PDA

View Full Version : Calling Sox Army!!

sox230
11-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Vote for Hawk (and DJ, Farmer and Singleton if ya want) for the Ford Fricke award for the best broadcaster!!!! (on mlb.com) Also, note that they list Singleton as Ken Singleton and not Chris.

jamokes
11-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Ken Singleton is also a former player who announces for the Yes Network and the Yankees.

kevingrt
11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Why didn't they have this last year? Looney and Farmio would have taken this award easily. They took the USA Today Award for best broadcasting team in baseball last year, this would have been a cinch.

goofymsfan
11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Why didn't they have this last year? Looney and Farmio would have taken this award easily. They took the USA Today Award for best broadcasting team in baseball last year, this would have been a cinch.

Um, they did have this last year.

LuvSox
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I can not,with good conscience, vote for Hawk Harrelson to get any award.

Lip Man 1
11-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I voted for Hawk, Rooney and my friend Denny Trease (Royals TV 12 years)

Lip

vegyrex
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Hawk got my vote!! :smile:

A. Cavatica
11-01-2006, 09:26 PM

Agreed. No matter who he works for, Hawk is a terrible broadcaster.

bludupree
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Agreed. No matter who he works for, Hawk is a terrible broadcaster.

Based on what? Him not sounding the same as everyone on Fox or ESPN?

soltrain21
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Based on what? Him not sounding the same as everyone on Fox or ESPN?

oh jeez.

bludupree
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
oh jeez.

There are about a million hawk-bashing threads and I have never seen a legitimate reason for them. People don't like his sayings and/or opinions, but that is just an opinion. He knows more about baseball than 99% of the people on this site, no matter what they claim. And he is no doubt better than having some carbon copy announcer. If you want to stop hearing a defense, then stop bashing. If you don't want to vote for him then don't.

Law11
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM

I'm with ya.
If he can ever braodcast a game when things are going bad without his little
"where was that pitch" comments it'd be a first.
If I have to hear him answer the same damn email on why he calls the Red Sox carmines I'll be sick.

soltrain21
11-02-2006, 01:18 PM
There are about a million hawk-bashing threads and I have never seen a legitimate reason for them. People don't like his sayings and/or opinions, but that is just an opinion. He knows more about baseball than 99% of the people on this site, no matter what they claim. And he is no doubt better than having some carbon copy announcer. If you want to stop hearing a defense, then stop bashing. If you don't want to vote for him then don't.

Name dropping does not mean you know more about baseball. I enjoy listening to him for the most part. But he is by no means a good announcer.

bludupree
11-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Name dropping does not mean you know more about baseball. I enjoy listening to him for the most part. But he is by no means a good announcer.

What about playing it professionally and then watching 162 games a year for 30 years? Does that count for anything?