PDA

View Full Version : List of

Daver
03-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Remaining FA's as of today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=8110709

RedPinStripes
03-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Not 1 is worth picking up either. Is Alex Fernandez ever going to pitch again?

doublem23
03-03-2002, 06:45 PM
In reference to Fernandez, probably not. It's a real shame, too.

What the hell happened to Jeff Shaw? I remember a few years ago the guy was a stud... What did I miss?

czalgosz
03-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
In reference to Fernandez, probably not. It's a real shame, too.

What the hell happened to Jeff Shaw? I remember a few years ago the guy was a stud... What did I miss?

Shaw's been hurt. He's already said that if he can't play for either the Reds or Tribe he'll retire.

Dadawg_77
03-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Question: Why do the guys who plan to retire file? In the NBA and NFL I know there are cap questions, but why do it in baseball? Is it just in case they want to make a comeback?

Daver
03-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Question: Why do the guys who plan to retire file? In the NBA and NFL I know there are cap questions, but why do it in baseball? Is it just in case they want to make a comeback?

In some cases they will turn down arbitration,file and retire to gain the team a sandwich pivk in the draft.

czalgosz
03-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by daver

In some cases they will turn down arbitration,file and retire to gain the team a sandwich pivk in the draft.

In others, I'm sure it's to leave the door open for an offer they can't refuse.

LongDistanceFan
03-03-2002, 08:36 PM
didn't alex announce his retirement sometime during the winter

baggio202
03-03-2002, 09:24 PM
as bad as our lefties have pitched out of the pen so far..and looking at their histories...i think is give lance painter a shot...gheezz..that guy sux...and he looks good right now..hahahaha

kermittheefrog
03-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Wow all those guys are retired, suck or are in jail for cocaine possesion.

btw - Alex Fernandez anounced his retirement over the winter.

RedPinStripes
03-04-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Wow all those guys are retired, suck or are in jail for cocaine possesion.

lol! Sox had enough druggies on the 83 team.

kermittheefrog
03-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

lol! Sox had enough druggies on the 83 team.

Well Ken Caminiti is the only one who fits the jailed on possesion category but if Crede can't break through I'd imagine Caminit wouldn't either. Then again he is a veteran, Kenny favorite type of player, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny shared Caminiti's zest for crack.

RedPinStripes
03-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Well Ken Caminiti is the only one who fits the jailed on possesion category but if Crede can't break through I'd imagine Caminit wouldn't either. Then again he is a veteran, Kenny favorite type of player, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny shared Caminiti's zest for crack.

I think KW was on crack this morning on espn radio.