PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 10-23

Lip Man 1
10-23-2006, 06:06 PM
"But I think it's different now. With the Red Sox winning the World Series, the Cubs coming close, people are talking about baseball now."--Curtis Granderson to Phil Rogers of the Tribune.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lip

RKMeibalane
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
"But I think it's different now. With the Red Sox winning the World Series, the Cubs coming close, people are talking about baseball now."--Curtis Granderson to Phil Rogers of the Tribune.

Lip

Why does everyone insist on linking the Red Sox and Cubs together? The Red Sox were never a bad team. They just didn't win the WS. The Cubs have flat-out sucked for almost a century. There is no comparison there!

SABRSox
10-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Why does everyone insist on linking the Red Sox and Cubs together? The Red Sox were never a bad team. They just didn't win the WS. The Cubs have flat-out sucked for almost a century. There is no comparison there!

http://images.wndu.com/news/pics/pic_22246.jpg and http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/ruth_babe_4.jpg

Forever linked by a lack of accountability in players and management.

vegyrex
10-23-2006, 07:22 PM

I know, its so weird how they're linked

Robb
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Length of time (before 04) of championships, age of parks, "curses"...

chisoxmike
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM

Lip

To: Curtis
Reg: Your dumb ass comment

In order to "come close" to winning a World Series, you must be in one.

:peehttp://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_434158.jpg

sox647
10-24-2006, 12:20 AM

Lip

oh yeah, noone was talking about baseball in '05

****ing moron

areilly
10-24-2006, 01:16 AM

Lip

But those two teams did have people talking about baseball. I honestly can't think of anything that caused more salivation by my baseball fan friends (regardless of where their actual loyalties lie) than the prospect of a Red Sox-Cubs World Series in 2003.

People like old ballparks. People like "curses." People are also stupid. Teams with fables and relics on their side make for more marketable entertainment than teams that quietly stay in the middle of the pack for a few decades.