View Full Version : nother pic of JB in action

Chisox_cali
07-30-2001, 07:47 PM
http://www.dodgers2001.com/2001album/images/july/729baldwin.jpg

still gonna miss 'um

WinningUgly!
07-30-2001, 08:22 PM
"still gonna miss 'um"

Not me! The guy never came up big when we needed him to. Nobody ever killed a winning streak like JB!

PutItOnTheBoard
07-30-2001, 09:01 PM
Did you watch the playoffs last year? Or were you vacationing in Europe or something?

Not to mention that fact that we wouldn't have made the playoffs without his 14 wins.

doublem23
07-30-2001, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Not me! The guy never came up big when we needed him to. Nobody ever killed a winning streak like JB!

Game 3
2000 ALDS

Probably the best game I've ever seen pitched by a Sox pitcher, given all the circumstances.

I will miss JB. That doesn't mean I don't support the trade (I'm more upset the Kenny Williams proved he's a moron). He doesn't look right without #37 on his back.

Kilroy
07-30-2001, 09:38 PM
You know, you're right. JB should be wearing 37.
That BLOWS. Maybe JB will come back to the Sox as a free agent. If the price is right, it could happen. Indians traded Lofton, and after that half season in Atlanta, he went right back to Cleveland. Stranger things have happened...

doublem23
07-30-2001, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
You know, you're right. JB should be wearing 37.
That BLOWS. Maybe JB will come back to the Sox as a free agent. If the price is right, it could happen. Indians traded Lofton, and after that half season in Atlanta, he went right back to Cleveland. Stranger things have happened...

I'm sorry, Kilroy, but it ain't gonna happen.

:reinsy
Blackjack won a Cy Young and he cost too much.

WinningUgly!
07-30-2001, 09:49 PM
Did you watch the playoffs last year? Or were you vacationing in Europe or something?

Not to mention that fact that we wouldn't have made the playoffs without his 14 wins.

Yeah, I did catch the playoffs last year. I also caught the 2nd half of last season...the part where JB might as well have been vacationing in Europe! After May 26 last season, he was 7-7 with a 5.67 ERA. Face it the guy was nothing more than a one half pitcher. He pulled an occasional gem outta his ass, but got rocked a hell of a lot more times than he came up big.