PDA

View Full Version : Lets Hear Some Realistic Predictions

Whitesox4ever
10-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Of who might be joining the Sox this offseason

I predict that the Sox will sign 2 bullpen guys
Justin Speier
Jamie Walker

I also think KW will make a huge trade for Micheal Young trading Garcia and a top prospect to TX

Also a trade with Tor to bring Alex Rios to the Sox.

Would love to hear other predicitions

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-29-2006, 12:04 PM

Justin Speier
Jamie Walker

I also think KW will make a huge trade for Micheal Young trading Garcia and a top prospect to TX

I would absolutley LOVE those two bullpen guys. What would it take for them though? What about someone replacing Pods as leadoff man? There aren't many "realistic" OFs out there that are much better than Pods. Dave Roberts was mentioned in the Clubhouse, but I don't know how much better he is coming off a "carreer year". Those two I think are our two most important issues this offseason.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the part about Alex Rios.

oeo
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM

Justin Speier
Jamie Walker

No offense, but I don't think these are realistic predictions at all.

Maybe one of the two bullpen guys above. I predict Speier; Cotts will be back next year no matter how much we don't like it. And do you really think Toronto is going to trade an up-and-coming star like Rios...no way. I think we'd probably have a better shot at getting Crawford.

Craig Grebeck
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Eh on Rios. He doesn't walk at all, he would have to bat around 7th. We need guys to get on base ahead of the 3-4-5.

Whitesox4ever
10-29-2006, 12:51 PM
No offense, but I don't think these are realistic predictions at all.

Maybe one of the two bullpen guys above. I predict Speier; Cotts will be back next year no matter how much we don't like it. And do you really think Toronto is going to trade an up-and-coming star like Rios...no way. I think we'd probably have a better shot at getting Crawford.

Their has been reports out of Toronto.. When I was there last week that the Jays are looking to trade Rios if they can get pitching in return...

Whitesox4ever
10-29-2006, 12:58 PM
from today's Denver Post

division in which the Dodgers are chasing Alfonso Soriano, the Padres are eyeing Barry Zito and the Giants are pursuing Gary Matthews Jr., the Rockies are bargain hunting... The club has discussed ways to piece together trades for Toronto's Alex Rios, Boston's Coco Crisp and Houston's Chris Burke, while Dave Roberts, Darin Erstad and Jay Payton rank high on its wish list."

So it does look that Rios might be traded

chisoxmike
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
No to Rios, yes to Young. But trade Vazquez instead of Garcia, and a minor leaguer or two.

Cuck_The_Fubs
10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Here's a realistic idea:

Trade Crede (while he still has a back) and a prospect or 2 to the Angel's (due to their lack of power) for these 2 men:

Scott Shields
Chone figgins

their you go, a leadoff man, a center/left fielder, as well as one of the best arms in the league.

DumpJerry
10-29-2006, 05:56 PM
I predict pitchers and catchers report in February.

I'm the only one who will be 100% right!

chisoxmike
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM

My cousin's dad who works for a baseball team (Who i won't say) told me that they won't report in February this year. In fact, he told me there will be no spring training this year. This is being done so lesser teams can't get ready for the regular season and the great teams like the red sox and yankees can pound everyone and we will have a yankee/ red sox alcs like we should every year.

Cuck_The_Fubs
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM

Nice! Go, Miss Cleo, Go! :bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-29-2006, 10:26 PM
What about Brain Fuentes from the Rockies?

Sox Fan 35
10-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Here's a realistic idea:

Trade Crede (while he still has a back) and a prospect or 2 to the Angel's (due to their lack of power) for these 2 men:

Scott Shields
Chone figgins

their you go, a leadoff man, a center/left fielder, as well as one of the best arms in the league.

I would rather stick with Pods than trade for Figgins.

MrX
10-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Here's a realistic idea:

Scott Shields
Chone figgins

:o:

Figgins numbers are almost identical to Pods

DaleJRFan
10-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Justin Speier for sure. This should be the priority. Bullpen help, please.

Speier, Thornton, MacDougal, Jenks = NASTY.

If signing Jamie Walker means not having to watch Boone Logan crap his pants or another ridiculous LOOGY competition in ST, then I say go for it. But - I don't think the Tigers let him walk.

What do you do with Cotts if you sign Jamie Walker? Put him at AAA?

I'd like to see the Sox go after Jeremy Affeldt. He's out of the division now so we won't be aiding our direct competition. He's got nasty stuff and it seems has Matt Thornton syndrome. I am wondering if Don Cooper wants another pet project for 2007 like with Contreras/05 and Thornton/06... I think he'd be a great risk to take with his age/stuff/etc and is just KW's kind of trade to make.

Affeldt probably isn't very realistic, since the Sox need to win NOW with whoever they go with. Championship quality teams don't often have project arms in the bullpen.

soxfan13
10-30-2006, 08:48 PM

Just read that they moved the report times to the last weekend in January:cool:

10-31-2006, 08:22 AM
I think with the Uribe situation, we'll be looking at a new SS

Chips
10-31-2006, 08:29 AM
I would rather stick with Pods than trade for Figgins.

Exactly, Figgins is no better than Pods.

chisoxmike
10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
If Figgens or Pierre is our upgrade over Podsednik, I'd stay with Podsednik until July to see what opens up in the trade market.

The Sox need to upgrade the bullpen before anything else. Once that is taken care of, they can look for a possible new leadoff hitter.

russ99
10-31-2006, 01:17 PM
from today's Denver Post

division in which the Dodgers are chasing Alfonso Soriano, the Padres are eyeing Barry Zito and the Giants are pursuing Gary Matthews Jr., the Rockies are bargain hunting... The club has discussed ways to piece together trades for Toronto's Alex Rios, Boston's Coco Crisp and Houston's Chris Burke, while Dave Roberts, Darin Erstad and Jay Payton rank high on its wish list."

Chris Burke's not going anywhere. In fact, he'll get the majority of starts at 2B for the Astros in what will be Biggio's last season.

areilly
10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I predict the Sox will be outbid for Alfonso Soriano.

esbrechtel
11-01-2006, 01:04 PM
if i see chone figgins in a sox uniform next year i will be :angry:

Lip Man 1
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
In reply to the original question...

Let's not and say we did.

Lip

sox1970
11-01-2006, 05:25 PM
My realistic prediction is that Kenny Williams will put together a very good 25-man roster before April 1st. 5 months to go.

mjmcend
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
My realistic prediction is that Kenny Williams will put together a very good 25-man roster before April 1st. 5 months to go.

Can't come soon enough. We should at least wait until the winter meeting before dicussing every stupid trade idea.