PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod will NOT be traded (Scott Boras)

Fenway
10-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Scott Boras, who negotiated Rodriguez's 10-year, $252 million contract, said he recently got a phone call from Cashman in which the GM was adamant that Rodriguez isn't going anywhere.

"Brian Cashman and I had a discussion and he made it clear that he has no intention of trading Alex," Boras told the Daily News, "and I told him that Alex Rodriguez has a no-trade clause."

Boras then added, "There will be no movement of Alex Rodriguez this offseason."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/465011p-391290c.html

chisoxmike
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
So guys, I have a trade idea, we could trade Kenny Williams, Juan Uribe and Mark Buehrle for Brian Cashman and A-Rod. I think the Yankees would go for it. Discuss.

:tongue:

MUsoxfan
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Scott Boras' nose is getting longer as we speak

southside rocks
10-25-2006, 01:56 PM
So guys, I have a trade idea, we could trade Kenny Williams, Juan Uribe and Mark Buehrle for Brian Cashman and A-Rod. I think the Yankees would go for it. Discuss.

:tongue:

I think you'd have to throw in Brandon McCarthy. But the Yankees might give Kyle Farnsworth, so it'd be worth it.

MrX
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I believe him. Boras has already got his money out of A-Rod, if he can get Crede to the Yankees he could get a huge payday for himself from what he can fleece the Yankees for.

Ol' No. 2
10-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Scott Boras, who negotiated Rodriguez's 10-year, $252 million contract, said he recently got a phone call from Cashman in which the GM was adamant that Rodriguez isn't going anywhere.

"Brian Cashman and I had a discussion and he made it clear that he has no intention of trading Alex," Boras told the Daily News, "and I told him that Alex Rodriguez has a no-trade clause."

Boras then added, "There will be no movement of Alex Rodriguez this offseason."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/465011p-391290c.htmlTranslation: Rodriguez is packing as we speak.

jenn2080
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
A day is not a day without an A-Rod thread. That man is not leaving the yanks.

palehozenychicty
10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Translation: Rodriguez is packing as we speak.

Exactly. I can't imagine this guy on the Pinstripes next year. If some of you saw the headlines in the dailies THIS year....

MUsoxfan
10-25-2006, 03:18 PM
That man is not leaving the yanks.

He's as good as gone. I hope he didn't renew the lease on his apartment

whitesoxfan1986
10-25-2006, 03:31 PM
A day is not a day without an A-Rod thread. That man is not leaving the yanks.
I'm sick of A-Rod threads too, Jenn. Why don't we think of ways to improve the Sox other than him?

RKMeibalane
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm sick of A-Rod threads too, Jenn. Why don't we think of ways to improve the Sox other than him?

Don't worry. I'm working on a series of Ryan Howard trade ideas. :cool:

Flight #24
10-25-2006, 04:13 PM

Translation: He's staying home today, because he still lives in NY and can't show his face in public. Besides, he's too busy packing to go anywhere the next few days.

Translation: Cashman has no intention. Big Stein is another matter.

Boras says Alex "finds nothing negative" about NY, that "he wants to stay", and that "Alex has a no-trade clause". What he doesn't say is that Alex will use his NTC to stay in NY.

He may stay because it's tough to strike a deal with a player & contract of that magnitude. But this article doesn't really say anything substantive.

skottyj242
10-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Boras pretty much has no say in this.

MDF3530
10-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Boras pretty much has no say in this.Actually, he does. Remember, A-Rod has a no-trade clause in his contract, which he could waive for the right amount of $$$.

lakeviewsoxfan
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
:deadhorse::borass:

PennStater98r
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't worry. I'm working on a series of Ryan Howard trade ideas. :cool:

I a working on a series of Nolan Ryan ideas - don't we need pitching?

Ziggy S
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm working on a deal that involved an unprecedented five-way trade (no innuendo please) getting us Johan Santana, Ichiro, Carl Crawford, Derek Lee, and Mike Cameron. Only Ken Williams will get the memo until the deal is done, for he is the only one on a need-to-know basis and he shares my Secret Clearance.