PDA

View Full Version : What's the score?

Oblong
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I did a search on this to find the answer and came up with nothing so forgive me for asking.

What's the basis for naming this forum "What's the score?" I think I know but I want to ask first.

Thanks

Iwritecode
10-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I did a search on this to find the answer and came up with nothing so forgive me for asking.

What's the basis for naming this forum "What's the score?" I think I know but I want to ask first.

Thanks

I believe it's the most common question asked by the "fans" at Wrigley Field.

Well, that and "Where's Sammy?"

:)

Oblong
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
my guess would have been from Ferris Bueller's day off where the principal asked that cook "What's the score?" and he said "Nothing, nothing", "Who's winning?" "The Bears!"

At least that's what I always think of when I see it.

I want Mags back
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
my guess would have been from Ferris Bueller's day off where the principal asked that cook "What's the score?" and he said "Nothing, nothing", "Who's winning?" "The Bears!"

Such a funny scene

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-26-2006, 07:31 PM

In all seriousness, It's what cub fans say at cub games. "Hey dude...What's the score??" (they're DRUNK)

Palehose13
10-26-2006, 07:51 PM

That pretty much sums up the majority of cub "fans".

Daver
10-26-2006, 07:52 PM
I believe it's the most common question asked by the "fans" at Wrigley Field.

Well, that and "Where's Sammy?"

:)

When I came up with the name for this forum it was because of that, and it is also a subtle dig at a certain sportsblab radio station here in Chicago.

areilly
10-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I find myself throwing it out as an insult to people every now and then.

Person: "Is the lake east of the city?"
Me: "Dude, what's the score?"