PDA

View Full Version : JD wins award...

Domeshot17
10-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Not really worth anything but ESPN had some pepsi clutch position awards. JD won must clutch RF. Not sure if anyone else got nominated

DaleJRFan
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
saw the show... was a cool show actually. AJ, Iguchi and Dye were nominated for their positions. Of course, they slobbered and drooled all over JeterJeterPumpkinEater and David Ortiz.

EDIT: I was watching Channel 11 (a friend of mine is running for office and was on Chicago Tonight) so I missed the segment on third basemen. Did Crede get a mention? They had LOTS of shots and highlights of Crede... so I assumed they nominated him.

goon
11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
saw the show... was a cool show actually. AJ, Iguchi and Dye were nominated for their positions. Of course, they slobbered and drooled all over JeterJeterPumpkinEater and David Ortiz.

EDIT: I was watching Channel 11 (a friend of mine is running for office and was on Chicago Tonight) so I missed the segment on third basemen. Did Crede get a mention? They had LOTS of shots and highlights of Crede... so I assumed they nominated him.

thought it was funny when they were showing the candidates for SS and they displayed that michael young hit something like .420 with RISP, jeter hit .380, yet jeter somehow wins the award.... makes sense i guess.

getonbckthr
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
thought it was funny when they were showing the candidates for SS and they displayed that michael young hit something like .420 with RISP, jeter hit .380, yet jeter somehow wins the award.... makes sense i guess.
Umm does Young add a fancy yet unneccesary little 180 degree hop, skip and jump to his throws......... I think not.

FedEx227
11-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Umm does Young add a fancy yet unneccesary little 180 degree hop, skip and jump to his throws......... I think not.

Yeah until Michael Young gets late read on grounds and is forced to outstrech himself run and throw at the same time he'll never be as good as Jeter. Plus do you blame Jeter, he had to put up with that awful A-Rod all season.

ewokpelts
11-01-2006, 06:04 AM
isnt michael young a 2nd baseman?

veeter
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Crede not even nominated.

skottyj242
11-01-2006, 09:16 AM
It was based on fan voting. It came to me in an e-mail from mlb.com.

goon
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
isnt michael young a 2nd baseman?

no. ian kinsler is the rangers 2B.

kevingrt
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Did anyone watch the Kruk awards last night on ESPN? I thought they were pretty funny and cool. I always thought Kruk was a good guy. He's one of those guys I would love to have dinner with not just to see how much he can eat but some of the stories he has from baseball.

DaleJRFan
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
no. ian kinsler is the rangers 2B.

That doesn't mean he isn't a 2B. When the Rangers traded ARod for Soriano, they moved Young from second base to SS. He is a much better defensive 2B than he is a SS.

23Ventura
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Crede not even nominated.
Wow. Who was?

goon
11-01-2006, 03:24 PM
That doesn't mean he isn't a 2B. When the Rangers traded ARod for Soriano, they moved Young from second base to SS. He is a much better defensive 2B than he is a SS.

give me a break, you know what i meant.

tadahito iguchi is a 2nd Baseman. NO HE'S NOT! HE PLAYED SS IN JAPAN!

DaleJRFan
11-01-2006, 03:29 PM
give me a break, you know what i meant.

tadahito iguchi is a 2nd Baseman. NO HE'S NOT! HE PLAYED SS IN JAPAN!

Iguchi sustained a significant shoulder injury and after recovery was unable to play SS because he didn't have the shoulder strength tho make the throws from SS.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. Michael Young is a natural 2B but is a great athlete and defender. When the Rangers needed him to play SS he was able to do so and has been successful playing there.. that's all I'm saying.

goon
11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Iguchi sustained a significant shoulder injury and after recovery was unable to play SS because he didn't have the shoulder strength tho make the throws from SS.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. Michael Young is a natural 2B but is a great athlete and defender. When the Rangers needed him to play SS he was able to do so and has been successful playing there.. that's all I'm saying.

yikes. my point was that someone asked if michael young was a 2nd baseman, i said he plays SS, ian kinsler is the 2B for the rangers. i didn't think i needed to chronicle the history of michael young's defensive career, nor did i say that he never played 2B... that's what i was alluding to with the iguchi comment. lots of players switch positions, would you say paul konerko isn't a first baseman because he was originally brought up as a catcher? or that soriano isn't a leftfielder because he played 2B before that? probably not. if somebody asks me who plays 2B for the rangers, i wouldn't say "michael young used to" i would say ian kinsler. didn't mean to start anything.

sox647
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Wow. Who was?

i think it was wright, chavez & somebody else. wright got it.

23Ventura
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
i think it was wright, chavez & somebody else. wright got it.
Wright's a good player, but what has he ever done that was particularly clutch? I guess it makes sense that he would win since he plays in New York and the fans voted for this, but Crede is more clutch.