PDA

View Full Version : SOX shirt at ubran outfitters????

Scottzilla
10-18-2006, 12:46 AM
I got one as a gift. its a "retro" white tee with the horizontal SOX in red white and blue.
im told that the largest size they had is XL and this shirt is not made for us husky lads.
so anyway i will not wear it for fear of being confused for baby huey but i thought it was kinda cool that a store like UO is selling them. most of there customers probably think it is a red sox shirt anyway.

CurtisEBear
10-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Here it is...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=24535&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=163&iSubCat=172&iProductID=24535

You can also get Tigers and Mets shirts.

the gooch
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
twenty-eight bucks? give me a blue and red sharpie and i'll make it myself.

i think they are just trying to cash in on the fact that sports fans will overpay for anything that has their team's logo on it.

twsoxfan5
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I got one as a gift. its a "retro" white tee with the horizontal SOX in red white and blue.
im told that the largest size they had is XL and this shirt is not made for us husky lads.
so anyway i will not wear it for fear of being confused for baby huey but i thought it was kinda cool that a store like UO is selling them. most of there customers probably think it is a red sox shirt anyway.

If you go to Strange Cargo on Clark, just a couple block South of Wrigley, they can make you a Sox shirt that is similar to that. They also have "the batter" shirt. I get tons of shirts made there and they can usually make the shirt in less than 5 minutes. They also let you pick what kind of shirt you want, whether it is a short sleeve, long sleeve, or a baseball T. The cost is under $20.

skottyj242
10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
If you go to Strange Cargo on Clark, just a couple block South of Wrigley, they can make you a Sox shirt that is similar to that. They also have "the batter" shirt. I get tons of shirts made there and they can usually make the shirt in less than 5 minutes. They also let you pick what kind of shirt you want, whether it is a short sleeve, long sleeve, or a baseball T. The cost is under $20.

I think that's where Pdimas got out prototype drinking team shirts at.

35th&Shields
10-18-2006, 10:56 AM

I rode the Red Line to a Sox game with a guy who worked at Strange Cargo and he said that the employees there and also the owner (I think) were all Sox fans because of how annoying Cubs fans are.

twsoxfan5
10-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I rode the Red Line to a Sox game with a guy who worked at Strange Cargo and he said that the employees there and also the owner (I think) were all Sox fans because of how annoying Cubs fans are.

Yeah, being as close to Wrigley as they are I was suprised to see how much Sox stuff they had. If you have not been there before I suggest you go. Not only do they have a lot of sports shirts they have funny shirts too.

Britt Burns
10-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Ha! Way back when I was a kid my mom made me a shirt with the same logo that looked better than that.

MeteorsSox4367
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Got the South Side Hitmen t-shirt at Strange Cargo. I even mentioned to the clerk that she must not have many Sox fans, but she said that some people there also rooted for the World Champs.

And the shirt is a 3x for us taller, wider gentlemen.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I guess it's supposed to look cheap, but 28 is pretty steep for a white t-shirt. They just don't last. Maybe if it was blue and a ringer tee, because those hold up a lot better.

SoxShirt
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I read the title of this thread too fast and thought it was about me. :mg: :redface::D:

Jerko
10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from a place called UBRAN outfitters..........

dickallen15
10-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Ha! Way back when I was a kid my mom made me a shirt with the same logo that looked better than that.
The Tribune used to have iron on stuff on the back page of the sports section every now and then. I remember in 1977 they had the blue collar and Chicago so you could make a t-shirt version of those hideous Mary Frances Veeck uniforms.

Nellie_Fox
10-18-2006, 11:36 PM
What is the fascination people have with the overall ugliest uniform the Sox have ever worn?

Hangar18
10-19-2006, 08:37 AM
twenty-eight bucks? give me a blue and red sharpie and i'll make it myself.

i think they are just trying to cash in on the fact that sports fans will overpay for anything that has their team's logo on it.

They must have us confused with another fanbase very close by .......
I dont mind though. Put the SOX name everywhere I say .....

batmanZoSo
10-19-2006, 08:50 AM
What is the fascination people have with the overall ugliest uniform the Sox have ever worn?

The thing is it's very ugly as an actual uniform, but as far as fan apparel the logo and colors look pretty cool I think.

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
...the logo and colors look pretty cool I think.Really? Wow. I think it's ugly no matter where they put it. Oh, well, different tastes, I guess.

Hangar18
10-19-2006, 11:53 AM
The thing is it's very ugly as an actual uniform, but as far as fan apparel the logo and colors look pretty cool I think.

I look at that logo, as representing a time when the SOX took a big step forward (at that time) and marketed themselves as a big-time organization,
signing Fisk, Luzinski, Summer of '83, the old-park.

C-Dawg
10-19-2006, 12:24 PM
The Tribune used to have iron on stuff on the back page of the sports section every now and then. I remember in 1977 they had the blue collar and Chicago so you could make a t-shirt version of those hideous Mary Frances Veeck uniforms.

DON'T make me go rummaging through my parents attic; I'm sure that newspaper page is there somewhere. Betcha the paper is so old and yellowed that the iron-on part will just flake off if I tried to use it!

:D:

Timmy D's
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
On the topic of White Sox t-shirts, I ordered this one a couple months ago from M&N.http://www.mitchellandness.com/detail.aspx?ID=7493 It has quickly become my favorite Tshirt. Great quality, and it was just $25. Just thought I would pass along a purchase I got more than I expected with. :cool:

Dan the Man
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
They probably put it up as a Red Sox item.:redneck

Brian26
10-25-2006, 09:41 PM
On the topic of White Sox t-shirts, I ordered this one a couple months ago from M&N.http://www.mitchellandness.com/detail.aspx?ID=7493 It has quickly become my favorite Tshirt. Great quality, and it was just $25. Just thought I would pass along a purchase I got more than I expected with. :cool:

If you can find them, Moonlight Graham makes some cool White Sox shirts too.

thometo
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
i got that exact same shirt at Strange Cargo for 18 bucks, except in grey.
like others have said, Strange Cargo may have some Cubs stuff but a good amound of Sox stuff too. I'm still debating whether i should buy the velcro Sox wallet they sell...

Urban Outfitters is such a rip off!

thometo
10-26-2006, 01:45 PM
If you can find them, Moonlight Graham makes some cool White Sox shirts too.

There's a Moonlight Graham store that just opened up on Armitage not too long ago. They have this AWESOME White Sox pull over thats insanely warm, but i dont have the $85 dollars to buy it. Bummer.

PalehosePlanet
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Last time I went to Strange Cargo I wore a black Buehrle t-shirt and had half the people of a packed store said: Burls! Buehrle! Go Sox!

We are all over the north side, be sure.

Besides the South Side Hitmen w/hitman batter logo I also bought a Mad Dog 20/20 t-shirt (in black, of course.) It's a cool store that relies more on the volume of sales, therefore, they don't rip you off.

And to the people ripping on the '76 -'81 uniforms? Boo to you!!! I own a 1980 Fisk road M&N (navy collar on navy body) and would die for an old LaMarr Hoyt, Britt Burns, Gamble, Zisk, Luzinski, Lemon or Baines in the home white version.

Oh and lest I forget: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!!!!!!

twsoxfan5
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
There's a Moonlight Graham store that just opened up on Armitage not too long ago. They have this AWESOME White Sox pull over thats insanely warm, but i dont have the $85 dollars to buy it. Bummer.

Armitage & what

clogoodie
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Armitage & what

It's like a block and a half E of the El stop, N side of the street...well before you hit Halsted.

FielderJones
10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Armitage & what

854 W Armitage. Superpages (http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=&STYPE=S&PG=L&R=N&L=Chicago%20IL%20&C=&N=moonlight%20graham&T=&S=&search=Find+It) is your friend.