PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how the Cubune will spin this story?

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Fox News Chicago had a story on a guy who's been robbing banks in Chicago the past few months.

One of his distinguishing characteristics is the particular cap he wears during his crimes. Below is a screenshot of the cap and his particular nickname. I think you'll like.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8562/img6305rq7.jpg

LuvSox
10-21-2006, 10:46 PM
He's using a Cubs hat to throw detectives off the trail. He resides on the South Side and has White Sox season tickets.

samram
10-21-2006, 10:50 PM
He's using a Cubs hat to throw detectives off the trail. He resides on the South Side and has White Sox season tickets.

:knue
"It's almost too easy!"

getonbckthr
10-21-2006, 10:50 PM
I believe this belongs in the soon to debut America's Most Wanted WSI Division Forum.

1951Campbell
10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
http://baseballstud31mo.tripod.com/kerry_wood.jpg
"Pfft, that's nothing. 71 wins in 8 years for $43,000,000? I've been stealing in a Cubs hat for years."

Soxfanspcu11
10-22-2006, 12:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

This is some funny ****!!!!

One of the FIRST things that I thought when I saw this story on the news was that this dude looks VERY MUCH like Carrie Wood!!! LOL! Honestly, he does, his build, his goat, the whole works. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him! Dude's gotta make a living somehow!!!!:D:

Anyway, could you imagine how this story would be spun if this dude were wearing a Sox hat while committing these robberies?? The cubune would be going on and on about how this was a typical Sox fan and blah blah blah........... It's amazing how much the Chi media will downplay this because it's a flubs hat. Thank GOD it's not a Sox hat, I would prolly vomit reading the stories that would follow.

Rockman218
10-22-2006, 05:47 PM
"Pfft, that's nothing. 71 wins in 8 years for $43,000,000? I've been stealing in a Cubs hat for years."

LOL! that is friggin hilarious

Hitmen77
10-22-2006, 10:14 PM
there's another thread for this but, here's my guess:
Sox Fan Suspected in Bank Robberies
- Uses Cub hat disguise in pathetic attempt to give North Siders bad name
- Morrissey: Proof that Sox fans hate Cubs more than like Sox.

Bruce Levine: Sox fans up to their old tricks again
- Threw trash on sacred Wrigley grounds after A.J. homer
- Yelled racial slurs at Dusty and Jacque Jones this summer

Father Greeley:
Good Lord, Sox fans truely are the scum of the earth. I'm sure Jesus hates them as much as I do.

Andrew Buchanan Op-Ed:
- Sox fan bandit called me after his latest robbery and yelled "Burn Down Wrigley" before he realized he had the wrong number and hung up.

Vernam
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm just shocked no one has turned this into a Lou Piniella/Steve Lyons joke. :cool:

Vernam

getonbckthr
10-22-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm just shocked no one has turned this into a Lou Piniella/Steve Lyons joke. :cool:

Vernam
Has Steve found his wallet yet?

PaulDrake
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
"Pfft, that's nothing. 71 wins in 8 years for $43,000,000? I've been stealing in a Cubs hat for years." You deserve two free beers for that one. Like the commercial says, priceless.

slavko
10-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I can't believe that the Kane County political candidate and fine family man who was recently charged with having sex with two underage girls at his home and shortly thereafter took his own life in a one car accident didn't get more attention from the Trib, since a quick look I got of the moron's home on the tube showed a '05 WS Championship banner displayed on the front stoop.

DumpJerry
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
He does not cover up his face. What a drillrod! I had a criminal law prof in law school who told us that if all criminals wore masks and said nothing to the cops, the jails would be empty. Only the dumb ones get caught.

jenn2080
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Fox News Chicago had a story on a guy who's been robbing banks in Chicago the past few months.

One of his distinguishing characteristics is the particular cap he wears during his crimes. Below is a screenshot of the cap and his particular nickname. I think you'll like.

Damn it that is my season ticket partner!

Jerko
10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, if the cops can't catch a guy wearing a Cubs hat............:rolleyes:

areilly
10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Anyway, could you imagine how this story would be spun if this dude were wearing a Sox hat while committing these robberies?? The cubune would be going on and on about how this was a typical Sox fan and blah blah blah........... It's amazing how much the Chi media will downplay this because it's a flubs hat. Thank GOD it's not a Sox hat, I would prolly vomit reading the stories that would follow.

I try to stay out of this type of discussion, but please elaborate. Give me examples of how they've done this before. Give me examples of any time the Trib ever made Sox fans out as serial felons. I'll give you that they paint us as ugly, and I'll give you that they paint us as poor, but this kind of paranoia is almost embarassing.

Scottzilla
11-01-2006, 05:01 AM
living in l.a. i only get my chicago news from phone conversations and tribune.com... i check it every day and never saw this story.
i dont think its about which team the guy is from, but it helps sell papers to scare the 'white north side' with stories of 'dark south side' people coming up and robbing them and raping their daughters.

Hangar18
11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey AReilly .....did you or anyone catch the breaking news story the other day, about the "wrigleyville" woman who was Robbed and Raped by an assailant who followed her off the Addison L Stop? They had a live reporter, and they mentioned she was raped just 1 blk east of the L stop, but didnt really mention that the L stop was about 90 feet away from The Urinal. The reporter who was "live" with her story, made sure the camera faced EAST and dared not to face the camera towards Wrigley Field.

They then interviewed a few women passing by, and again, the camera angle FACED EAST so as to not accidentally show Wrigley Field in the spot.
They showed Police hanging crime bulletins, and the camera recorded them ....you guessed it, FACING EAST!!!! In fact the entire segment, *the cameras Faced EAST for the reporter
*cameras Faced EAST for every one of the interviewees,
*cameras Faced EAST for the pre-recorded segment showing people exiting the station,
*cameras again Faced EAST for the Police taping fliers,
*cameras yet again Faced EAST for the spot where the woman was accosted (and failed to show the near proximity the street corner was to the Addison Station-didnt want to accidentally show Wrigley after all)
*the cameras happened to be Facing EAST for the Police shown patrolling the area.

a buddy of mine, who has heard my Media rants before, started to laugh hysterically when he noticed how the cameraman went well out of their way to NOT SHOW Wrigley in any of the camera shots. Brutal.

BeeBeeRichard
11-04-2006, 11:29 PM
This guy must be stopped. With the Tribune Co. woes, this is obviously their strategy for how to raise their payroll to $115 million next year.

slavko
11-05-2006, 11:33 AM
To their credit, the Trib story did cite Wrigleyville as the location, both in the title and body.

areilly
11-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey AReilly .....did you or anyone catch the breaking news story the other day, about the "wrigleyville" woman who was Robbed and Raped by an assailant who followed her off the Addison L Stop? They had a live reporter, and they mentioned she was raped just 1 blk east of the L stop, but didnt really mention that the L stop was about 90 feet away from The Urinal. The reporter who was "live" with her story, made sure the camera faced EAST and dared not to face the camera towards Wrigley Field.

Other factors to consider:

What time of day did they air this live coverage and what was the weather like?

And what channel was this?

And what was the backdrop in the east-facing shot? Is there really a better shot from the 3500 block of N Wilton?

Where was the crime scene taped off?

Where did the cops let them set up their cameras? Where were other news crews set up?

And do people in Chicago really need to be reminded that the Addison Red Line stop is 90 feet away from Wrigley?

And when a woman is raped and robbed in this city, aren't there more important things to discuss than the nearest sports facility?

Hangar18
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Other factors to consider:

What time of day did they air this live coverage and what was the weather like?

And what channel was this?

And what was the backdrop in the east-facing shot? Is there really a better shot from the 3500 block of N Wilton?

Where was the crime scene taped off?

Where did the cops let them set up their cameras? Where were other news crews set up?

And do people in Chicago really need to be reminded that the Addison Red Line stop is 90 feet away from Wrigley?

And when a woman is raped and robbed in this city, aren't there more important things to discuss than the nearest sports facility?

*Coverage was at Nite, but they recorded all the segments in the day.
*Fox and CLTV
*Reporter was standing about 50 feet WEST of the L station, with the camera angle facing EAST (if she was EAST of the station, wouldve been facing WEST with danger of Wrigley being in the shot)
*Woman accosted on corner of Wilton & Addison. Couldve showed the corner facing WEST, but they didnt.
*in 2003, the FBI forensic investigators were tearing up grass on 33rd, right next to the Bridge, technically on SOX property parking lot. They made sure every moment, to show Comiskey in the background and remind everyone that this was merely 2 1/2 blocks from the ballpark.
*When a woman is Raped & Robbed in the city, I agree, there are more important things to discuss, instead of proximity to ballpark, as is always done when something happens in Bridgeport.

Did you know ....................
that ALL OF THE WOMEN interviewed and asked their thoughts on crime in the area, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said they believed the area was "SAFE" and in one of the "SAFER AREAS OF CHICAGO" (despite the numerous graphs and statistics proving otherwise, when comparing Bridgeport to Wrigleyville)

bryPt
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
www.cubune.com (http://www.cubune.com)

read the entire thing, you will get PLENTY of proof of the bias and treatment.

areilly
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
*in 2003, the FBI forensic investigators were tearing up grass on 33rd, right next to the Bridge, technically on SOX property parking lot. They made sure every moment, to show Comiskey in the background and remind everyone that this was merely 2 1/2 blocks from the ballpark.
*When a woman is Raped & Robbed in the city, I agree, there are more important things to discuss, instead of proximity to ballpark, as is always done when something happens in Bridgeport.

Did you know ....................
that ALL OF THE WOMEN interviewed and asked their thoughts on crime in the area, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said they believed the area was "SAFE" and in one of the "SAFER AREAS OF CHICAGO" (despite the numerous graphs and statistics proving otherwise, when comparing Bridgeport to Wrigleyville)

1) You don't know it was every woman interviewed, unless you're secretly working for Fox and/or CLTV. The clips used are what suits the story, not what suits the stats. It was every woman who was aired. There's a difference.
2) So which is it? The Chicago media is taking steps in the right direction by not trying to tie sports into every story, or that they were taking steps in the wrong direction three years ago by mentioning that FBI forensics were digging up ground on Sox property?

Wilton and Addison isn't Cubs property. It's not Wrigley field. The involved people didn't play for the Cubs. This was, is, and always will be a stupid thread and I apologize for contributing to it. My heart goes out to the woman involved.

cws05champ
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Cub guy: Yes, I would like to make a withdrawl please
Teller: OK, how much would you like
Cub guy: $15- 20 million please
Teller: Is that you Mr Hendry?
Cub Guy: Uh..yes, I mean no. Just give me the money, I'm desparate. Im losing the city and our new manager will beat me if I don't raise this payroll!

soxfan13
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM

They then interviewed a few women passing by, and again, the camera angle FACED EAST so as to not accidentally show Wrigley Field in the spot.
They showed Police hanging crime bulletins, and the camera recorded them ....you guessed it, FACING EAST!!!! In fact the entire segment, *the cameras Faced EAST for the reporter
*cameras Faced EAST for every one of the interviewees,
*cameras Faced EAST for the pre-recorded segment showing people exiting the station,
*cameras again Faced EAST for the Police taping fliers,
*cameras yet again Faced EAST for the spot where the woman was accosted (and failed to show the near proximity the street corner was to the Addison Station-didnt want to accidentally show Wrigley after all)
*the cameras happened to be Facing EAST for the Police shown patrolling the area.

a buddy of mine, who has heard my Media rants before, started to laugh hysterically when he noticed how the cameraman went well out of their way to NOT SHOW Wrigley in any of the camera shots. Brutal.

Again as ridiculous as always:rolleyes: :rolleyes: