08. The White Sox should really consider Eric Gagne and Keith Foulke. The sox could sign both for about 3.5 mil each.

lakeviewsoxfan
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
What would it cost the Sox to sign a player like Eric Gagne. Sign him for 2 years gauranteed money and if he becomes good trade him in '08. The White Sox should really consider Eric Gagne and Keith Foulke. The sox could sign both for about 3.5 mil each.

No Thank You.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Gagne in a Sox uni. He'd definitly add to that "nasty bullpen" Guillen wants. If we trade Garcia / Vazquez we'd have the money to do it.

INSox56
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I decided on my user name because I have been working for the White Sox for the last 8 years

LOL well that extinguished that flame pretty quickly

guillen4life13
11-07-2006, 08:36 PM

I'd be really interested in Gagne, especially if the Sox can get some encouraging medical reports.

Foulke could be a gamble. He has had two mediocre/bad years in a row and some injury issues. If the Sox can get some good medical reports on him, then maybe an incentive laden deal would be good. He's a 34 year old reliever coming off of two down years. I really think that the Sox could do a lot better than 3.5 million on Keith Foulke. I liked Foulke a lot and had the privilege of meeting him and getting his autograph. Seemed like a nice guy, though that day some guy started mouthing off to him trying to pick a fight because he missed his kid for an autograph. Ended up having to get security to get the guy out, but still gave the kid an autograph.

I want Mags back
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Eric Gagne.
thats funny, cause last week i heard the hawks were close to getting his brother, but ti havent hard nothin since

fquaye149
11-08-2006, 12:16 AM
thats funny, cause last week i heard the hawks were close to getting his brother, but ti havent hard nothin since

I believe Simon Gagne is Eric's COUSIN...unless you're talking about a different Gagne?