PDA

View Full Version : same old story....same fools falling for it

VASoxfan1
10-27-2006, 12:50 PM
came across this article on deadspin
http://www.rivalfish.com/rivalroom/2006/10/rivalfish-breaks-first-real-news-story.html

A very different attitude from Buehrle there. Although I have faith that Williams is no idiot and would have to be a MORON not to pick up his option even if for the express purpose of trading him. You don't think he has a high value to an NL contendor.

mjmcend
10-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Mark is a Notre Dame fan? Now we really need to to sign him long term.

hi im skot
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
A dude on a blog?

C'mon...

Baby Fisk
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
There seems to be a "Buehrle wants to pitch for St. Louis" story every off-season. Nothing ever comes of it.

Unregistered
10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
It's pretty annoying how this crap keeps coming up.

samram
10-27-2006, 12:58 PM
There seems to be a "Buehrle wants to pitch for St. Louis" story every off-season.

And all of them seem to involve Mark's already having spoken to the Cardinals; ignoring, of course, that this would be tampering if it acutally happenend.

VASoxfan1
10-27-2006, 01:02 PM
It's pretty annoying how this crap keeps coming up.

its the fact that it does that makes me think where theres smoke theres fire. Its been a nonissue of late because the sox had him under control. But that time is starting to draw to an end (depending on an option one more year).

Take it as you will.

jenn2080
10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
I do not by this.:rolleyes: Some random dude looking for airtime all of the sudden gets this huge piece of info. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
And all of them seem to involve Mark's already having spoken to the Cardinals; ignoring, of course, that this would be tampering if it acutally happenend.

Yup, he ignores that rule violation. This is further proof of what mothers tell their children: "don't believe what you read on the Internet."

its the fact that it does that makes me think where theres smoke theres fire. Its been a nonissue of late because the sox had him under control. But that time is starting to draw to an end (depending on an option one more year).

Take it as you will.

Buehrle has been on the record for many years as saying that he plans to spend the twilight years of his career in St. Louis. He also has said at the same time he plans on being with the White Sox for many years before the St. Louis thing happens.

Also, this goofy blogger needs to remember that Buerhle is a big practical joker, so I wouldn't put it past Mark to hint at something to make this guy with "great access" look stupid.....

lakeviewsoxfan
10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I am so sure Buehrles wife wants KW to decline 9.5mm coming into the house. What a bunch of horse****. I am pretty sure The Sox would pick up his option and then trade him rather then get ZERO value for an All-Star pitcher.

CLR01
10-27-2006, 01:18 PM
A dude on a blog?

C'mon...

But...but...but...blogs are great........

Take it as you will.

Just because some hack wanna be journalist brings up garbage (and most likely made up garbage or the 3 year old variety, you choose) doesn't make it true.

southside rocks
10-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I am so sure Buehrles wife wants KW to decline 9.5mm coming into the house. What a bunch of horse****. I am pretty sure The Sox would pick up his option and then trade him rather then get ZERO value for an All-Star pitcher.

Yeah, that's a given here. I mean, it's beyond-belief-stupid that anyone would think that the WS would DECLINE MB's option and let him wander along to his next team. Um, huh?

If the Cards want MB, they'll have to trade to get him, and that means the Sox will pick up the option and then package MB in a deal that brings, oh, say, Chris Carpenter to Chicago. If that happened, I would miss MB not at all. :tongue:

DSpivack
10-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Let's see:
-Buehrle grows up near St. Louis, is Cardinals fan
-Buehrle is in middle of great, or at least good, career with White Sox, including a World Series championship
-The year after his team's championship, his team fails to make the playoffs
-The team he was a fan of growing up makes the World Series
-He attends World Series game in St. Louis

Does any of this actually surprise someone? Can he not follow his boyhood team in peace?

QCIASOXFAN
10-28-2006, 02:41 AM
He was wearing a Cards hat.:unsure:

Milw
10-28-2006, 08:08 AM
He was wearing a Cards hat.:unsure:
That's the part that bothers me. I've got no problem with him attending the games, cheering on his boyhood team, even talking about wanting to play there someday. But once you don the red hat, that's a big step.

Mark Buehrle is, until further notice, a member of the Chicago White Sox. He owes it to the organization to always represent the White Sox in public, a key component of which is NOT wearing the memorabilia of another MLB team.

He wants to wear a St. Louis Blues hat, great. He wants to wear a St. Louis Rams jersey, fine. But under no circumstance should he be wearing any St. Louis Cardinals gear.

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 08:30 AM
That's the part that bothers me. I've got no problem with him attending the games, cheering on his boyhood team, even talking about wanting to play there someday. But once you don the red hat, that's a big step.

Mark Buehrle is, until further notice, a member of the Chicago White Sox. He owes it to the organization to always represent the White Sox in public, a key component of which is NOT wearing the memorabilia of another MLB team.

He wants to wear a St. Louis Blues hat, great. He wants to wear a St. Louis Rams jersey, fine. But under no circumstance should he be wearing any St. Louis Cardinals gear.

The White Sox don't own Mark Buehrle, and he doesn't have to wear a Sox hat 24/7 any more than I have to wear a CME t-shirt every time I go out just because I work there.

If Buerhle wears a Cards hat when he's playing, now that's a problem. :tongue: I'm assuming Ozzie would make him take it off.

Milw
10-28-2006, 08:34 AM
The White Sox don't own Mark Buehrle, and he doesn't have to wear a Sox hat 24/7 any more than I have to wear a CME t-shirt every time I go out just because I work there.

If Buerhle wears a Cards hat when he's playing, now that's a problem. :tongue: I'm assuming Ozzie would make him take it off.
I'm assuming CME is your employer ...

Agreed, you don't have to wear CME stuff in public. But you also shouldn't be wearing ABC stuff (or whatever your competing business is) in public.

To put another way: an executive for Chevy shouldn't be driving around in a Mitsubishi.

daveeym
10-28-2006, 09:37 AM

Agreed, you don't have to wear CME stuff in public. But you also shouldn't be wearing ABC stuff (or whatever your competing business is) in public.

To put another way: an executive for Chevy shouldn't be driving around in a Mitsubishi.
If I was playing for the cardinals last year, you better believe I'd be wearing a Sox hat during the World Series last year. Baseball's a game for men to behave like boys and Buerhle typifies that and shows what's right with the game. If he wants to wear the hat of his favorite team while growing up when their in the Series, well kudos to him.

Mickster
10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
The picture and information posted on the blog made the front page of the Trib's sports section. :rolleyes:

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 10:37 AM

Yes, CME is my employer; that's why I wrote "...just because I work there." :tongue:

If I want to wear a t-shirt from a competing exchange, say the ICE or NYMEX (but no longer the CBT, heh heh), I absolutely can and will. If I wear it TO WORK, my boss might say 'hey, lose the shirt' and that would be appropriate.

One's employer does not determine what someone wears in their off-time. It's illegal for an employer to do so.

Lip Man 1
10-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Is that the print edition? Because I don't see anything on this at their web site.

Lip

Mickster
10-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Is that the print edition? Because I don't see anything on this at their web site.

Lip

Print edition.

southside rocks
10-28-2006, 10:43 AM
It's on the website too. http://tinyurl.com/y3dkde

Milw
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Yes, CME is my employer; that's why I wrote "...just because I work there." :tongue:

If I want to wear a t-shirt from a competing exchange, say the ICE or NYMEX (but no longer the CBT, heh heh), I absolutely can and will. If I wear it TO WORK, my boss might say 'hey, lose the shirt' and that would be appropriate.

One's employer does not determine what someone wears in their off-time. It's illegal for an employer to do so.
OK, and if I was an investor in your company, I'd be pissed about it.

As an investor (so to speak) in the White Sox, I'm pissed that one of the company's most prominent employees is wearing the logo of a competitor. If you're not pissed, more power to you, but I am.

infohawk
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
This is exactly why the blogger's "scoop" isn't true. KW would never, every just let a starting pitcher go without getting anything in return. It just wouldn't happen. Buerhrle knows that too, so I'm sure that he doesn't really think there is any chance of KW not exercising his option and therefore wouldn't be telling people he hoped for the situation to occur. He may have joked along the lines of "Gee, wouldn't it be great if my option wasn't picked up and I signed with the Cardinals?" He can't really believe that's an actual possibility.

Regarding the continual backround story about Mark wanting to pitch for the Cardinals someday -- I have no problem with that. If I were a major league player, I'd want to play for the White Sox someday. Maybe it's something that shouldn't be said to the media, but the idea of a player wanting to play for his boyhood team is perfectly natural and not a sign of disloyalty but love for your boyhood team. Players can be fans, too.

schmitty9800
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Not only is this guy a hack, he's also dumb. KW would pick up the option and then deal him if he wants to let Mark go.

mjmcend
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Employees being fired for wearing their competitors apparel does have precedent.

Miller employee fired for drinking a Bud.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/4191531/detail.html

Not that I am saying Mark should be fired or let out of his contract, just that it is not illegal to fire someone for actions that 'create a conflict of interest'.

FedEx227
10-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Looks like Jered Weaver will be finding a new home then after yesterday. What an a-hole, supporting his brother like that.

Milw
10-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Looks like Jered Weaver will be finding a new home then after yesterday. What an a-hole, supporting his brother like that.
I didn't see it, was he wearing Cardinals apparel or merely cheering on the Cards? Big difference.

Either way, I'm not saying Mark should be released or even disciplined for wearing St. Louis gear, only that I as a White Sox fan resent it, and I can't imagine the Sox front office was thrilled about it either.

cleanwsox
10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I didn't see it, was he wearing Cardinals apparel or merely cheering on the Cards? Big difference.

Either way, I'm not saying Mark should be released or even disciplined for wearing St. Louis gear, only that I as a White Sox fan resent it, and I can't imagine the Sox front office was thrilled about it either.

He was decked out in a Cards ear warmer or whatever it was. This isn't a huge deal, if Mark wants to have fun... more to him. I just hope he can turn around his crappy performance of 2006.

FedEx227
10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
He was in full Cardinals get-up, which I have no problem with. He's not a slave, same goes for Buerhle, if he wants to wear Cardinals gear I have no problem with that, as long as when April comes around he does his job in our gear.

CLR01
10-28-2006, 02:25 PM
This thread has gone from dumb to dumber.

OMG....he was wearing Cardinals gear...burn him. :rolleyes: Jerry was in at the game last night what should we do with him? Shouldn't he be in a huddle with KW and Ozzie figuring out what went wrong with the Sox instead of taking in a WS game?

The picture and information posted on the blog made the front page of the Trib's sports section. :rolleyes:

It really is no surprise that the Tribune is in the trouble they are in.

TheOldRoman
10-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, but but but... the guy got a pitcure with Buehrle... so it HAS to be true.
:rolleyes:

michned
10-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Employees being fired for wearing their competitors apparel does have precedent.

Miller employee fired for drinking a Bud.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/4191531/detail.html

Not that I am saying Mark should be fired or let out of his contract, just that it is not illegal to fire someone for actions that 'create a conflict of interest'.

I don't think anything should be done about it, it's just inappropriate. But then again, with Buehrle's statements in the past about the Cards, he obviously feels it's okay. I worked for an RC bottler once, and you wouldn't dare be caught with a Pepsi or Coke bottle in your company vehicle. A fireable offense, no, but you'd get a major ass chewing from the owner.

The guy is a high-profile employee of another mlb club. Same goes for Weaver's kid brother.

CLR01
10-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't think anything should be done about it, it's just inappropriate. But then again, with Buehrle's statements in the past about the Cards, he obviously feels it's okay. I worked for an RC bottler once, and you wouldn't dare be caught with a Pepsi or Coke bottle in your company vehicle. A fireable offense, no, but you'd get a major ass chewing from the owner.

The guy is a high-profile employee of another mlb club. Same goes for Weaver's kid brother.

I worked for an RC bottler once, and you wouldn't dare be caught with a Pepsi or Coke bottle in your company vehicle.

Buehrle was not on company property, we was not in a company vehicle, he was not on company time and he was not there representing the Chicago White Sox or even Major League Baseball. He was there in his free time to watch his favortie team growing up win a world series.

For the record I hope someone told the owner of the bottling company where to shove his RC Cola. Maybe if he bottled a better beverage his employees would drink it.

jabrch
10-29-2006, 01:45 AM

And that would never happen...

The Racehorse
10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Even knowing Buerhle and his St Charles Missouri roots, the picture does beg to ask the obvious.

slavko
10-29-2006, 09:57 AM
If there was any tampering going on here, it was Mark tampering with himself, something that he's done several times in the past. I don't like looking at it, or listening to it. Grow up, Mark.

Imagine for a moment that the North Side Lovables were in the WS. Can you see Thome, who grew up a fan, wearing the Cubbie colors when he was in the employ of another team? Apparently being a multi-millionaire doesn't necessarily give a person any common sense.

munchman33
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
The only way Mark Buehrle pitches in a uniform other than a White Sox uniform next season is if Kenny Williams decides to trade him. Buehrle has way too much value not to at least pick up the option. He would get a ton in return.

FarWestChicago
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted. I used search and didn't see anything.

According to the following article (http://www.rivalfish.com/rivalroom/2006/10/rivalfish-breaks-first-real-news-story.html)...

* Buehrle has already spoken to the Cards
* Buehrle wants to sign with the Cardinals this offseason (If the option is not picked up)
* Buehrle was at game 3 in a Cards hatYawn...

Sox Fan 35
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
They sound like they are pretty proud of themselves for "breaking" this story.:rolleyes:

CLR01
10-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Even knowing Buerhle and his St Charles Missouri roots, the picture does beg to ask the obvious.

You're thinking Buehrle is going to quit baseball and go play football for Notre Dame too? It will be a very sad day. :(:

The Racehorse
10-29-2006, 10:11 PM
You're thinking Buehrle is going to quit baseball and go play football for Notre Dame too? It will be a very sad day. :(:

Well, I don't think he's going to the Cardinals next year because he's wearing their cap... I just think the obvious question, it I could ask him, would be "I know you grew up a Cardinals fan, but your all grown up now, so why are you wearing their cap?" Maybe I'm just a hard ass.

BTW, if Buehrle jumps ship and goes to Notre Dame, I quit following MLB altogether. :D:

the gooch
10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Buehrle was not on company property, we was not in a company vehicle, he was not on company time and he was not there representing the Chicago White Sox or even Major League Baseball. He was there in his free time to watch his favortie team growing up win a world series.
I know he was there on his own time, and he MIGHT have even paid for his own ticket, but it was his status of being a pitcher for the White Sox that got him access to those great seats. With that said, the only thing that would have made me mad would be if he celebrated in the lockerroom with the team.

He can wear whatever he wants until MLB contracts say otherwise. I would prefer, though I concede it makes no difference, if he wore SOMETHING White Sox in addition to the Cards hat. (even if it were only his WS ring.)

Hey Mark, my main concern is how you pitch next year. Work your ass off this offseason.

salty99
10-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Obviously I can't verify if this true or not.

http://www.rivalfish.com/rivalroom/2006/10/rivalfish-breaks-first-real-news-story.html

DumpJerry
10-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Search and ye shall find:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80580

jenn2080
10-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Dump says it best. This has been posted already. I love how we go from A rod A rod A rod to Mark Mark Mark. Who will we have a 100 threads on next week. The Sox and Kerry Wood?

thegooch
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Dump says it best. This has been posted already. I love how we go from A rod A rod A rod to Mark Mark Mark. Who will we have a 100 threads on next week. The Sox and Kerry Wood?

The Sox are gonna get Kerry Woods??? YES! :wink:

jenn2080
10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
The Sox are gonna get Kerry Woods??? YES! :wink:

Sshh that is next weeks topic. Dont jump the gun yet! :D:

Jerko
10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
The Cardinal hat is one thing, but what gives with that jacket??????????:rolleyes:

CLR01
10-30-2006, 11:42 AM
The Cardinal hat is one thing, but what gives with that jacket??????????:rolleyes:

That is actually the real story. He is going to quit baseball and try to walk on the ND football team. He just needs to gets his drinking problem under control.

Jerko
10-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Didn't somebody leave the Red Sox after the 2004 WS and "go back" wearing their Red Sox jersey while property of another team?? Derek Lowe IIRC. And i know a bunch of NHLers wore Ranger jerseys at Messier's number retirement while property of other teams.....

mjmcend
10-30-2006, 12:28 PM

The jacket just proves that Mark is quite intelligent and an all-around good guy.

DiGiSyKo
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
I was bored...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/Photoshop/Buehrle-Clown.jpg

Baby Fisk
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I was bored...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/Photoshop/Buehrle-Clown.jpg

POTW.

ewokpelts
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM

tell that to jared weaver.....no one seems to be giving him grief over him wearing cardinal gear in support of his bro

CLR01
10-30-2006, 01:50 PM
:whistle: (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0610290373oct29,1,530066.story) I'm sure the blogger knows more about the situation than Mark's agent does.

INSox56
10-30-2006, 04:46 PM
That is actually the real story. He is going to quit baseball and try to walk on the ND football team.

If he even attempted that I'd be forced to burn my burls jersey. I'm already trying to block out the image of him wearing that piece of soiled toilet paper jacket..........:(:

Milw
10-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Didn't somebody leave the Red Sox after the 2004 WS and "go back" wearing their Red Sox jersey while property of another team?? Derek Lowe IIRC. And i know a bunch of NHLers wore Ranger jerseys at Messier's number retirement while property of other teams.....
Yes, and Lowe got torched for it by Dodgers fans. And rightfully so. Wearing a competitor's logo in public is disrespectful.

CLR01
10-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes, and Lowe got torched for it by Dodgers fans. And rightfully so. Wearing a competitor's logo in public is disrespectful.

Only to the people who have nothing better to do than to wonder what Buehrle, or any other player, is doing with their free time.

Iguana775
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I saw a Pepsi driver buying Coke at walmart the other day. talk about disrespect!!!

Milw
10-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Only to the people who have nothing better to do than to wonder what Buehrle, or any other player, is doing with their free time.
I'm not wondering, I'm looking at a frickin photo.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm not wondering, I'm looking at a frickin photo.If it upsets you so much, stop looking at it. :wink:

CLR01
10-30-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm not wondering, I'm looking at a frickin photo.

Where's the Cardinal's logo in that picture? I've looked all over the picture and the only logo I can find is Notre Dame. You can't even tell if he is in Busch stadium. The hat? You see a red hat and an MLB logo. Maybe he is wearing one of these (http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1168173&cp=1452347.1452702) bad boys. You only know what the hack blogger who is trying to make a name for himself is telling you. But by all means continue your outrage over a picture of Buehrle disrespecting the Sox :rolleyes: in his free time even though you can't even tell if he is disrespecting the Sox :rolleyes: in said picture.

Maybe we should all sign a petition about this and send it to Brooks. Worth a try, I think.

fquaye149
10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Where's the Cardinal's logo in that picture? I've looked all over the picture and the only logo I can find is Notre Dame. You can't even tell if he is in Busch stadium. The hat? You see a red hat and an MLB logo. Maybe he is wearing one of these (http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1168173&cp=1452347.1452702) bad boys. You only know what the hack blogger who is trying to make a name for himself is telling you. But by all means continue your outrage over a picture of Buehrle disrespecting the Sox :rolleyes: in his free time even though you can't even tell if he is disrespecting the Sox :rolleyes: in said picture.

Maybe we should all sign a petition about this and send it to Brooks. Worth a try, I think.

He is going to reclaim his amateur status and be the true freshman leader of the Irish's 2007 championship run.

What? Haven't you heard?

edit: ah! I see you already heard rumor. But I guess you didn't hear he's SCHOLARSHIP. Top signing of the 2006 class. Jimmy Claussen is a wussy!

I heard all this on a blog, btw, so you KNOW it's true.

goon
10-31-2006, 01:56 AM
real mature, deion.