PDA

View Full Version : Nippon Ham champs of Japan

ondafarm
10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
The Nippon Ham Fighters who now play in Sapporo have defeated my beloved Chunichi Dragons four games to one to win the Japan Professional Baseball Series. This marks the third straight Pacific League victory over the Central League. Next year the CL will add the PL's playoff system in which the third and second place teams play for a chance to play the first place team for the pennant and a shot at the other league's champion.

FielderJones
10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
The Nippon Ham Fighters who now play in Sapporo have defeated my beloved Chunichi Dragons four games to one to win the Japan Professional Baseball Series.

Are any of the Central League or Pacific League teams "scum-laden"?

ondafarm
10-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Are any of the Central League or Pacific League teams "scum-laden"?

Compared to the Tokyo Giants, the Yankee$ play on a level field with the rest of the league.

Wsoxmike59
10-28-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.paleocurrents.com/img/homer_drool.JPG

Hmmmm.......Nippon Ham. <drool> :D:

DoItForDanPasqua
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I wonder if they could beat the Cardinals.

Trav
10-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Talking about the Giants, I read one quote from an owner of a team that wasn't the Giants. "The ideal situation would be if the Giants came in first and we came in second."

That's a fan...

DSpivack
10-29-2006, 02:16 AM
I wonder if they could beat the Cardinals.

Bobby Valentine was wondering the same thing last year about the Sox.

ondafarm
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Bobby Valentine was wondering the same thing last year about the Sox.

I think something like inviting the Japanese champion to spring training where they can play the World Series champion several times during March. It'd probably jumble up the Grapefruit League or the Cactus League schedule a bit. I don't think that should be an issue though.