PDA

View Full Version : Yesss

LongDistanceFan
03-03-2002, 11:47 AM
the sox signed brain sager to a contract back in jan......... this is a player that i thought the sox should take a gamble on......... if he comes back, he will be a plus and a sleeper..

baggio202
03-03-2002, 11:54 AM
isnt he a pitcj\her from somewhere in the south that was suppose to be a first round draft pick but ended up having either shoulder or elbow surgery and everyone passed on him????..but he used to throw like 95 plus???

Daver
03-03-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
isnt he a pitcj\her from somewhere in the south that was suppose to be a first round draft pick but ended up having either shoulder or elbow surgery and everyone passed on him????..but he used to throw like 95 plus???

Sager went to Stanford,then transfered to Georgia Tech,he ended up being a thirteenth round draft pick,and was signed by the Sox after scouts watched him throw two 45 minute sessions from the mound in Jan.He is capable of throwing in the high 90's,as well as a curve and a change-up.

LongDistanceFan
03-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by daver

Sager went to Stanford,then transfered to Georgia Tech,he ended up being a thirteenth round draft pick,and was signed by the Sox after scouts watched him throw two 45 minute sessions from the mound in Jan.He is capable of throwing in the high 90's,as well as a curve and a change-up. all too true and the fact that he had some nerve damage............ but that is taken care of......... real high 90's ......... 1 round talent.

bc2k
03-04-2002, 12:36 AM
Will we see this guy at Spring Training? Is he still recovering from his injury? Where do you predict he will be sent to, Birmingham or Charlotte or lower?

LongDistanceFan
03-04-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Will we see this guy at Spring Training? Is he still recovering from his injury? Where do you predict he will be sent to, Birmingham or Charlotte or lower? lower i think.......... needs to rehab........... but is he in camp?

Daver
03-04-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
lower i think.......... needs to rehab........... but is he in camp?

No.

RichH55
03-05-2002, 12:04 PM
A move you love to see your team make....taking an inexpensive flyer on talent.....These are the types of moves I want to see KW making, not Royce Clayton veteran because hes a veteran