PDA

View Full Version : Giants pry Bochy from Pads

oeo
10-27-2006, 12:49 AM
With Bruce Bochy set to go to Japan on Monday to manage a group of major leaguers in an exhibition tour, the Giants had to move fast to pry him away from the Padres.

That's apparently just what they did. The San Jose Mercury News reported Thursday that discussions late into the night had resulted in a deal between San Francisco and Bochy, who managed the San Diego Padres to first place in the National League West last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2640133

PKalltheway
10-27-2006, 01:27 AM
So ends the Bruce Bochy era in San Diego.

gf2020
10-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Can you really use the word "pry" when the Padres had him under contract and let him leave?

MUsoxfan
10-27-2006, 02:22 AM
I understand the fact that $$ has most things to do in MLB, however I also respect loyalty. To leave one NL West team to join another is a slap in the face to the Padres and their fans

MUsoxfan
10-27-2006, 02:23 AM
I understand the fact that $$ has most things to do in MLB, however I also respect loyalty. To leave one NL West team to join another is a slap in the face to the Padres and their fans

buehrle4cy05
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
I still don't get why San Diego let him go. They've improved for the last two years and made the playoffs...and now it's too late to hire Girardi, who's going into broadcasting for the year. They might get stuck with Jerry Manuel as their manager. :rolling:

munchman33
10-27-2006, 01:31 PM

San Diego could've had him, but the new ownership didn't want to give him a long term deal. He wasn't their guy. Why get mad at Bochey for signing with a team that did think he was their guy?

TheOldRoman
10-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I still don't get why San Diego let him go. They've improved for the last two years and made the playoffs...and now it's too late to hire Girardi, who's going into broadcasting for the year. They might get stuck with Jerry Manuel as their manager. :rolling:
:jerry
"He Piazza, have you ever tried centerfield?"