PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theory I Want Your Opinion On..

WhiteSoxFan84
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I was sitting back and watching Baseball Tonight the other day and I thought about this;

Joe Girardi recently announced that he will not take a managerial job in 2007 and instead will take a TV gig with the YES Network, which obviously broadcasts New York Yankee games. Girardi could've easily had the Nationals job and also had a very good chance at any other vacancy.

Joe Torre was rumored to be on his way out a few weeks ago but George Steinberner decided to keep Joe around. That being said, 2007 is the last year on Torre's current contract.

Do you guys think that Steinberner possibly paid Girardi enough and convinced him to take the TV gig for one-year so he would possibly be hired as Yankees skipper after the '07 season? I know this is out of leftfield but to me it makes a ton of sense.

LuvSox
10-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I could see that.

Grzegorz
10-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Not outside the realm of possibility...

DumpJerry
10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Naw. He knows Torre will retire after next year when they are swept out of the playoffs by the White Sox. However, their new bench coach might get the job (Mattingly)......

Bucky F. Dent
10-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah I could see that. Not much a conspiracy though really, just the way Steinbrenner does buisness.

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Sure. It's not particularly far-fetched ... Girardi didn't want the Nats job enough to commit to it, for whatever reasons, and the word is that he very much wants to be with the Yankees, so this is one way to accomplish it.

I read that Girardi was very disappointed that the Cubs didn't hire him. Poor guy was spared that fate and he's disappointed? :rolleyes:

russ99
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Ya want a conspiracy theory? This seems much more like Girardi was blacklisted out of a managerial job by standing up to the Marlins owner - you know how that MLB owner "old boy network" works.

Maybe by kissing up to King George for a season on TV, he can get back into their good graces and have a shot at a job in 2008.

Still, I'm glad the Cubs didn't hire him, it made the Cub fans mad and lets the hilarity continue! :D:

shoelessshaun27!
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, nice work WhiteSoxFan84.

Paulwny
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Naw. He knows Torre will retire after next year when they are swept out of the playoffs by the White Sox. However, their new bench coach might get the job (Mattingly)......

According to rumors, you can substitute "will" for "might".