PDA

View Full Version : Part time MLB Jobs

Pilgrim
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Here's a link to jobs in MLB, well the same job at all parks (including White Sox)
http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=10-YXrqI9NOnprSHIEPflJCL35Hqpxkc3FR

Part time but what an experience.

chisoxmike
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Great, more competition.

MarySwiss
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Great, more competition.
My resume went this morning, Mike. However, since I'm in Arizona, you'll probably be fine. :cool:

BigPapaPump
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I'd hate having to work every ball game. I'd probably get fired for trying to flag down the beer or hot dog guy.

soxchick20
11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I applied for some of them. I don't mind working every game, I'm going to try to be at most of them anyways. It'd be sweet to get paid for it.

chisoxmike
11-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I applied for some of them. I don't mind working every game, I'm going to try to be at most of them anyways. It'd be sweet to get paid for it.

Did you get a e-mail from monster.com or mlb.com saying that they got your resume?

soxchick20
11-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Did you get a e-mail from monster.com or mlb.com saying that they got your resume?

No, I didn't hear anything from them. Did you? I applied a couple of days ago so I'm not sure how long it would take for them to respond back. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

chisoxmike
11-02-2006, 05:38 PM
No, I didn't hear anything from them. Did you? I applied a couple of days ago so I'm not sure how long it would take for them to respond back. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Yeah, I highly doubt they even hire anybody that applies. They must get hundreds of resumes from people that don't even qualify for the positions.

soxchick20
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I highly doubt they even hire anybody that applies. They must get hundreds of resumes from people that don't even qualify for the positions.

True. They don't even really give any major requirements in order for you to apply. It's basically get there on time, understand computers, and like baseball. There's tons of people with those characteristics. I'll bet more than half the applications are in the trash before even getting looked at. Unfortunately, mine's probably in that bunch too. :mad: :(:

MarySwiss
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM

True. They don't even really give any major requirements in order for you to apply. It's basically get there on time, understand computers, and like baseball. There's tons of people with those characteristics. I'll bet more than half the applications are in the trash before even getting looked at. Unfortunately, mine's probably in that bunch too. :mad: :(:

I think it probably depends. If you guys are looking for a fulltime paid position, those figure to be a lot tougher to come by than a freelance sports reporter gig would be. Obviously, they need freelancers to keep their site going, so I'm betting that they will contact people if they think those writers can contribute on an independent contractor basis.

soxchick20
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I think it probably depends. If you guys are looking for a fulltime paid position, those figure to be a lot tougher to come by than a freelance sports reporter gig would be. Obviously, they need freelancers to keep their site going, so I'm betting that they will contact people if they think those writers can contribute on an independent contractor basis.

I wish I could do the sports reporter thing, but you gotta have a degree and I'm still in college. I applied for stats stringer. Not sure about the pay or anything. I'm sure tons of people applied for stats stringer though. It doesn't require traveling or any of that, unlike sports reporters.

FedEx227
11-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I wish I could do the sports reporter thing, but you gotta have a degree and I'm still in college. I applied for stats stringer. Not sure about the pay or anything. I'm sure tons of people applied for stats stringer though. It doesn't require traveling or any of that, unlike sports reporters.

Same here. I'd love to do the sports reporting, as I already freelance with suburban newspapers. I'll wait the four years and give it a shot, thats like the dream of a lifetime.

buehrle4cy05
11-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Same here. I'd love to do the sports reporting, as I already freelance with suburban newspapers. I'll wait the four years and give it a shot, thats like the dream of a lifetime.

Man, I'd apply for those in a heartbeat if I wasn't 17.