PDA

View Full Version : My Uribe predictions...

White Sox Randy
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
I predict that Juan Uribe is vindicated / gets off in this current scandal.

I predict that Juan will mature from this experience and work harder this offseason on his conditioning and baseball future.

I predict that due to this matter, KW will not be able to trade Uribe - if indeed he had a mind to.

I predict, therefore, that Juan will be the starting SS for the Sox in 2007.

I predict that Juan will have his best year thus far all-around for the Sox and the Sox and their fans will be pleased with his season.

I THINK THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE AS THE SOX FOCUS THEIR EFFORTS IN OTHER AREAS TO IMPROVE THE TEAM.

veeter
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
It's starting to look like he's innocent. I hope and think you're right.

jenn2080
10-19-2006, 09:18 AM
:cleo

spiffie
10-19-2006, 09:38 AM

I predict that Juan will mature from this experience and work harder this offseason on his conditioning and baseball future.

I predict that due to this matter, KW will not be able to trade Uribe - if indeed he had a mind to.

I predict that Juan will have his best year thus far all-around for the Sox and the Sox and their fans will be pleased with his season.

I THINK THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE AS THE SOX FOCUS THEIR EFFORTS IN OTHER AREAS TO IMPROVE THE TEAM.
I predict that if Juan indeed hit people with birdshot that it will be looked back on as his best hitting performance in a long time.

I predict that Juan will continue to be an abysmal hitter with a ridiculously low OBP.

I predict that Juan will continue to be highly overrated by Sox fans because he had one good offensive year in his career, and he made one amazing catch.

I predict that Juan will kill many many rallies due to his chronic inability to get on base and keep the line moving.

I predict if Juan stays through 2007 we will somehow still have this same argument with people who have somehow come to the counter-intuitive notion that the worse a player is as the plate the better he is for the team.

I predict a few brain cells of mine will die every time someone says they would rather have Juan Uribe over Alex Rodriguez at SS regardless of salary.

batmanZoSo
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I predict that if Juan indeed hit people with birdshot that it will be looked back on as his best hitting performance in a long time.

I predict that Juan will continue to be an abysmal hitter with a ridiculously low OBP.

I predict that Juan will continue to be highly overrated by Sox fans because he had one good offensive year in his career, and he made one amazing catch.

I predict that Juan will kill many many rallies due to his chronic inability to get on base and keep the line moving.

Another way to look at it is he's underrated because he had one abysmal year offensively, and that we wouldn't have a World Series without a great defense, for which he was the anchor at the most important position on the field.

DaleJRFan
10-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Another way to look at it is he's underrated because he had one abysmal year offensively, and that we wouldn't have a World Series without a great defense, for which he was the anchor at the most important position on the field.

Spiffie hates Uribe. Don't bother agruing with him about it... :o: :D:

spiffie
10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Spiffie hates Uribe. Don't bother agruing with him about it... :o: :D:
I don't hate Juan Uribe. I just don't want him as the SS for the Chicago White Sox in 2007. He seems like a pleasant guy when he's not possibly shooting people :cool:

The Dude
10-19-2006, 10:42 AM

Who the hell do you think you are with all this "I PREDICT" BS...Mike Murphy??:?:

spiffie
10-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Juan has had four seasons where he has played more than 100 games.
Juan's numbers (league averages)
2002: 240/286/341 (289/366/460)
2004: 283/327/506 (279/348/447)
2005: 252/301/412 (272/335/431)
2006: 235/257/441 (279/344/443)

I give Juan all the credit in the world for the fact that he played awesome defense in 2005. But his offensive numbers have been going down each year since his one above-average year in 2004, and his defense was not nearly as strong last year as it was in 2005. If we were to get a good-hitting LF, and Juan could play even at 2005 levels again, I'd be okay with that. But I can't help but feel like if Chris Burke would have hit a soft pop-up to SS instead of the hit that did happen there would be far less support for keeping Uribe.

INSox56
10-19-2006, 10:53 AM

I predict if Juan stays through 2007 we will somehow still have this same argument with people who have somehow come to the counter-intuitive notion that the worse a player is as the plate the better he is for the team.

I predict a few brain cells of mine will die every time someone says they would rather have Juan Uribe over Alex Rodriguez at SS regardless of salary.

took the words out of my mouth.

miker
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I predict that the pro-Uribe and anti-Uribe factions on WSI will never get as worked up as the pro-Rowand and anti-Rowand battle.

Daver
10-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I predict that the pro-Uribe and anti-Uribe factions on WSI will never get as worked up as the pro-Rowand and anti-Rowand battle.

Pfffffft.

You should have been here for Valentin/Clayton battles.

Brian26
10-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Pfffffft.

I can't believe there was a pro-Clayton faction back then.

Palehose13
10-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I can't believe there was a pro-Clayton faction back then.
There had to be some stat head who was all over the Choice's fielding %.

Kub_Killer_15
10-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Juan Uribe needs to let the pitcher pitch and wait for his pitch. If he can learn the strike zone and be patient at the plate he will be fine to start in 2007.

Huisj
10-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Pfffffft.

:hitless = :buddylee

Oh, the good old days when the choice and buddy lee ruled the board discussions.

JUribe1989
10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Juan Uribe needs to let the pitcher pitch and wait for his pitch. If he can learn the strike zone and be patient at the plate he will be fine to start in 2007.

Yes Kub Killer! You made your signature the picture I made for my myspace!!!!! :smile:

buehrle4cy05
10-21-2006, 12:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/thomesox.jpg
IT'S A JEEP THING

JUAN GONE MY MAIN MAN, HOW IS LIFE IN THE FROZEN DOMINICAN TUNDRA (http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/jon80.html)

Palehose13
10-21-2006, 12:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/thomesox.jpg
IT'S A JEEP THING

JUAN GONE MY MAIN MAN, HOW IS LIFE IN THE FROZEN DOMINICAN TUNDRA (http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/jon80.html)

:o:

kevin57
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Uribe's legal fate may well be decided not on the evidence but on who pays whom how much to move the case in a particular direction.

Not a political statement, but that sort of stuff is endemic in that part of the world. :(:

TDog
10-21-2006, 03:08 PM

I never saw anyone at the park excited about Clayton's defense. At a game late in 2001 against the A's, Clayton made an error, and the guy sitting next to me turned to his wife and said, "At least he won't be back next year." Clayton returned, as it turned out, but on a September Sunday afternoon in 2002, after Thomas tied in the ninth with a 2-out 3-run homer and Crede drove in the winning run with a single, Clayton was released because he wasn't wearing spikes when he was called upon to pinch run. The Diamondvision that afternoon featured Clayton as a hard-working Sox player.

Uribe's defense is something fans got excited about, but 2006 was not a good year.

Kub_Killer_15
10-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes Kub Killer! You made your signature the picture I made for my myspace!!!!! :smile:

I stole stole it from you:redface:

Palehose13
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I never saw anyone at the park excited about Clayton's defense. At a game late in 2001 against the A's, Clayton made an error, and the guy sitting next to me turned to his wife and said, "At least he won't be back next year." Clayton returned, as it turned out, but on a September Sunday afternoon in 2002, after Thomas tied in the ninth with a 2-out 3-run homer and Crede drove in the winning run with a single, Clayton was released because he wasn't wearing spikes when he was called upon to pinch run. The Diamondvision that afternoon featured Clayton as a hard-working Sox player.

Uribe's defense is something fans got excited about, but 2006 was not a good year.

I agree, but Royce had awesome fielding %. Mostly cause he had little range and didn't really try for a ball if he didn't think he'd be able to throw the runner out. If a stathead didn't know that and just looked at his numbers he would think that Royce Clayton was a ****ing awesome SS.

getonbckthr
10-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree, but Royce had awesome fielding %. Mostly cause he had little range and didn't really try for a ball if he didn't think he'd be able to throw the runner out. If a stathead didn't know that and just looked at his numbers he would think that Royce Clayton was a ****ing awesome SS.
Souns like Jeter's defense except Jeter tosses in a fancy little 180 jump.

gobears1987
10-21-2006, 08:38 PM

I predict a few brain cells of mine will die every time someone says they would rather have Juan Uribe over Alex Rodriguez at SS regardless of salary.I predict you will be 100% right. It looks like Juan was innocent.

I'm pissed because this incident will make it impossible to dump his lazy ass.

Juan is the worst player on this team. He is a rally killer.

getonbckthr
10-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I predict you will be 100% right. It looks like Juan was innocent.

I'm pissed because this incident will make it impossible to dump his lazy ass.

Juan is the worst player on this team. He is a rally killer.
:cotts: "I disagree with that statement!"
:sandy "As do I!"

gobears1987
10-21-2006, 08:50 PM
:cotts: "I disagree with that statement!"
:sandy "As do I!"
Cotts had a ****ty year, but he wasn't the worst RP in the American League. Juan was the worst regular batterin the AL. Just look at his average and OBP. His defense had a severe decline. Just look at all the times he failed to turn what should've been DPs and the drops he made when trying to make showboating 1 handed catches.

Alomar isn't the worst player on the team either. He did hit lefties pretty well this year. Pretty good for his age.

getonbckthr
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Cotts had a ****ty year, but he wasn't the worst RP in the American League. Juan was the worst regular batterin the AL. Just look at his average and OBP. His defense had a severe decline. Just look at all the times he failed to turn what should've been DPs and the drops he made when trying to make showboating 1 handed catches.

Alomar isn't the worst player on the team either. He did hit lefties pretty well this year. Pretty good for his age.
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/comsite5/bin/pdinventory.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=2930&purchase_type=ITM&item_id=0286-16007465
Hey that guy was 94 and drew a walk making his OBP perfect and he is 94, not bad for his age.:redneck

CLR01
10-22-2006, 12:39 AM

Yeah and if I can come up with a half a billion dollars or so I can watch the White Sox win another World Series from my owners box.

spiffie
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
No true stat head would ever look at Fielding %. They would see his range factor shows that he may in fact have been replaced by a statue of Royce Clayton.