PDA

View Full Version : Tiburones (La Guaira) Venezuelan site

caulfield12
10-29-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.tiburonesdelaguaira.com.ve/mostrar_noticia.php?id=506

By the way, Jerry Owens is now playing in the AFL.

Looks like Corwin Malone has done the best of our pitchers after a rough start.
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=544

So far in Venezuela...

Brian Anderson, 1 for 10
Fields hitting 7 for 30, .233 with 1 RBI
Sweeney at .267 with HR and 7 RBI's
Logan 2.08 ERA
Phillips 8.31 ERA
T. Redding 3.20 ERA
Tracey 33.75 ERA

Grzegorz
10-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Fields has thirty at bats and Anderson has ten?

I wonder why the disparity in at bats between the two?

Frater Perdurabo
10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Fields has thirty at bats and Anderson has ten?

I wonder why the disparity in at bats between the two?

Ozzie ordered Anderson to be benched because Anderson wasn't getting enough ABs.
:tongue:

KRS1
10-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Ozzie ordered Anderson to be benched because Anderson wasn't getting enough ABs.
:tongue:

Brian didnt show up there until around the 20th, so that alone puts him down, then he probably took some time to shake off the rust before they threw him into game situations.

Grzegorz
10-30-2006, 04:44 AM
KSR1,

Thanks for the update. I am sure the progress of BA is one of the formost issues for CWS fans this winter.

ondafarm
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
I presume BA is doing a lot of bunting and working on several things the Sox asked him to. If you go up to bunt everytime and the third baseman has an ounce of brains, then 1 for 10 isn't bad.

ondafarm
10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
BA went 2 for 5 tonight with two singles and 2 Ks.

Soxworldchamps
11-01-2006, 06:37 AM
More News > Ready Brian Anderson
Its debut for this is expected behind schedule
Ready Brian Anderson The Grandeliga of the Chicago White Sox, Brian Anderson, took you practice of batting Saturday and was ready to make debut this in the College student behind schedule.
By: Jose Luis Mora.
jlmora@tiburonesdelaguaira.com.ve (jlmora@tiburonesdelaguaira.com.ve)

October 22 - Brian Anderson, is without a doubt the pelotero of more hierarchy between the announced mattered ones in Venezuelan Liga of Professional Baseball for this season. The Grandeliga of the White Sox arrived at the country the night of Friday and it traveled yesterday with the equipment to Maracay where the salty ones fell by 7-3 before the Tigers of Aragua. Nevertheless, outfielder did not see action in the day.

Anderson took his sessions from batting next to Ryan Sweeney and Josh previous Fields to the game of Saturday and has announced his debut in front of the Lions of Caracas in the College student, when the Sharks of the Guaira appear like visitors in the capital, in which will be the first shock between both novenas.

Outfielder batted east year in the greater ones for,225 (365-82) with towed quadrangular 8 and 33.

....wha??

Soxworldchamps
11-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Also.... (from Tablazo!)

The salty ones aligned without three of their main pieces: Dioner Navarro, Josh Fields and Brian Anderson, first of them to be of permission and the other two by rest, mainly Anderson who recovers of stomach problems, nevertheless, two of the substitutes, Oscar Salazar and Luis Oliveros connected quadrangular

Insert witty comment about Venezualan food here.

ondafarm
11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Brian went 1 for 4 with a single and a strikeout.

Man Soo Lee
11-01-2006, 02:50 PM
I think it's interesting that Sweeney played CF with Anderson in RF last night. Sweeney has also played center ahead of Braves' CF prospect Gregor Blanco at times.

An audition?

ondafarm
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
BA DNP in the 11/1 game.

Anybody else see that Mendoza is now hitting .343?

caulfield12
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
"Montezuma's Revenge" or stomach/diarrhea problems are not common for foreigners travelling to Venezuela. That's typically more of a problem with Mexico.

I lived in Colombia last year (for a full year) and never got sick once. It's not a terribly long flight, compared to Russia or even Hawaii...even if he flew from Arizona instead of Chicago.

I just don't see Sweeney playing CF in the majors as a regular...especially is Roberts or Pierre are playing LF. OTOH, we can't replace Dye with Sweeney and have Sweeney, Anderson and Fields/? in the outfield either. Well, we'll just have to wait and see if either Sweeney or Anderson can hit consistently with 18-24 homer power at this level.

HiHoSilver
11-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Well one reason alot of them are becoming sick is: Well actually they are faking....YES FAKING. ...@ players played the sick, and sore role just to get out of the country. Yes thats right, they were scared for thier lives as they were having armed guards go everywhere with them, the stadium has guards all over with drawn weapons at all times,lol. So thats probaly why it looks like most are playing so poorly also, i mean wouldnt you, when everywhere you turned you had a guys with drawn weapons all around. Mosdt of the players when not playing dont leave the hotel, they fear for thier lives over there. Its a shame that thye are pushed so hard to go, yet its ultimately still thier decision.

KRS1
11-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Well one reason alot of them are becoming sick is: Well actually they are faking....YES FAKING. ...@ players played the sick, and sore role just to get out of the country. Yes thats right, they were scared for thier lives as they were having armed guards go everywhere with them, the stadium has guards all over with drawn weapons at all times,lol. So thats probaly why it looks like most are playing so poorly also, i mean wouldnt you, when everywhere you turned you had a guys with drawn weapons all around. Mosdt of the players when not playing dont leave the hotel, they fear for thier lives over there. Its a shame that thye are pushed so hard to go, yet its ultimately still thier decision.

*cough*

HiHoSilver
11-20-2006, 03:40 AM
LOL, KRS go fcuk yourself you moronic idiot, who has nothing better to do then act as if you know every detail, you have nothing better to do than post 1500 post on here? Nice life.

*cough*

KRS1
11-20-2006, 03:54 AM
LOL, KRS go fcuk yourself you moronic idiot, who has nothing better to do then act as if you know every detail, you have nothing better to do than post 1500 post on here? Nice life.

:rolleyes::dtroll:

Wow, you are dumb and a loser. Acting as if you know every little detail is exactly what you did in your post.

HiHoSilver
11-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Yes i did in this post,lol. Since its not acting and based upon facts straight from 2 of the players, ill take thier word on it, and state it as what it is. I dont sit on here and post 1500 times, i actually work, well if u wanna call it that. I make 6 figures and hardly leave the house except to go out of town to tournaments,lol. So get a life, make yourself a good living, and quit wasting all your time in forums, you can waste alittle, but not all of it,lol, you bum.

Wow, you are dumb and a loser. Acting as if you know every little detail is exactly what you did in your post.

ilsox7
11-20-2006, 04:03 AM

It didn't take long. You can tell when they come on and tell people they are stupid and dumb that they won't last much longer than a day.

HiHoSilver
11-20-2006, 04:12 AM
Last more than a day? LOL. Ive been reading this forum for 2 years now, and made 9 post, and half of them were today. Just funny that like now you clowns think you know more than you do. Must be jobless, mooching, and like 20 since your still up at this hour posting in a forum. LOL. And yes im awake i work at this time. tyvm.

It didn't take long. You can tell when they come on and tell people they are stupid and dumb that they won't last much longer than a day.

KRS1
11-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Yes i did in this post,lol. Since its not acting and based upon facts straight from 2 of the players, ill take thier word on it, and state it as what it is. I dont sit on here and post 1500 times, i actually work, well if u wanna call it that. I make 6 figures and hardly leave the house except to go out of town to tournaments,lol. So get a life, make yourself a good living, and quit wasting all your time in forums, you can waste alittle, but not all of it,lol, you bum.

That's all great for you, very credible and believable too. I will graduate from college next May, and if I may say so myself, have a great life. You are a loser.

KRS1
11-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Last more than a day? LOL. Ive been reading this forum for 2 years now, and made 9 post, and half of them were today. Just funny that like now you clowns think you know more than you do. Must be jobless, mooching, and like 20 since your still up at this hour posting in a forum. LOL. And yes im awake i work at this time. tyvm.

And all of them were wonderful posts. I can assure you that your intelligent, and well thought out responses will be sorely missed around.

HiHoSilver
11-20-2006, 04:21 AM
When has graduating college made you succesful? And yes you probaly do have a great life being in college right now, i did when i went. But just because your there really means little, and gradutaing means little also. Graduating college nowadays does not entitle anyone to a succesful life, sorry bro. And i have been a loser, i was recently a loser on espn thank you, when i finished 2nd in a world series event,lol. So loser is right you pegged me this time.

That's all great for you, very credible and believable too. I will graduate from college next May, and if I may say so myself, have a great life. You are a loser.

KRS1
11-20-2006, 04:34 AM
When has graduating college made you succesful? And yes you probaly do have a great life being in college right now, i did when i went. But just because your there really means little, and gradutaing means little also. Graduating college nowadays does not entitle anyone to a succesful life, sorry bro. And i have been a loser, i was recently a loser on espn thank you, when i finished 2nd in a world series event,lol. So loser is right you pegged me this time.

:thumbsup:

caulfield12
11-20-2006, 09:29 AM

successful
probably
graduating
successful
missing commas
you're (contraction)

What kind of job can I get that pays $100,000 or more and doesn't even require that I be able to type/spell/grammatically function at a higher level?

Please send me an application ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. I'm sure you're an advocate for success without a degree...I think I read about your in the "Millionaire Next Door" book, in fact.

By the way, you get used to the guns very quickly. In Colombia, you see police with machine guns on lots of street corners. Heck, there was a "motorcycle sicario" (assassination) right in front of my apartment building. These are pro baseball players. I'm sure they can handle themselves. Just because Chavez has inflamed opinion against the US doesn't mean every baseball player is living under conditions like Guitmo Bay.

maurice
11-20-2006, 11:32 AM
I love it when trolls piss all over this forum.
:rolleyes: