PDA

View Full Version : ...and I Thought Wsi Was Going Nuts!

NardiWasHere
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
One of my roomates is a cub fan. He just told me that on this particular board they apparently have a thread where people are saying "Pie+Murton" is too much to give up for Dontrelle Willis.

Oh yeah and another thread is how late inning defensive replacements are "illogical"

Next time I hear "AROD wouldn't fit on the Sox" or a bad trade idea here, I won't be as pissed off.

Sometimes it feels nice to take comfort in Cub Fans' stupidity.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
About that Murton thing: They might not be all that stupid. I bet that Murton kid is going to mature into a decent player.

23Ventura
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
One of my roomates is a cub fan. He just told me that on this particular board they apparently have a thread where people are saying "Pie+Murton" is too much to give up for Dontrelle Willis.
That's a stupid thing even for a Cub fan to say.

fquaye149
11-02-2006, 06:23 PM
About that Murton thing: They might not be all that stupid. I bet that Murton kid is going to mature into a decent player.

you're right. that's precisely why they ARE stupid. If you can give up someone who might mature into a pretty good outfielder for someone who is already a pretty good starting pitcher, and you DON'T WANT TO DO IT, that's a stupid decision.

cbotnyse
11-02-2006, 06:50 PM
who is Pie-Murton?:?:

PKalltheway
11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Felix Pie and Matt Murton if I'm not mistaken.

WizardsofOzzie
11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
The closest thing the Cubs have to Thomnerko :D:

thomas35forever
11-03-2006, 02:03 AM
The closest thing the Cubs have to Thomnerko :D:
We'll have to settle for Thomnerko now that the tarp-sliding duo of BuehrLEE has broken up.

Hangar18
11-03-2006, 11:58 AM
The Marlins are a dumb organization (yes, they won 2 WS trophies)
I can see them giving Willis away. Lets not kid ourselves, if the Cubs had thought for a New York Minute, that Willis was good, they would NEVER have included him in that trade. Willis was a throw-in. The Marlins were the only ones who knew he might pan out.

Ol' No. 2
11-03-2006, 12:18 PM
I see Flubsession is making a comeback.:(:

Craig Grebeck
11-03-2006, 04:09 PM
The Marlins are a dumb organization (yes, they won 2 WS trophies)
I can see them giving Willis away. Lets not kid ourselves, if the Cubs had thought for a New York Minute, that Willis was good, they would NEVER have included him in that trade. Willis was a throw-in. The Marlins were the only ones who knew he might pan out.
Good to see Hangar still knows next to nothing about baseball.

Marlins a dumb organization? They'll get their third WS pretty soon.

munchman33
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM

We can't help it. It's all the sportstalk radio stations wanna talk about.

WizardsofOzzie
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Beats the hell out of any of the trade/sign FA threads that Whitesox4ever started :?:

DumpJerry
11-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Beats the hell out of any of the trade/sign FA threads that Whitesox4ever started :?:
:thumbsup: