PDA

View Full Version : Post Dispatch Around Here?

South Side Irish
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I know a lot of people are getting sick of all the Cardinals talk, but...

Where you can you pick up a St. Louis Post-Dispatch around Chicagoland? Of course I'd love to have one, but I'm not about to drive all the way down to STL/Western IL to get one. I've check the Barnes and Noble/Borders places, and no go. Worse case scenario, I know Ebay has 'em. I'm willing to drive an hour or two, but not unless I know they have them available.

Anybody have a clue?

chisoxmike
10-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I know a lot of people are getting sick of all the Cardinals talk, but...

Where you can you pick up a St. Louis Post-Dispatch around Chicagoland? Of course I'd love to have one, but I'm not about to drive all the way down to STL/Western IL to get one. I've check the Barnes and Noble/Borders places, and no go. Worse case scenario, I know Ebay has 'em. I'm willing to drive an hour or two, but not unless I know they have them available.

Anybody have a clue?

I can maybe get one from where I work. I'll PM you on Monday. It might be hard becuase the paper will be a Saturday edition, but I'll let you know.

CLR01
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Good luck. I was driving around for 3 hours earlier searching for one for my brother and my sister in-law's parents and I came up empty. I am starting to wonder if the press operators didn't get drunk and forget to print the things.

South Side Irish
10-28-2006, 02:49 PM
:redneck I wouldn't be mad if that were true, CLR!

I thought long about driving to get one, but with what my truck would have cost me in gas, I think I can just spend the same buying one off ebay. Plus, I fell asleep in my truck, in my driveway, listening to KMOX's coverage. It's a shame the call couldn't be played, but that's no biggie... I was still listening to St. Louisisans revel! I'm jealous I'm not down there!

South Side Irish
10-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I can maybe get one from where I work. I'll PM you on Monday. It might be hard becuase the paper will be a Saturday edition, but I'll let you know.

Thanks, Mike, I'd really appreciate that!

CLR01
10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Success! I basically had to go to East St. Louis to get it though. :?:
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gif

I managed to get a few of them so if you would like one let me know. Can also get the extra section.

kevingrt
10-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Well I got ten plus St. Louis Post Dispatch in my room in Columbia, MO and I could perhaps send them to you if you want. PM me.

RadioheadRocks
10-28-2006, 07:36 PM
If it's anything like last year, you may find a few copies posted on eBay in the coming weeks (of course what you'd probably end up bidding and paying are another story entirely).

MeteorsSox4367
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
The closest I've ever seen the Post-Dispatch to Chicago is a convenience store in Bloomington-Normal right off I-55. That's about a two-hour ride. You can also try going through the P-D's store. I've done that with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.