PDA

View Full Version : 2006 World Series key moments

JermaineDye05
10-27-2006, 11:41 PM
so what were some key moments in this years world series? I didn't really watch it so I don't know any. So were there any big plays like the geoff blum hr, pods walk off, pk's grand slam in 05

y2j2785
10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
id have to say the 8 errors detroit made in the series

1951Campbell
10-27-2006, 11:44 PM
I can think of 8 moments off the top of my head.

And Jesus, did the Tigers just bat under .200 in the WS?

lakeviewsoxfan
10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
This WS plain SUCKED!! It was very boring.

CLR01
10-27-2006, 11:53 PM
This WS plain SUCKED!! It was very boring.

^^^^

But the ending was fantastic.

chisoxmike
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
^^^^

:supernana: :gulp:

Jjav829
10-28-2006, 12:00 AM
so what were some key moments in this years world series? I didn't really watch it so I don't know any. So were there any big plays like the geoff blum hr, pods walk off, pk's grand slam in 05

Nothing like that. In fact, the entire playoffs were very weak. One of the weaker years in recent memory for baseball.

Besides the fact that we won the World Series last year, the playoffs were just great, exciting baseball. Everything from that classic 18-inning game in Houston (I can still hear Milo's call of "Chris Burke!") to all the action in the World Series was all great baseball. This year was pretty disappointing.

MrX
10-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Watching Zumaya **** himself over and over was great, I hate that ****er.

lakeviewsoxfan
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
^^^^

Agree!!

Now to the off season:KW

When the Kennys Hungry the Kennys Gonna Eat

BeviBall!
10-28-2006, 12:04 AM
So many Tiger errors to recount here.

Career "pests" continued to pester... especially Mr. MVP Eckstein.

LaRussa was a master.

Casey was the only Tiger at the bat.

Tiger relief pitching finally let them down after 170 games.

Myrtle72
10-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I would say the fact that the Tigers had 8 errors to back up their 11 runs in this series plays a significant role.

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Tigers errors that allowed unearned runs were the highlights. Wow, it was actually embarrassing to watch!

The Cards, who won 83 games in the regular season, are the WS Champions. I hope this bothers some White Sox players. I'm just saying...

kitekrazy
10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Cub fans have to hate this.

2005-the other Chicago team wins one
2006-arch rivals win one

Tiger embarass the AL by letting the lowly NL team that won 83 games.

What an embarassment.

FedEx227
10-28-2006, 01:22 AM
The Tigers just flat out imploded. The inexperience and youth bit them in the ass when there guys couldn't step up or step forward (literally).

83 wins, god damnit... if only we had made it in, we could've taken this easily.

Patrick134
10-28-2006, 01:31 AM
The Tigers just flat out imploded. The inexperience and youth bit them in the ass when there guys couldn't step up or step forward (literally).

83 wins, god damnit... if only we had made it in, we could've taken this easily.

I'm not a Cards fan in the least, but seeing comments about 83 wins is getting old. Pujols did miss a month, and they had numerous pitching injuries. After watching the sox in the 2nd half, I have a hard time saying they'd beat anyone easily. However the 2005 sox would have decimated this Cards team.

CLR01
10-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Pujols did miss a month

He missed 15 games and the Cards went 8-5 against the Cubs, Pirates, Reds, Brewers, and the Rockies. Not exactly a horrible record and not exactly games they need Pujols's bat to win. They also lost 2 to the White Sox without him and lost one with him in the lineup.

WS in 05
10-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Some jackass (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1397074&postcount=279) is making fun of you guys.

At least our season didn't end a month ago. Now the Sox are just like the 84 Tigers. Former champs. Not defending champs. Former champs. Just like the '08 Cubs.

from motownsports.com and oblong himself

here it is

http://motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=950652#post950652

Patrick134
10-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Some jackass (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1397074&postcount=279) is making fun of you guys.

At least our season didn't end a month ago. Now the Sox are just like the 84 Tigers. Former champs. Not defending champs. Former champs. Just like the '08 Cubs.

here it is

Playing a month longer only to embarrass yourself on baseball's largest stage with horrendous fundamental errors isn't something to crow about. At least the sox hid their errors in the 2nd half where less people were watching. :D:

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm not a Cards fan in the least, but seeing comments about 83 wins is getting old. Pujols did miss a month, and they had numerous pitching injuries. After watching the sox in the 2nd half, I have a hard time saying they'd beat anyone easily. However the 2005 sox would have decimated this Cards team.

I think the point of the 83-wins comments is that the Sox, even with their troubles in 2006, managed to win 90. Had they been in another division -- the Cardinals' division, for instance -- they'd have gone into the post-season. It's just frustrating to watch, as a Sox fan.

It takes nothing away from the Cards. They dragged themselves, sometimes through sheer determination, into the postseason and once there, they upset every prediction and played like the pros they are. I admire that.

I agree that the youth and inexperience of the Tigers seemed to be their undoing when they came up against the more confident Cards.

daveeym
10-28-2006, 10:29 AM

here it is

http://motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=950652#post950652 Hahaha, and then our lovely friend timberwolf gets in on it.

Palehose13
10-28-2006, 02:09 PM

here it is

Wow Oblong. I thought you were a little classier than that.

Chisox003
10-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Wow Oblong. I thought you were a little classier than that.
:rolling:

Really?

I love how they call Sox fans "bitter" (:?:) and then have an entire conversation about this board. Oblong has 25,000 (!!!) posts on that site. Seriously dude, get a life.

slavko
10-28-2006, 02:29 PM
In the playoffs the collar starts to fit a little tighter at the plate and the pitching takes over. It happened against the Mets, a hitting team, and again against the Tigers, also a hitting team. And weren't bad fielding pitchers a factor last year against the Angels when their staff kept getting hit in the ass with Sox ground balls?

Palehose13
10-28-2006, 02:31 PM
:rolling:

Really?

I love how they call Sox fans "bitter" (:?:) and then have an entire conversation about this board. Oblong has 25,000 (!!!) posts on that site. Seriously dude, get a life.

Yeah, I did. He didn't stir up trouble when he was here. I expected him to be a regular like ma gaga and fenway.

Crede_Fan
10-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I did. He didn't stir up trouble when he was here. I expected him to be a regular like ma gaga and fenway.

The wonderful Timberwolf is saying that the mods here hate ma and fenway. That we consider them to be trolls and the board hates them. I think I remember West saying how Ma was one of his top 5 posters.

Palehose13
10-28-2006, 02:54 PM
The wonderful Timberwolf is saying that the mods here hate ma and fenway. That we consider them to be trolls and the board hates them. I think I remember West saying how Ma was one of his top 5 posters.

Yeah, I read that. As far as I know, no one has a problem with ma-gaga. He is a highly respected poster. As far as fenway, I know some regular posters used to get tired of his east coast postings and used ot give him grief, but I believe that has stopped. I don't know of mods that actively dislike him.

Timberwolf...he's an idiot. He is Soxessed. I honeslty believe that he spends more energy hating on Chicago than loving his Minnesota teams.

Ah well, one thing we got on them now...It is football season! Go Bears. :D:

last thing...I think they're jealous over at motown sports cause our board layout is so much nicer than theirs. Thanks West. :thumbsup:

DoItForDanPasqua
10-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Agree!!

Now to the off season:KW

When the Kennys Hungry the Kennys Gonna Eat

Has your computer run out of apostrophes?

Crede_Fan
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I read that. As far as I know, no one has a problem with ma-gaga. He is a highly respected poster. As far as fenway, I know some regular posters used to get tired of his east coast postings and used ot give him grief, but I believe that has stopped. I don't know of mods that actively dislike him.

Timberwolf...he's an idiot. He is Soxessed. I honeslty believe that he spends more energy hating on Chicago than loving his Minnesota teams.

Ah well, one thing we got on them now...It is football season! Go Bears. :D:

last thing...I think they're jealous over at motown sports cause our board layout is so much nicer than theirs. Thanks West. :thumbsup:

I got a problem with Ma... he killed me at fantasy baseball!:cool:

SOXSINCE'70
10-28-2006, 05:46 PM
My memories of the 2006 WS:

- Joe Sux and Tim Mcbarfer are still long winded,
boring and a great cure for insomnia.:puking:

- If I have to hear Jeannie Zelasko's fake
sing song affect again,i'll scream.Maybe
she was the reason God created the
mute button.

- Those of us old enough to remember
couldn't help but think of former Cards