PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think A-Rod is a TERRIBLE idea?

sox230
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
I thought that Ozzie has valiantly said that he needs SPEED, not more power. A-Rod wouldn't add any speed, only power, of which we have plenty. He definetly would not improve our defense at third or ss, and he would completelty hamper us financially. Shortstop is one of only 3 positions we can improve our speed from last year with Thome, Crede, AJ, Paulie, Dye, and Iguchi as fixures, all are far from speedy. Therefore, if we want speed, we could only improve that category in LF, CF or SS. Getting A-Rod will not accomplish ANYHTING, I don't know why K-Dubb is going after him so hard.

MUsoxfan
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Having the greatest position player of a generation at such a young age on a team is never bad for any team

OEO Magglio
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I thought that Ozzie has valiantly said that he needs SPEED, not more power. A-Rod wouldn't add any speed, only power, of which we have plenty. He definetly would not improve our defense at third or ss, and he would completelty hamper us financially. Shortstop is one of only 3 positions we can improve our speed from last year with Thome, Crede, AJ, Paulie, Dye, and Iguchi as fixures, all are far from speedy. Therefore, if we want speed, we could only improve that category in LF, CF or SS. Getting A-Rod will not accomplish ANYHTING, I don't know why K-Dubb is going after him so hard.
You do know that ARod has 200+ steals in his career and has stolen 40 bases in a season before, don't you?

oeo
10-18-2006, 09:44 PM

A-Rod: 15 SB
Crede/Uribe combined: 1 SB

Fields also stole 29 bases in AAA last year, so I'd guess that the team would have 30-40 more stolen bases. The team is much faster with A-Rod and Fields, that's a terrible argument.

A-Rod is not a 3B, he would play SS. He was a very good SS, and he's a great athlete, so I see no reason why he could not continue to be a good SS. And I'll keep saying this until proven otherwise: Fields is underrated defensively.

And once again, A-Rod is more than a power hitter...why do so many people have the idea that he's another Jim Thome? A-Rod would easily become the best overall hitter on this team.

fusillirob1983
10-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure that A-Rod is the type of player Ozzie was talking about either, but I won't say he's not an upgrade in speed. He steals about 20 bases a season.

INSox56
10-18-2006, 10:01 PM
go here for about a million posts and tons of reasons as to why we DEFINITELY want Arod...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79913

fquaye149
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Does anyone think A-Rod is a TERRIBLE idea? Have you been around this site at all?

Apparently any superstar who is among the best hitter of their generation, who we could potentially acquire in a trade or FA (nb: this rules out Pujols, although some posters seem to think that we could acquire him) is a bad idea.

It turns out A-Rod doesn't have enough dirt in his diet.

Myrtle72
10-18-2006, 10:50 PM
He definetly would not improve our defense at third or ss,

You really think he wouldn't improve our defense at SS?

voodoochile
10-18-2006, 11:49 PM
You really think he wouldn't improve our defense at SS?

Let's suppose that is actually true and that ARod is actually a worse defender than Uribe. Is he so much worse that the extra 200 points of OPS minimum wouldn't offset it? :rolleyes:

Still, I don't think he's going anywhere unless the offer really truly blows the Yankees away, so the rest is for ****s and giggles...

MUsoxfan
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Still, I don't think he's going anywhere unless the offer really truly blows the Yankees away, so the rest is for ****s and giggles...

Believe me....

He Gone! You'll just have to trust me on this

itsnotrequired
10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Believe me....

He Gone! You'll just have to trust me on this

Scott Boras, is that you? Or maybe Cashman? I completely trust whatever you say.

:tongue:

itsnotrequired
10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
It turns out A-Rod doesn't have enough dirt in his diet.

Probably misses his old glasses...

jenn2080
10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Yippy Another A Rod thread. :rolleyes:

fquaye149
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM

Beats another Cub thread, don't you think?:redneck

jenn2080
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Beats another Cub thread, don't you think?:redneck

You have a point.

Top 3 worse threads at this moment

Cubs threads
Rowand lovefest
A Rod to ???

fquaye149
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
You have a point.

Top 3 worse threads at this moment

Cubs threads
Rowand lovefest
A Rod to ???

Oh come on...the "KW NEEDS TO FIX THE TEAM NOT ENOUGH HUSTLE" threads are pretty ****ty too

jenn2080
10-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh come on...the "KW NEEDS TO FIX THE TEAM NOT ENOUGH HUSTLE" threads are pretty ****ty too

I just said the top 3. That is def right up there. Will call it #4.

oeo
10-19-2006, 06:16 PM

And what's wrong with that? A-Rod threads are better than more than half of the threads in the Parking Lot. And if I don't like the topic, I don't even read it; pretty good idea isn't it?

I'll never get why people read threads that they don't like...you don't have to click it, and you don't have to read it, so why do you feel obliged to read the thread and then complain about it?

/end rant

downstairs
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Its been said a million times, but I'll say it again:

A-Rod is the best active baseball player in Major League Baseball. And will be for a very long time. No ifs, ands, or buts. He just is.

He's better than Thome, Konerko, Jeter, Bonds, you name it.

Does that mean he's going to have a better 2007 than anyone else? No.

But over the next five years, he has a higher upside than any single person playing the game.

Sorry, I hate the Yankees, but I know a Hall of Famer in his prime when I see one.

IlliniSox4Life
10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
A-Rod is a high quality player. One of a handful of the best young talents in the game. He also, for the most part, seems like a decent enough guy. It seems like he's had some clubhouse problems in NY, but that largely seems to be the Yankees players not liking him, and Arod seems to have tried his best to accomodate them (willingly switching to third, etc).

That said, any deal is a bad deal when you have to give up more than it benefits you, and any deal is a good deal when it benefits you more than you have to give up. To say this deal seems terrible when you don't even know what really is being proposed, seems to just be a personal hatred of Arod. If the deal was Uribe for ARod and 8 million a year, it would be incredible. If the deal was Jenks + Mccarthy + Buehrle + Garcia + Crede + Dye + 10 million a year for Arod, it would be a horrible idea. To say getting any player is a horrible idea without knowing what you are giving up is jumping the gun.

Palehose13
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM

You don't think that ARod is "speedier" than Uribe? :?:
Here's a hint: He has more steals.

Not an improvement on defense? :?:
He was a gold glover at SS

Hamper the Sox financially? :?:
The Sox wouldn't have to pay 25 mil a year and after we lose the salary of whoever is given up for him, it should be a wash.

ARod is not just power. He has great defense (at short), hits for average, and steals bases. Now why would it be a bad thing to have him on the club?

itsnotrequired
10-20-2006, 07:09 AM
ARod is not just power. He has great defense (at short), hits for average, and steals bases. Now why would it be a bad thing to have him on the club?

It has been well documented by ARod haters that if the Sox acquire ARod, there will be absolutely no room for bullpen help.

mjmcend
10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
You don't think that ARod is "speedier" than Uribe? :?:
Here's a hint: He has more steals.

Not an improvement on defense? :?:
He was a gold glover at SS

Hamper the Sox financially? :?:
The Sox wouldn't have to pay 25 mil a year and after we lose the salary of whoever is given up for him, it should be a wash.

He doesn't eat dirt.