PDA

View Full Version : Representing

White_Sock
11-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I solo bartented for halloween yesterday and last night. Yep you guessed it; I wore a sox jersey, baseball pants, black socks, and a Sox cap. The best part is that i played the SOX PRIDE DVD on a loop on our main T.V. all night long! It was a big hit. I got a lot of people that once lived in Chicago or that were visiting from Chicago came up to get a drink and talk SOX. One of the best nights bartending ever! One guy watched the whole DVD twice. The most amizing part about that? I live in San Jose, CA. I'd also like to think that I repelled Cub fans. A few people walked up to the bar only to look at my outfit and sit somewhere else. :rolleyes: Good riddance!

RadioheadRocks
11-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I solo bartented for halloween yesterday and last night. Yep you guessed it; I wore a sox jersey, baseball pants, black socks, and a Sox cap. The best part is that i played the SOX PRIDE DVD on a loop on our main T.V. all night long! It was a big hit. I got a lot of people that once lived in Chicago or that were visiting from Chicago came up to get a drink and talk SOX. One of the best nights bartending ever! One guy watched the whole DVD twice. The most amizing part about that? I live in San Jose, CA. I'd also like to think that I repelled Cub fans. A few people walked up to the bar only to look at my outfit and sit somewhere else. :rolleyes: Good riddance!

Cool! Sounds like your plans turned into a fun evening for your customers. :D:

Myrtle72
11-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Sounds like fun!

I live in Virginia and whenever I wear something obviously White Sox on campus I always get people coming up to me talking about Sox stuff. Although, sometimes it is just to say things like, "Wow, sorry they couldn't play in October this year! No one expected that!"

It's still fun though. I like being the minority.

Jurr
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Sounds like fun!

I live in Virginia and whenever I wear something obviously White Sox on campus I always get people coming up to me talking about Sox stuff. Although, sometimes it is just to say things like, "Wow, sorry they couldn't play in October this year! No one expected that!"

It's still fun though. I like being the minority.
I know what you mean. Memphis is the AAA home of St. Louis. We get Cards fans and Cubs fans everywhere. The cards fans love rooting for the Sox, because it pisses off Cubs fans......man, it's gotta be tough to be a North sider right now. Sox, then Cards? Jeez.

Could you imagine if we didn't win the WS and the Cubs and Twins won in back to back years? And our team was getting worse by the minute? Oh, the agony!

EastCoastSoxFan
11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
It's still fun though. I like being the minority.For most of the Bulls' titles of the 1990's and the Sox title in 2005 I have pretty much cheered alone.
But it is always fun to encounter fellow Chicago fans in opposing stadiums...

GoSox2K3
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I know what you mean. Memphis is the AAA home of St. Louis. We get Cards fans and Cubs fans everywhere. The cards fans love rooting for the Sox, because it pisses off Cubs fans......man, it's gotta be tough to be a North sider right now. Sox, then Cards? Jeez.

Could you imagine if we didn't win the WS and the Cubs and Twins won in back to back years? And our team was getting worse by the minute? Oh, the agony!

I'm stealing this link from another thread. Uh, yeah, they're a little unhappy. :rolling:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=36299

southside rocks
11-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm stealing this link from another thread. Uh, yeah, they're a little unhappy. :rolling:

Ugh. Why is there a link to a Cubs fan board in the Sox Clubhouse forum? :?:

White_Sock
11-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Southside Rocks
Ugh. Why is there a link to a Cubs fan board in the Sox Clubhouse forum? :?:

Call it reveling in the moral defeat of our enemies in the great market share war of Chicago; or call it laughing at a bunch of whiny Cub fans. It's almost as funny as the Bosox boards when TonyG booted that ball in the 2005 ALDS to ultimately lose the game. :redneck