PDA

View Full Version : Sox Season Ticket Holder Survey

clogoodie
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I was just sent an email from the Sox with a link to a Season Ticket Holder Survey (I'm just a Ozzie Plan holder...but apparently this email was randomly selection) that I promptly filled out. There were a few interesting proposals they included that I thought I'd share.

The Chicago White Sox are committed to recognizing and rewarding dedicated Season Ticket Holders for their years of dedication and continued support of our players and our organization. As part of this initiative, we are considering implementing a program where you can receive exclusive gifts that are only available to Season Ticket Holders who reach certain milestones. These anniversary gifts include:

5-Year: Exclusive Chicago White Sox Lapel Pin
10-Year: A placard with your name placed on your seats at the ballpark
25-Year: Your name listed on the new “Wall of Fame” outside Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field You will also receive a personal phone call during your anniversary years from key members of the Chicago White Sox organization. And, during your anniversary years, you will be invited to a Season Ticket Holder special event gathering and party where former players will be in attendance and you can personally interact with these legendary players.
These changes will add approximately $5 per game per seat to your current Season Ticket package.
Example Additional Cost:

$260.00 additional for 13-game ticket holders with 4 seats
$540.00 additional for 27-game ticket holders with 4 seats
$1620.00 additional for 81-game ticket holders with 4 seats
The Chicago White Sox are committed to enhancing the overall experience of attending games by reducing the amount of on-field action you might miss when spending time in lines inside the ballpark at concession stands, at the merchandise shops or at the restrooms. Specifically, the White Sox is considering implementing the following changes at U.S. Cellular Field:
Concession Stands:
In order to speed up the ordering process at the food concession stands, you can now place your order from an attendant walking through the line with a mobile device… and you can pay for your order with a credit card as well. By the time you reach the front of the line, your order should be ready for pick up. In addition, there will be separate lines for ordering food and paying for food, which will increase the speed of service.
Televisions:
To keep you current on all game activities while you are in line, the White Sox will be adding televisions at all concession outlets as well as outside all of the restrooms. In addition, we will be improving the placement of the current television to enhance the viewing when standing in line.
Menus:
All the menu boards will be upgraded so they are easier to read, as well as more visible when standing in line. This will assist people in decision making earlier and speed up ordering to speed up the lines.
These changes will add approximately $2 per game per seat to your current Season Ticket package.
Example Additional Cost:

$105.00 additional for 13-game ticket holders with 4 seats
$215.00 additional for 27-game ticket holders with 4 seats
$650.00 additional for 81-game ticket holders with 4 seats

Sad
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
filled my survey out over lunchtime...

thegooch
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
i filled mine out too. thought there were some interesting ideas. Not sure Im willing to fork over more bread for them though. At least they care enough to try new things.

itsnotrequired
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
No survey for me...yet.

I would vote "yea" for the concession enhancements. I would vote "nay" to the dedication enhancements. $5 extra per seat PER GAME for these "perks"? Pass. I have better things to do with $800.

Over 5 years, I would spend an additional $4k for a couple of pins? I'd rather buy a beater car and shoot it up with a gun.

Scottiehaswheels
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
No survey for me...yet.

I would vote "yea" for the concession enhancements. I would vote "nay" to the dedication enhancements. $5 extra per seat PER GAME for these "perks"? Pass. I have better things to do with $800.

Over 5 years, I would spend an additional $4k for a couple of pins? I'd rather buy a beater car and shoot it up with a gun.
I was thinking the same thing.. if you got 4 seats for 25 years thats 40k extra for a plaque and meet and greet with Ron Kittle 25 times... eh me thinks not worth 40k

SouthSide_HitMen
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM

Demolition Derby is the way to go. :cool:

I agree. It is nice to recognize ST holders but I wouldn't want to pay anything more than a nominal amount (say $20 / year) for a nominal token (pins, off day gathering).

I'll pass on paying for "better menus". They should pass the cost of this onto purchasers of food items.

CLR01
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
So for:

$1,300-$8,100 you get a lapel pin, a phone call and a party.

$2,600-$16,200 you get a $2 dollar piece of metal screwed to your seats and another party + 5 year

$6,500-$40,500 you get your name written(engraved?) on a wall outside the stadium+another party +5 year and 10 year

Did they come up with these "incentives" at the end of the season employee party while they were all ****faced or was the survey in teal?

itsnotrequired
10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I'll pass on paying for "better menus". They should pass the cost of this onto purchasers of food items.

In hindsight, these prices seem bogus as well. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to clean up the concession scene but I agree, most of those costs should be paid by those buying the food.

ewokpelts
10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
the concession idea is good, but why shold i pay more so that some schlub who bought tickets on stubhub can order his ring dings faster?

Crede_Fan
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I got the survey but mine did not have the concession section. Wondering if there are different ones depending on how you answer certain questions?

tebman
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I got the survey too. I suggested that they get sponsors for those ideas instead of ratcheting the ticket price. There are a zillion possibilities:

The "Dunkin Donuts Speedy Concession Service," in which a guy in a donut suit takes your order while you wait in line.
The "Mitsubishi Mini-DiamondVision Game Update Screens" mounted at the restroom doors.
The "LensCrafters EZ-Read Menu Board" for those who previously had to squint to see the bill of fare.Hell, everything else is sponsored. You'd think companies would jump at the chance to attach their names to customer-friendly improvements.

clogoodie
10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I said that I spend about $20-30 on food/drinks per game, so perhaps that's why I got the concession section.

My responses in the 'fill-in-your-thoughts' sections went something like this:

1) I think it's a good idea to reward long-time season ticketholders with gifts of the type mentioned...but it's backwards to have them pay for it in the form of increased ticket prices. Not really much of a gift then. And I find it hard to believe that after 10 years of season tickets and the concession spending that goes along with that, that the White Sox can't afford to put a placard on someone's seat.

Now, if I assume that the majority of the $5/ticket increase is going towards the special gatherings/parties that are of limited interest to ticketholders, then the right way of doing this is to charge an entrance fee to those events for the ticketholders who want to attend. The gifts should actually be gifts.

2) Most of my negative experiences with the concession stands are due to slow and/or incompetant employees, not indecisive customers in line. I think better training of the employees would accomplish a lot as far as speeding things up goes. I'm way of implementing the in-line order taker, and the seperate lines for ordering and paying because it it has to done very well to overcome the added confusion this brings to the customers. Not to mention that even if one person receives the incorrect order, or one pay station employee is slow and/or unable to recognize and correctly input the order in a timely manner, the delays will be worse than the current simple system.

Replacing/adding TV's and positioning them is a good idea...although I'd keep TV's out of the bathroom and settle for audio feed in there.

And finally, that an extra $2 for every ticket sold for 81 games a year seems a bit much for such minor things.

whitesoxwilkes
10-30-2006, 01:46 PM
I got the survey too. I suggested that they get sponsors for those ideas instead of ratcheting the ticket price. There are a zillion possibilities:
The "Dunkin Donuts Speedy Concession Service," in which a guy in a donut suit takes your order while you wait in line.
The "Mitsubishi Mini-DiamondVision Game Update Screens" mounted at the restroom doors.
The "LensCrafters EZ-Read Menu Board" for those who previously had to squint to see the bill of fare.Hell, everything else is sponsored. You'd think companies would jump at the chance to attach their names to customer-friendly improvements.

:rolling:

I just did the survey a little while ago. I'll take the improved ballpark experience over the ST "experience" any day of the week.

SoxFan78
10-30-2006, 01:59 PM
So for:

$1,300-$8,100 you get a lapel pin, a phone call and a party.

$2,600-$16,200 you get a $2 dollar piece of metal screwed to your seats and another party + 5 year

$6,500-$40,500 you get your name written(engraved?) on a wall outside the stadium+another party +5 year and 10 year

Did they come up with these "incentives" at the end of the season employee party while they were all ****faced or was the survey in teal?

I totally agree with your statement. I dont understand if they are going to be giving you these special gifts as milestone achievements, you shouldn't pay for them.

dickallen15
10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Raising ticket prices $7 for improved boards, someone with a hand held in line, a pin a party every 5 to 15 years? At 30,000 tickets x $7 x 81 games thats over $17 million a year. I hope nobody actually falls for this farce. Shouldn't it be up to the owners of the park and not ticketholders to make improvements to the concession stands? Shouldn't the White Sox be honoring long time season ticketholders without making them pay for such an honor hundreds of times over? Thank God they haven't sent me one yet. It is insulting.

skottyj242
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
This has gotta be a joke. There's no way I'm forking over $14 more bucks a game for this crap.

itsnotrequired
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Raising ticket prices $7 for improved boards, someone with a hand held in line, a pin a party every 5 to 15 years? At 30,000 tickets x $7 x 81 games thats over $17 million a year. I hope nobody actually falls for this farce. Shouldn't it be up to the owners of the park and not ticketholders to make improvements to the concession stands? Shouldn't the White Sox be honoring long time season ticketholders without making them pay for such an honor hundreds of times over? Thank God they haven't sent me one yet. It is insulting.

I wonder if the concession upgrades would apply to single game sales as well. That would be a huge scam if it didn't. So if they added $2 to every ticket, a sell out would mean nearly $800k a game extra coming in. Based on last year's attendance, that's nearly $6 million a year that would be coming in. Does it really cost that much to upgrade the menu boards, hire additional ordering staff and put in TVs? Perhaps. It seems a little high but I guess I'd need more detailed info on what the upgrades would include.

dickallen15
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I think the White Sox are just trying to raise ticket prices without admitting it. Why do long time season ticketholders, people who have been to the concession stands thousands of times need to see a board anyway? I'm on the club level, I never use a concession stand. I don't need a special party. If you just started out right now and wanted your name in the wall of fame, a party, a pin and a phone call, you would shell out an additional $14,175 per seat for this "honor" over a 25 year period. It is ridiculous. Brooks and his flunkies should be ashamed of themselves. This doesn't even include having to buy season tickets for 25 years, and inevitably sitting through a few rebuilding seasons.

chisoxmike
10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Hmmm, I haven't gotten it yet. I hope I do...

salty99
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
If these are implemented consider me a season ticket holder no more. These things should all be free.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-30-2006, 04:46 PM
How about a $0.05 per game increase for an organist at every game? :praying:

Or a $0.10 per game increase to get rid of the Chevy Pride crew (covering the White Sox ad revenue give or take)? :cool:

Those are my suggestions if they give this season ticket holder a survey. I think WSI and White Sox Army would agree on both accounts.

Martinigirl
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM
i filled mine out too. thought there were some interesting ideas. Not sure Im willing to fork over more bread for them though. At least they care enough to try new things.

In my comments section I said that charging for a 'reward' of longtime season ticket holders seems ill advised. When you reward someone, you don't make them pay for the reward.

But I do give them credit for trying new things to make the season ticket holders feel appreciated. I just don't want charges for certain services, that I will never use, built into the costs of my season tickets.

roylestillman
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
A friend called me about this. (I didn't get the survey e-mail) I'm not cheap, but the "pay us and we'll recognize you" is so anti- what the Sox have been all about over the last few years (since Brooks took over anyway) that I can't believe that some intern didn't get this whole thing screwed up. Look for a retraction or apology in the near future.

dickallen15
10-30-2006, 05:09 PM
A crazy thought, but Sportservice runs the concessions don't they? Why don't they pony up the cash to make their operation more efficient thus increasing their profits?

ramorgan1
11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Wow this is complete crap. 1) a "gift" ain't a gift if you pay for it, and 2) why do season ticket holders pay for upgrading concession? If the concessions are improving, raise food prices. the market will dictate whether people will pay for that. this is ridiculous.

Goodman6
11-01-2006, 11:49 PM
I received the survey and I responded by making the following comments:

"If you want to reward your loyal fans with a gift, then give us the gift of another World Series Championship. You can keep the measly lapel pins."

And:

"Whoever in the White Sox organization came up with these lame-brained ideas should be fired. Does that person actually think that Sox fans are so naive that they would pay $2,000 more per seat over a 5-yr period for a lapel pin? Some Sox fans were born at night, but not last night. This is an insult to your loyal fans, not a gift."

spiffie
11-02-2006, 12:11 AM
How about a $0.05 per game increase for an organist at every game? :praying:

Or a $0.10 per game increase to get rid of the Chevy Pride crew (covering the White Sox ad revenue give or take)? :cool:

Those are my suggestions if they give this season ticket holder a survey. I think WSI and White Sox Army would agree on both accounts.
I'll give you the organist. In fact, I'll pay $0.10 per game extra for that. But honestly, the Pride Crew doesn't bother me, and my GF wears the t-shirt I caught from them, so I'm just not supporting that extra $8.10 per season you're asking me for. :wink:

As for the rest of this thread, I'm not bothered at them testing to see what the market will bear. If Sox fans were crazy enough to say "sure, I like $4,000 lapel pins", then they should do it. I suspect they will not be seeing much in the way of positive response though to that, and I would be very surprised if such a plan ever actually happened. But no harm in asking.

WizardsofOzzie
11-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Hmmm, I haven't gotten it yet. I hope I do...
:offtopic: but i love the sig mike

the gooch
11-02-2006, 07:38 AM
I'll give you the organist. In fact, I'll pay $0.10 per game extra for that. But honestly, the Pride Crew doesn't bother me, and my GF wears the t-shirt I caught from them, so I'm just not supporting that extra $8.10 per season you're asking me for. :wink:

As for the rest of this thread, I'm not bothered at them testing to see what the market will bear. If Sox fans were crazy enough to say "sure, I like $4,000 lapel pins", then they should do it. I suspect they will not be seeing much in the way of positive response though to that, and I would be very surprised if such a plan ever actually happened. But no harm in asking.
I'll pay an extra $10 per ticket for an organist. the games this year were a far cry from what I have come to expect from the ballpark.

Soxfanspcu11
11-06-2006, 04:56 AM
I recieved a similar survey to this about a month or so ago.

I'm not sure who else recieved that one, but it was actually quite fun to fill out.

It took about an hour to fill out, but it was well worth it. The questions were very well thought up and you could tell that they were not just some randomly generated questions that MLB put together.

They were VERY specific to our park, and dealt with issues that would only apply to Sox fans attending games.

The best part was at the very end where you could write your own comments.

I made mine short and sweet. I don't recall exactly what I wrote word for word, but I do know that it was something along the lines of,

"As long as the Sox management are committed to putting a winner on the field, I will continue to be a Sox full season ticket holder."

I explained how that I was a full season ticket holder in 1997, but did not renew in 1998 because of how upset I was with the infamous "white-flag" firesale.

I went on to say that it is a very pleasent surprise to see that Jerry has apparently turned over a new leaf, and is more concerned with WINNING then anything else.

ewokpelts
11-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I recieved a similar survey to this about a month or so ago.

I'm not sure who else recieved that one, but it was actually quite fun to fill out.

It took about an hour to fill out, but it was well worth it. The questions were very well thought up and you could tell that they were not just some randomly generated questions that MLB put together.

They were VERY specific to our park, and dealt with issues that would only apply to Sox fans attending games.

The best part was at the very end where you could write your own comments.

I made mine short and sweet. I don't recall exactly what I wrote word for word, but I do know that it was something along the lines of,

"As long as the Sox management are committed to putting a winner on the field, I will continue to be a Sox full season ticket holder."

I explained how that I was a full season ticket holder in 1997, but did not renew in 1998 because of how upset I was with the infamous "white-flag" firesale.

I went on to say that it is a very pleasent surprise to see that Jerry has apparently turned over a new leaf, and is more concerned with WINNING then anything else.i had signed up for a survey sponsored by comed....i let comed have it in the comed questiosn, but i was honest in my sox answers(mostly aBOUTSPONSORSHIPS)