PDA

View Full Version : Calm down, but what if Lofton........

MaggPipes
03-03-2002, 12:44 PM
just totaly BLOWS this year, do you bring up Borhcard and cut Lofton send him down? I think Rauch and Borchard will be up near the break......with Rauch taking somones SP postion possibly Parque or if the 5th starter is struggling.....Those who are worried about our 1-3 combo if we make the playoffs shouldn't be....

Buerhle-ok
Ritchie-Iffy
Parque-do you really trust Jim?
Garland-break out
Rauch-break out?

You could end up with a Buehrle-Garland-Rauch playoff rotation.....if that is it that means that they are playing well, and we are seeing these phenoms come of age....

voodoochile
03-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
just totaly BLOWS this year, do you bring up Borhcard and cut Lofton send him down? I think Rauch and Borchard will be up near the break......with Rauch taking somones SP postion possibly Parque or if the 5th starter is struggling.....Those who are worried about our 1-3 combo if we make the playoffs shouldn't be....

Buerhle-ok
Ritchie-Iffy
Parque-do you really trust Jim?
Garland-break out
Rauch-break out?

You could end up with a Buehrle-Garland-Rauch playoff rotation.....if that is it that means that they are playing well, and we are seeing these phenoms come of age....

I think those answers depend on the players themselves. If Borchard cuts down on his K's and is on a hot streak, then he comes up and plays, if not - we give Rowand a crack and see what happens.

Rauch may have just upped his chances of making the team out of ST, especially if Butter continues to struggle and Rauch continues to tear it up. Nice to see him get time in AAA, but he has more talent than Glover, and the Sox need Glover in the pen, IMO. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox bring up Rauch mid-season and offer Parque, Glover or Wright (man I hope not - this kid is going to be real good, IMO), or some combination of them and minor leaguers as tradebait for a veteran C and a future SS.

Still hoping the Sox manage to trade for a veteran starter at some point this season - the sooner the better...

Time will tell...

Daver
03-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Rocky Biddle will be in the starting rotation when he gets healthy.

voodoochile
03-03-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by daver
Rocky Biddle will be in the starting rotation when he gets healthy.

Daver, I like Biddle. I think he has decent stuff and a great attitude, but what has he ever done to deserve this unswerving devotion? Also, don't you mean IF he gets healthy? This guy has the worse luck than Simmons.

BTW, what's the latest on Rocky? Is he going to be out for the year or not?

Daver
03-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Daver, I like Biddle. I think he has decent stuff and a great attitude, but what has he ever done to deserve this unswerving devotion? Also, don't you mean IF he gets healthy? This guy has the worse luck than Simmons.

BTW, what's the latest on Rocky? Is he going to be out for the year or not?

He will be back by May.

Aside from Buerhle Biddle is the best the Sox have IMO,based on his stuff and his mound presence.

CubKilla
03-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Biddle pitched well in alot of starts last season. I remember he was owning the Cubs at Comiskey during the second game of the first series at Comiskey. Then he forgot to take his anti-inflammatories and the rest is history. If he returns in May, I look for him to be in the starting rotation.

I don't think we'll see Borchard this season unless he is the every day starter or Lee and/or Maggs get injured. If Lofton blows, I think JM will be more inclined to put Rowand in at CF.

And if the White Sox are in contention come the second-half, you may see Rauch/Glover/Wright in spot starts similar to the way JM used Biddle/Garland/K. Wells in 2000 assuming an Opening Day starter is scheduled to miss a start to heal a strain and/or is injured.

harwar
03-04-2002, 08:33 AM
By the all-star break i see Garland,Buerhle,Ritchie as the top 3,after that its up for grabs.Although i think Buerhle will be good this year,he threw more innings than ever before and Ritchie will give us a lot of innings but will they be more good than bad or just all mediocre.