PDA

View Full Version : Alan Trammell joins the cubs..

JermaineDye05
10-23-2006, 06:06 PM
signed a two year contract to be the cubs new bench coach, now they just need a pitching coach and they should be back in third place

TDog
10-23-2006, 06:11 PM
It seems a little unusual for the Cubs to be hiring such prominent people who have no ties to their organization. Considering the Cubs organization, that might be to their advantage.

MUsoxfan
10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm glad he's back in the game. I thought he might be going off the deep-end seeing as what's going on with his former team right now

RKMeibalane
10-23-2006, 06:26 PM
This might actually turn out to be a good move. I hope Trammell eventually gets another chance to manage somewhere, as it's too bad that "Mr. Tiger" didn't get his team back into contention in Detroit.

Robb
10-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Good guy but a bit of an odd choice?

QCIASOXFAN
10-24-2006, 12:14 AM
It seems a little unusual for the Cubs to be hiring such prominent people who have no ties to their organization. Considering the Cubs organization, that might be to their advantage.
I have to agree with you on this, these are great baseball minds. I have to say during the Pinellea press conference he looked a lot dumber when he put that flubs hat on.:redneck So I assume the same for Trammell.

ondafarm
10-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Good for Trammel and good for the Flubs. He's a smart guy, he'll actually help the infielders on the team. And I for one can't wait until he gets back into management, perhaps a little wiser than the last time he managed.

chaerulez
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Well, you got it right on in your second sentence. Only the stupidest of Cubs fans would care if the people they hire have organizational history. Who cares? Trammell had a lot of history with the Tigers and look where that got him. These are the same Cubs fans crying that they did sign Girardi. Girardi could have done a good job as the Cubs manager for all we know, but having a history with the team doesn't increase that chance.

downstairs
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm glad he's back in the game. I thought he might be going off the deep-end seeing as what's going on with his former team right now

The Cubs are the deep end.

tebman
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
The Cubs are the deep end.

:rolling:

(...wiping eyes...hoo!) Seriously, Alan Trammell's a good baseball guy. I feel sorry for him and for Piniella because their careers will go into a cul-de-sac now that they've been hired by the Cubs.

After a couple of years of listening to the Tribune bosses tell them about the mystique of Cubness, they'll either leave sadly or be fired ignominously.

downstairs
10-24-2006, 02:45 PM
:rolling:

(...wiping eyes...hoo!) Seriously, Alan Trammell's a good baseball guy. I feel sorry for him and for Piniella because their careers will go into a cul-de-sac now that they've been hired by the Cubs.

After a couple of years of listening to the Tribune bosses tell them about the mystique of Cubness, they'll either leave sadly or be fired ignominously.

I mean, I know none of their managers since 1601 have ever managed again. How about coaches becoming managers? Players becoming managers? Has anyone had managerial/GM success after the Cubs in any fashion?

chisoxmike
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Actually, I think the best thing for the Cubs to do is rid themselves of all coaches with Cubs ties. (Well, not the best for us) The more coaches they hire with "Cubdom" in their blood, the more they will fail.

October26
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I have alot of respect for Alan Trammell so I'm wondering what made him sign with the Cubs?:?: :?: :?:

Baby Fisk
10-25-2006, 08:44 AM
The reaction from my buddy the Tigers fan:

I guess they like the basement.