PDA

View Full Version : Harold Baines Collectors?

Heffalump
10-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey all,

Other than Uribe's little incident, it looks like it should be pretty quiet on the South Side until November when KW gets fired up!

Anyhow, anyone here collect baseball cards? I'm looking for about 20 Harold Baines cards to complete my collection (I have every other card of his from 1978 to mid 2004). I am looking to trade and/or buy from anyone that has the cards I need.

If anyone is interested, I can send a list of what cards I need.

Thanks!

Heffalump

likeawarlord
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey all,

Other than Uribe's little incident, it looks like it should be pretty quiet on the South Side until November when KW gets fired up!

Anyhow, anyone here collect baseball cards? I'm looking for about 20 Harold Baines cards to complete my collection (I have every other card of his from 1978 to mid 2004). I am looking to trade and/or buy from anyone that has the cards I need.

If anyone is interested, I can send a list of what cards I need.

Thanks!

Heffalump

i have collected a number of harold baineseses.

KMKsuburbannoise
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
why the teal /\ /\ /\?

stl_sox_fan
10-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Ol' #3 is my all-time favorite Sox player. I mimicked his leg kick in high school baseball and got heckled for it. Can't help you on the cards as I have compiled a pretty extsensive collection of him over the years(even non-Chitown) and they go to the grave with me.

Glad to hear from another Baines-aholic.

MDF3530
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Heffalump, check your PM box.

Brian26
10-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Send me a list of what you need, and I'll check what I have. Are you counting some of the more recent jersey cards and autograph cards?

Heffalump
10-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Send me a list of what you need, and I'll check what I have. Are you counting some of the more recent jersey cards and autograph cards?

Brian26, MDF3530, and KMKsuburbannoise,

Thanks for the responses, I'll PM you my list.

Brian26: I stopped collecting newly issued cards in early 2005 due to in what in my opinion was parallel/#'d card abuse by some of the card companies. For example the 05 Donruss Diamond King set has close to 100 variations of the Baines card. Kinda ruined for me. So my collection does count all of the auto/jersey/#'d cards up until then.

Stl_Sox_fan: Sound like you have a pretty awesome collection. If you are interested I have quite a few dups. on many of the rarer Baines inserts, etc. Becuase I am at the point where I only need a handful of cards, I am willing to make extremely favorable trades for anyone that has the cards I need.

EDIT: the list was too many characters for a PM, so here it is !!

Heres the list of the 38 Baines cards that I am looking for. Thanks for taking a look.......

Steve

1990Rangers Smokey Harold Baines 1
1992Donruss Super DK's Harold Baines DK14
1995Orioles Postcards Harold Baines 3
1997Donruss Team Sets Pennant Edition Harold Baines 67
1997Pinnacle Press Plate Previews Harold Baines 87
1997White Sox Score Premier Harold Baines 5
1998Leaf Fractal Materials Die Cuts Harold Baines PX 20
1998Pacific Online Winners Harold Baines 81
1998Stadium Club First Day Issue Harold Baines 144
1998Stadium Club Printing Plates Harold Baines 144
1998Ultra Masterpiece Harold Baines 310
1999Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Harold Baines 316
1999Pacific Omega Platinum Blue Harold Baines 30
1999Upper Deck Exclusives Level 2 Harold Baines 44
2000Fleer Tradition Glossy Hawaii Harold Baines 287
2000Pacific Copper Harold Baines 125
2000Pacific Platinum Blue Harold Baines 125
2000Stadium Club Chrome First Day Issue Harold Baines 28
2000Stadium Club Printing Plates Harold Baines 28
2000Topps MVP Promotion Harold Baines 251
2000Ultra Masterpiece Harold Baines 88
2000Upper Deck Exclusives Gold Harold Baines 331
2001-02 Donruss Chicago Collection Harold Baines 30
2001-02 Donruss Classics Chicago Collection Harold Baines 30
2001-02 Donruss Elite Chicago Collection Harold Baines 30
2001-02 Leaf Certified Materials Chicago Collection Harold Baines 30
2001-02 Studio Chicago Collection Harold Baines 29
2001Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Harold Baines 30
2001Studio Proofs Harold Baines 29
2004Absolute Memorabilia Absolutely Ink Combo Material PS H.Baines Bat-Jsy/5
2004Donruss Classics Team Colors Jersey Prime Harold Baines
2004Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs H.Baines 83 Black/8
2004Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs H.Baines 88 BB/1
2004Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs H.Baines 88 Black/1
2004Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs H.Baines 90 Black/1
2004Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Autograph AL/NL Harold Baines Jsy/3
2004Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Prime Harold Baines Jsy
2004Topps Originals Signature Harold Baines 81/1 HB1

ajismyhero
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I love the Baines love! When i was a small girl of about 10, he was my favorite player! I finally met him at US Cellular store about a month ago - very exciting indeed.

Huisj
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
He's my all time favorite. He became my hero on opening day '89, the first game I ever went to. I've got a small collection of some Baines cards, but I sure won't let any of them go.

likeawarlord
10-20-2006, 03:36 PM
why the teal /\ /\ /\?

well, i don't actually own a single harold baines. life is more interesting when you take things literally.

stl_sox_fan
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
well, i don't actually own a single harold baines. life is more interesting when you take things literally.

Do you have Harold held captive upstairs?
http://www.bugboard.com/custom/image/blog10/misery.jpg

Huisj
10-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I forgot to mention my favorite piece of Baines (and Sox) stuff that I have . . .

I have a beautiful big wide picture of that opening day '89 game I went to (first game I attended). My friends got together one summer and bought this picture for me and got it framed for my birthday, because they'd heard me getting super excited about it when I saw it online once. Little did they (or I) know that the picture showed the aftermath of the exact play that made Baines my hero, when he drove in a run with a basehit to tie the game at 1. It was unbelievable that this picture actually showed that very play (it even shows Harold's face and info up on the Jumbotron). Also, my dad had kept the ticket stubs all those years, and he gave them to me to put in the frame with the picture.

WHITE SOX 3RD: Merullo flied to center; Williams grounded out
(third to first); Guillen singled to right; Guillen stole
second; Gallagher walked; Baines singled to center [Guillen
scored, Gallagher out at home (left to second to catcher)]; 1 R,
2 H, 0 E, 1 LOB. Athletics 1, White Sox 1.

I can't find the picture online anymore. It used to be on this site:

http://www.lapayne.com/products.asp?cat=204

They've got one of the pregame ceremonies from that game, but they don't show the one that I have anymore.

I cried the day my dad told me the Sox had traded Harold. I stomped on my Sox hat and said I'd never be a Sox fan again. ha :smile:

likeawarlord
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Do you have Harold held captive upstairs?
http://www.bugboard.com/custom/image/blog10/misery.jpg

yep. george bell, too.

BainesHOF
01-17-2007, 03:36 AM
To all Baines collectors, feel free to send me your list and I can put together a master checklist. I already have a very sizeable list from my own collection. I'm a HUGE Baines collector. I have hundreds of different cards as well as all kinds of oddball and game-used stuff (jerseys, bats, caps). I even have his early Sox jerseys that feature numbers 29 and 53.

My e-mail is salukidave@comcast.net.

cws05champ
01-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I had a ball signed by Harold Baines, but it fell off the display shelf and my dog ate it.....:whiner:

BeefyD
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Actually, a WSI-supported master checklist would be sweet, and not just Baines! However, it would take a lot of scanning and photo taking... But I would love to see pics of others collectibles, cards, etc. Like the one guy who was given the printing plates from the Suntimes Championship papers...

Sort it by player, then items (cards, jerseys, photos, balls, bats, etc.)...

Any killer webmasters want to have a go at it?

ewokpelts
01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Actually, a WSI-supported master checklist would be sweet, and not just Baines! However, it would take a lot of scanning and photo taking... But I would love to see pics of others collectibles, cards, etc. Like the one guy who was given the printing plates from the Suntimes Championship papers...

Sort it by player, then items (cards, jerseys, photos, balls, bats, etc.)...

Any killer webmasters want to have a go at it?
www.beckett.com (http://www.beckett.com)

and i think the printing plate thing is more of an urban legend than fact

BeefyD
01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
www.beckett.com (http://www.beckett.com)

and i think the printing plate thing is more of an urban legend than fact

Sorry.. my mistake... it was Chicago Tribune printing plates:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66642&highlight=printing

wassagstdu
01-17-2007, 08:47 PM
http://Phahnestock.smugmug.com/photos/123840117-L.jpg

This is a link to a photo that I took on July 26, 1989 as Harold Baines took his last swing in a home uniform before he was traded to Texas. He hit a home run with that swing. It was after a rain delay, if I remember correctly, and that accounts in part for the empty seats.

BainesHOF
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Thanks for sharing the cool photo and recollection.