PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching the World Series DVD?

thomas35forever
10-28-2006, 12:59 AM
I am.

RadioheadRocks
10-28-2006, 01:02 AM
I will be once I get home from work tonight (I'm off at 3am). If I'm feeling saucy I may also follow that with SOX PRIDE and the World Series portion of the Astros' DVD. :D:

tick53
10-28-2006, 01:07 AM
I got 'em going Thursday night starting with all the pre game reports on Comcast from around the park. Then segued into Game One. I taped it everything.:smile:

chisoxmike
10-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Meh.

WS in 05
10-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Think I'll watch Green Street Hooligans again

kevingrt
10-28-2006, 02:12 AM
I got game four of the World Series going right now.

QCIASOXFAN
10-28-2006, 03:26 AM
I still haven't even bought it. :(: It will make a great stocking stuffer because I only want that and a couple clothing items.:cool:

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I bought it last month but haven't watched it yet. I was waiting for after this World Series, when there is no baseball at all on TV for the next 5 months ... :(: I'll start watching it this week.

Last night I watched the Cards celebrate and I thought 'the Sox celebrated so much better.' It will be nice to re-visit that. And the parade is going to make me cry -- again -- for sure. I was there and I still remember how that felt. Wow.

mrwag
10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
You know, I thought the Cards celebration was a bit lame, myself. The Sox just exhibited so much raw emotion, whereas the Cards were happy, but more subdued. The infielders just kinda hung out together, and high fived each other. I can't help but wishing the Sox, somehow, could have won it in Chicago. I know, take it when you can...

Maybe that's what 88 years of futility does to you.

soxchick20
10-28-2006, 11:20 AM
last night i watched game 4 followed by the entire rally and parade that i still have tivoed from last year. it always cheers me up. The player speeches and video clips get me everytime.:whiner:

CPditka
10-28-2006, 12:20 PM
I put on right after the final out. I couldnt watch the real deal.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I watched game 3 of the ALDS

cbone
10-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I still get nervous watching the last inning. :redface:

FedEx227
10-28-2006, 02:13 PM
same, I somehow always get surprised by the Uribe catch too?

**** DID HE CATCH THAT?! NO way...NO WAY...OH MY GOD HE CAUGHT IT!

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

Orta 4-6-3
10-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I watched Game Four last night, and will watch the tape of the Victory Parade today.

23Ventura
10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I got game four of the World Series going right now.
I watched that last night as well.

MarySwiss
10-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Currently working on Game 5 of the ALCS; great therapy. I went out earlier and picked up a half-baked pizza from Salerno's of Berwyn (in Gilbert, Ariz.). Plan is to pop it in the oven later, and we'll be watching THE World Series--the only one that counts--over pizza and beer. And of course, that will be followed by the tape of the Victory Parade and Rally.

ja1022
10-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I've been in a state of denial. While the Cards were beating the Tigers I was watching the World Champion White Sox of Chicago beat up on the Red Sox, Angels and 'stros. It's kind of cool to watch them again from beginning to end again because you see lots of key moments that get missed in the highlight DVDs. It's also nice to go back and watch certain things like the five run dismantling of Oswalt, El Duque's bases loaded escape, or the squeeze in the ninth of that same game.

Dan the Man
10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Finished it at about 12:45 this morning. Was hard to hold back tears. Bruce Levine saying "I haven't been this excited in a long time John!" while crying after they won the pennant kinda got me going.
:whiner:

nsolo
10-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Podsednik's walk-off home run. I replay that over and over. i wasn't at the park, but I can only imagine that the moment was electric.

Could you imagine being in Scott's shoes at that moment? We've all dreamed it as kids.

Nsolo

Myrtle72
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Podsednik's walk-off home run. I replay that over and over. i wasn't at the park, but I can only imagine that the moment was electric.

Could you imagine being in Scott's shoes at that moment? We've all dreamed it as kids.

Nsolo

I can only imagine how he felt. I've been replaying a few of the great moments like that one, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch a whole game yet. It's bittersweet for me.

Patrick134
10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I can only imagine how he felt. I've been replaying a few of the great moments like that one, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch a whole game yet. It's bittersweet for me.

Why bittersweet ? Just because it didn't happen again this season ? If you expect something that spectacular every single season, you're setting yourself up to be miderable very often ( yankees fans). Enjoy it. Lsst season was just as amazing if the sox win it 10 more times, or never again.

Myrtle72
10-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Why bittersweet ? Just because it didn't happen again this season ? If you expect something that spectacular every single season, you're setting yourself up to be miderable very often ( yankees fans). Enjoy it. Lsst season was just as amazing if the sox win it 10 more times, or never again.

Who said I expected it to happen every season? :?:

southside rocks
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been in a state of denial. While the Cards were beating the Tigers I was watching the World Champion White Sox of Chicago beat up on the Red Sox, Angels and 'stros. It's kind of cool to watch them again from beginning to end again because you see lots of key moments that get missed in the highlight DVDs. It's also nice to go back and watch certain things like the five run dismantling of Oswalt, El Duque's bases loaded escape, or the squeeze in the ninth of that same game.

Oh, Game 3 of the ALDS, I just watched that yesterday. :D:

I was really disgusted at the blatant cheering for the Boston Red Sox that those butt-head ESPN guys were doing. And stupid -- wow. They made wrong predictions and analyses all the time. When El Duque was warming, one of them said that he was just throwing to get some throwing in and that the time to bring him into THIS game was past and he wouldn't be called in.

And then, of course, he came in and absolutely shriveled the Bosox in the 6th -- and pitched two more excellent innings after that.

The squeeze in the 9th was so cool ... the ESPN mopes kept saying 'who would put on a squeeze with the CATCHER on third base?'

It was so satisfying to see the White Sox make those dumbos look as foolish as they are. :tongue: I thought they'd cry when the Red Sox didn't get it done and got swept by the White Sox.

samram
10-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Who said I expected it to happen every season? :?:

You should expect it every season. That's the standard. Furthermore, expecting it every season does not take away from how great 2005 was.

Myrtle72
10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
You should expect it every season. That's the standard.

Well, I want it every season, but no, I don't expect it every season. Obviously it would be wonderful if the Sox could win every single World Series title in the rest of my lifetime but I can't possibly expect something like that from them.

I do want it, though.

Furthermore, expecting it every season does not take away from how great 2005 was.

I completely agree.

Brian26
10-29-2006, 10:21 PM

Why bittersweet ? Just because it didn't happen again this season ?

It would have been truly bittersweet if Pods hit that homer to win Game 2, and then the Sox went on to lose the series. That's the true definintion of bittersweet. As it stands, its just a great memory.