PDA

View Full Version : My friend was wearing a Tigers hat

ihatethecubs
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
I went to hang out with my friend the other day and I noticed he was wearing a backwards cap that was dark blue with a blue and white MLB logo on it. I knew what it meant and immediately ordered him to turn it around and sure enough it had that white old english "D" on the front! He claims he's a huge Sox fan and we go to games together and he owns lots of Sox stuff, but how could he do that!? Tell me what you think of a Sox fan wearing a Tigers hat so I can show him how wrong he is.

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Time to go buy a new pair of pants. The ones I have new are starting to get holes in the knees.

Oh wait, this is about a hat in the Clubhouse? Better to claim it than to have it finds its way to the trash bin.

:rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
10-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Wow, we have a staff member named ihatethecubs who has been around since 2001. Who are you???

And your friend is a tool IMO. Of course, if the Mets were in the WS I'd be running around in Mets gear, also making me a tool (in the discriminating eyes of WSI).

WizardsofOzzie
10-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow, we have a staff member named ihatethecubs who has been around since 2001. Who are you???
Lurking i suppose. Look at the post history, there is sometimes 2 months inbetween posts. And in response to the question at hand, tell him to stay on that bandwagon because we don't need any bandwagon jumpers

mcfish
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
The timing is questionable I guess, but maybe he just likes hats. In addition to multiple Sox hats, I have hats representing the Brewers, Royals, Cardinals, Pirates, Red Sox, Marlins, and Rockies.

Do you think it unacceptable for a Sox fan to root for the Tigers in the World Series? I would have to disagree with that. I am rooting for them simply because I wanted the AL to win this year, no matter the team (except the Yankees - I'm tired of all things New York sports). If I wanted the Cardinals to win, I would certainly be wearing my Cardinals hat this week.

cheeses_h_rice
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Christ. Who gives a ****?

chisoxmike
10-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I went to hang out with my friend the other day and I noticed he was wearing a backwards cap that was dark blue with a blue and white MLB logo on it. I knew what it meant and immediately ordered him to turn it around and sure enough it had that white old english "D" on the front! He claims he's a huge Sox fan and we go to games together and he owns lots of Sox stuff, but how could he do that!? Tell me what you think of a Sox fan wearing a Tigers hat so I can show him how wrong he is.

Damn. He is a trader. Plan and simple. It's one thing to be rooting for them because "they are in out divison" (although I say **** that, go Cards!) but then to go out and support them with your cold hard $$$$. That's just wrong man, wrong.

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Damn. He is a trader. Plan and simple. It's one thing to be rooting for them because "they are in out divison" (although I say **** that, go Cards!) but then to go out and support them with your cold hard $$$$. That's just wrong man, wrong.

A day trader or does he work on the floor? I only trade in secrets.

Nellie_Fox
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
A day trader or does he work on the floor? I only trade in secrets.C'mon, it's obvious. He's a hat trader.

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
C'mon, it's obvious. He's a hat trader.

But this then begs the question: Is trading a Sox cap for a Tigers cap an act of defeat or an act of heroism? By trading the Sox cap, yet another soul who walks the Earth will be pushing a Pale Hose agenda. The tigers cap could be worn once to save face and then cast aside like a banana peel. On the other hand, parting with a Sox cap could be hazardous to one's health or sanity.

I'm gonna sit this one out and see which way the Winds blow.

Iwritecode
10-26-2006, 10:42 AM

I remember him. I think he's the one that runs the anti-cubs website.

jenn2080
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Your friend is an ass plain and simple. While I am rooting for the Tigers I would never go and buy any merchandise to support them. **** that noise!

spiffie
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
What if he bought it during the ALCS to show just how much he hates Billy Beane?

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Your friend is an ass plain and simple. While I am rooting for the Tigers I would never go and buy any merchandise to support them. **** that noise!

Maybe he stole the hat right off of Ordonez's poofy mane. Would that be acceptable or would this be something to get the authorities involved with?

I can't believe this is even a thread...

chisoxmike
10-26-2006, 10:48 AM
A day trader or does he work on the floor? I only trade in secrets.

:redface:

Oops, traitor.

soxinem1
10-26-2006, 10:54 AM
The only baseball team hat I wear other than my Sox hats are for my little league teams.

Myrtle72
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
It seems like your friend just isn't a very loyal Sox fan.:dunno:

DumpJerry
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Leave it up to Jenn to provide the concise and succinct analysis missing is the other postings.

Skottyj wears hats from several MLB teams while at Sox games. While he is a Trader, nobody has accused him of being a traitor.

Myrtle72
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Skottyj wears hats from several MLB teams while at Sox games. While he is a Trader, nobody has accused him of being a traitor.

I'm sure it depends on the team he is representing.

twentywontowin
10-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm wearing my 1977 Expos hat, does that make me a traitor? :D:

skottyj242
10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Leave it up to Jenn to provide the concise and succinct analysis missing is the other postings.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/6/medium/sox2_081.jpg (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1594&size=big&cat=6)

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM

Yeah, but he did almost get a beatdown after a Sox home game when some rambunctious teens noticed his Reds cap. In fact, it was located right where that photo above was taken.

skottyj242
10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but he did almost get a beatdown after a Sox home game when some rambunctious teens noticed his Reds cap. In fact, it was located right where that photo above was taken.

Thank god you're a PE or that situation could have gotten way out of hand.

eriqjaffe
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Maybe his friend is just a really big fan of "Magnum, P.I."?

LongLiveFisk
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
To me this is no worse than Cubs fans buying Astros caps to root against the Sox last year. Now THAT is stupid.

skottyj242
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I wear many hats but only of National League teams.

twsoxfan5
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
The timing is questionable I guess, but maybe he just likes hats. In addition to multiple Sox hats, I have hats representing the Brewers, Royals, Cardinals, Pirates, Red Sox, Marlins, and Rockies.

Do you think it unacceptable for a Sox fan to root for the Tigers in the World Series? I would have to disagree with that. I am rooting for them simply because I wanted the AL to win this year, no matter the team (except the Yankees - I'm tired of all things New York sports). If I wanted the Cardinals to win, I would certainly be wearing my Cardinals hat this week.

I too own a lot of hats and I have a throwback Cards hat from LIDS, but I dont allow myself to buy hats from the American League especially the Central. That usually keeps me out of trouble with my Sox friends. I think I would give my friend crap if he a had Tigers hat on but some people like myself just like hats.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I wear many hats but only of National League teams.
Yes! To save some face, I'd like to point out that the only non-Sox hats I wear are NY Mets hats, and a throwback St. Louis Browns hat because of the connection to Bill Veeck. Check it out:

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/200000/204500/204512/Products/9802948.jpg
Beauty, eh?

twsoxfan5
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Do you always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I don't think I have seen a positive post from you.

Kilroy
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM

Cheering for the Tigers puts you in the same category as the ass. Traitor. No way in hell any Sox fan should be pulling for Jagglio to get a ring.

DumpJerry
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Yes! To save some face, I'd like to point out that the only non-Sox hats I wear are NY Mets hats, and a throwback St. Louis Browns hat because of the connection to Bill Veeck. Check it out:

http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/200000/204500/204512/Products/9802948.jpg
Beauty, eh?
Remember, that team is still around. They call themselves the Baltimore Orioles. I still cry when I think about the '83 ALCS.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Remember, that team is still around. They call themselves the Baltimore Orioles. I still cry when I think about the '83 ALCS.
My affinity for that franchise is limited to the brief Veeck era (early 50s?).

jenn2080
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Do you always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I don't think I have seen a positive post from you.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh would you like me to say Oh yippy your friend is awesome for supporting another team and going out there and buying a hat? I will keep that in mind next time. I guess everyone in this thread woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Baby Fisk
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Jenn is very passionate and also very nice. No need to be knocking people.

jenn2080
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM

Oh Baby Fisk....thanks Doll! :redface: You will always have a special place with me. :tongue:

CPditka
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Well, time to confess. Ive worn my Tigers hat a few times since the playoffs began. I have strange family ties to them, and the hat was given to me by my grandpa when I was younger. Of course I'm a die hard Sox fan, but I wish the Tigers well. And thus the hierarchy of my Teams is #1 Sox...........#2 Tigers.

I doubt your friend has a story like that about his Tiger hat, so that would make him a bandwagon jumper. But he may have some random story like that, but probably not. If he doesn't, hes a tool.

skottyj242
10-26-2006, 02:29 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh would you like me to say Oh yippy your friend is awesome for supporting another team and going out there and buying a hat? I will keep that in mind next time. I guess everyone in this thread woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I actually woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.

twsoxfan5
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM

I'm not knocking, I'm inquiring.

PalehosePlanet
10-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know but more and more it seems like everyone here on the friggin' north side is a Michigan transplant. Very, very, very annoying!!

When the retro cap phase started in the late '80's/early 90's I'll admit I had some throwback caps of different teams (only NL, Negro League or defunct) but nowaday would never dream of wearing anything than a Sox hat. Besides, not all, but alot of Cards fans that I know dig the Sox as their AL team -- Cub hate being the primary reason it seems. For that reason Im cheering on the birds.

BTW: Happy Anniversary All!!

Myrtle72
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm not knocking, I'm inquiring.

One could say that her passion for various topics on this board is stimulating to the conversation and provides for much more interesting discussions.

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, time to confess. Ive worn my Tigers hat a few times since the playoffs began. I have strange family ties to them, and the hat was given to me by my grandpa when I was younger. Of course I'm a die hard Sox fan, but I wish the Tigers well. And thus the hierarchy of my Teams is #1 Sox...........#2 Tigers.

I doubt your friend has a story like that about his Tiger hat, so that would make him a bandwagon jumper. But he may have some random story like that, but probably not. If he doesn't, hes a tool.

Traitor! You go to Hell! You go to Hell and you die!

:tongue:

CPditka
10-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Traitor! You go to Hell! You go to Hell and you die!

:tongue:

Jokes, jokes, jokes. You've got jokes. And some teal paint.

buehrle4cy05
10-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll wear apparel of other teams (Ichiro shirt, Nationals hat, etc.), but I will never wear anything with a logo of any AL Central team on it. I'll also never root for those teams. I can't even fathom rooting for Detroit right now. Rooting for Detroit now would be on par with rooting for Minnesota or Cleveland for me.

minutia
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I won't wear any other teams clothing except the White Sox. I refuse to spend money that way. IMO it is counterproductive to root for the Tigers since the Sox compete in the same division whereas the Cardinals are in the same division but a different league. We play them maybe once every other year in interleague play depending on what MLB decides. We have to box it out with the Tigers from day one. I also really like Tony LaRussa and Abert Pujols and would like to see them win.

23Ventura
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm rooting for Detroit now because they're in the AL, but I would never wear a Tigers hat, or any other Major League team that isn't the Sox.

Scottiehaswheels
10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I actually woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.
HA who you fooling... You're just happy to have woken up in a bed and not on the floor somewhere :gulp: :gulp:

CPditka
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I will never wear my Tigers hat while the Sox are still playing. That is my rule. If I want to wear another hat during season it must be NL. (Almost exclusively Brewers throwback..Ive got a buddy who works for them). Other than that if the Sox are still playing its all I wear. Trust me, when I see people with Indians or Twins stuff I want to punch them in the face. But Tigers to me are just all right, at least for now.

QCIASOXFAN
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Who does this?:dunno:

LuvSox
10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
**** that noise!

You're right, the 80's did rock.

pearso66
10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Personally, I have no problem with the Tigers. It could be the 4 1/2 years I spent in East Lansing, MI and have a lot of Tiger fan friends, or it could be the fact that the Tigers have sucked for as long as I can remember, and havn't been competing for playoff berths with the Sox like the Twins and Indians. On the other hand, my mom's side of the family is from St. Louis, and are huge Cardinal fans. So this is one World Series I will be happy with whoever wins.

But with that said, I wouldn't buy a hat from any other team than the Sox, but it doesn't bother me that your friend is showing support of the team he is rooting for in the World Series. There are a lot of people who would rather see the AL win because the Sox are in the AL, or even see the AL Central win since everyone has alwyas said that the AL Central is the weakest division in the MLB (not anymore of course). I am just happy the teams I was rooting for in the NL and AL since the playoffs started, both made the World Series.

I want Mags back
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM

And your friend is a tool IMO. Of course, if the Mets were in the WS I'd be running around in Mets gear, also making me a tool (in the discriminating eyes of WSI).
big difference though. the mets arent one of our top rivals

i pity anything detroit, therefore Ihatethecubs, ur friend is a POS. and who are you anyways...

PKalltheway
10-27-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't like the Tigers, but I don't have a deep, seething hatred for them like I do towards the Twins and Red Sox. Those two teams can rot in hell for all I care. The rest of the AL I don't really care for except for the White Sox and GASP...Oakland! I'll admit that I am a fan of Oakland (not a fan of Billy Beane though). My three favorite teams are (in order): The White Sox, Reds, and A's.

skottyj242
10-27-2006, 01:33 PM
HA who you fooling... You're just happy to have woken up in a bed and not on the floor somewhere :gulp: :gulp:

You know me all too well.