PDA

View Full Version : Telander Fires on the Tribune

tebman
10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I did a search and was amazed that nobody has posted this. Rick Telander's column in Friday's Sun-Times fires cannon shots at the Tribune. Rick Morrissey in the Tribune had written complaining about the Bears helmet on the Sun-Times front page, saying that the Sun-Times had sold out.

You can read it here (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/telander/113702,CST-SPT-rick27.article), but much of it sounds like it was lifted directly off WSI.

An excerpt:

The Tribune?
You mean the official newspaper of the Chicago Cubs?
How can anybody there even pretend to be unbiased about baseball when his, or her, sportswriting checks come from the same hand that writes checks for Kerry Wood and John McDonough?
Throwing stones from a glass house?
The Trib is rolling boulders from a crystal palace. Look up conflict of interest in the dictionary, and you might find Dennis FitzSimons and the Trib sports department in a group photo.

Maybe George Knue will write Telander a withering response. :tongue:

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
The Sun-Times can't say anything about the Tribune as long as Moronotti is still employed. On the other hand, the Tribune can't say anything about the Sun-Times until they sell the Cubs.

The Daily Southtown and/or Daily Herald should take advantage of this.

samram
10-28-2006, 12:46 AM
The Sun-Times can't say anything about the Tribune as long as Moronotti is still employed. On the other hand, the Tribune can't say anything about the Sun-Times until they sell the Cubs.

The Daily Southtown and/or Daily Herald should take advantage of this.

I would be perfectly happy if both papers just shut the **** up. Except for Sam Smith's weekly Bulls trade idea. I can't live without that.

FedEx227
10-28-2006, 12:49 AM
I would be perfectly happy if both papers just shut the **** up. Except for Sam Smith's weekly Bulls trade idea. I can't live without that.

Is there any better part of Monday than waking up knowing Sam Smith has cooked up an amazingly unrealistic 5-6 team trade idea?

SOXSINCE'70
10-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I would be perfectly happy if both papers just shut the **** up.

I second that.Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.:rolleyes:

voodoochile
10-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Who says the Chicago Media isn't 100% awesome...

REPORTER FIGHT!!!

Sharpened pencils at 20 paces...

southside rocks
10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Jeff McMahon had a nice piece about the Morrissey column on his blog:
http://www.cubune.com/2006/10/when-devil-mounts-pulpit.html

(Did Morrissey really pick the Cubs to win their division in '06? Holy cow, what an embarrassment! :redneck)

chaerulez
10-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Who was the Bears played that yelled at Telander a couple weeks ago, if it wasn't Gilmore? I find it odd that Telander would name Gilmore when he thought it was Gilmore, but not the person it actually was.

TornLabrum
10-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Who was the Bears played that yelled at Telander a couple weeks ago, if it wasn't Gilmore? I find it odd that Telander would name Gilmore when he thought it was Gilmore, but not the person it actually was.

It wasn't Gilmore, and he got on with B&B the afternoon after the column appeared and retracted the accusation.