PDA

View Full Version : Sox Foodservice Update

Fox 2 6 21
03-02-2002, 08:54 PM
WSI,
I meant to post yesterday, but could not keep my eyes open long enough to do so.

Yesterday, I met Lenny, I mean Kenny…..lol…..and let’s leave it at that. He’s living up to his nickname (but is a nice guy in person). JR was there, as well. JR was there today, too, (and both times in the SAME yellow shirt as his pic on the board) and gave me the strangest look when he saw that I was wearing the Red Pin Stripe hat I have (My Lucky Sox Hat). I didn’t have it on yesterday b/c I wasn’t sure I could wear it with the health laws. But found out before I left last night that it’s hair net OR Ball Cap. My Sox hat is never coming off now!!!!! I had it scotch guarded and water sealed when I bought it, btw, so I don’t mind having it around a busy kitchen. The guys are great, too, btw. Frank’s hurt, tho, has been for three days now I think.

We were setting up for the press today, 10 person job being done by four on site and two half way across town in our kitchen. But, we do it better than 12!! We have our kitchen, their Club House (Heaven), and their hotel. My boss finds it funny I refer to the players by their first names and take a moment every morning to look up at the “Chicago White Sox” sign on the top of the Club House front. I do the same in each room I go in, but she’s gotten used to that. LOL What can I say, it’s Sacred Ground, especially seeing how I have NEVER been to Ol’ Sox Park (save in dreams), but there’s a few HUGE pics of it in the dinning room. I stare at them when I have a moment to do so. Okay, I do that and I look over the dinning room at the guys when they’re eating (never staring) when I have a free moment. My boss finds it funny as hell, too. She asked me to put the sign we’re gonna hang in the press room in the van and I put it in the front passenger (the only seat other than the driver’s in the van) and buckled it in. LMAO She laughed about it off and on a bit all day. Calls me a Nut Ball. So, I’m a Sox Nut….LOL…there’s nothing wrong with that. :cool:

But, sadly, a co-worker of mine doesn’t know ANYTHING of baseball. I was eating lunch yesterday, we eat in their dinning room (when they’re not in there) and at their tables (WOW!), and she asked me where the White Sox were from. I nearly choked on my sandwich. Took me three minutes to swallow the thing after she said that. She thought my reaction was funny and I was about ready to call towards the locker room for the boys to come and let her know that they were the Gods of Baseball…GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ I never thought I would live to hear that question. :angry: But, seeing how she said she wouldn’t mind learning the game after thinking the guys were cute as hell, I printed out the Abbreviations and instructions on how to find a player’s ERA and AVE. She thanked me!! LOL and there’s a chance of her liking the Sox. I can only hope, seeing how she’s having a hard time getting into the whole baseball “thing” >>cringes<< I’m trying to help her out. And I’ll keep trying…LOL but, the boss loves the guys, too, so there’s help. :cool:

My co-worker and I, also, switch days on who cleans the tables and who restocks everything. I restock again tomorrow seeing how I cleaned tables today. Yesterday, I was walking back, along the line, to get some more drinks for them, when one of the players (I can’t think of most of their names since I walked up to the front of the Club House) stepped back and nearly bumped me into a table. LOL That happened a few times to both of us in there. I step back and wave them by and nod respectfully when I see one of the boys turn to walk towards/by me. The carpet in the dinning room, also, likes to catch you any chance it has. I almost lost my feet into several guys yesterday and the walls, as well…..and again today, but it was mainly the tables and walls and chairs I was headed for.

But, seeing how we’re setting up to get swamped after the press get here, I may not have the time to post for a while. I’ll try to post, though, just not sure when that will be. Taking care of the boys comes first and if I’m lucky to stay awake on the way home, I’m doing good. We each pull a three man job to do it all right, and we do it better!!! LOL Nothing is instant wanna-be food, either. We cook it all and we haul it all. I show up 30+ minutes before my shift just to help load up the van and get the food ready for them and I stay 30+ - 45+ minutes late to help get ready for the dinner shift. I am on the clock for the most part, but some things are free of the pay check. NO PROBLEM!!! It’s all for the Sox!!! :cool: :D: No one said anything about the Pin Stripe, but none of us were much for talk today. Not after the 13 – 06 loss to the DBacks. But, they noticed and some smiled. JR looked twice at me every time he saw me and had that “what are you doing” look on his face. I’ve been HIGHLY pissed at him since he killed Ol’ Sox Park and this is about it. If he can’t recognize a Sox Fan, …… :ohno…….I’m worried about our Boys.
But, hey, this is still our year….I’m sure we’ve got the series :D:

GO SOX!!!

- Foxo……:gulp:

P.S. I haven’t had a chance to check the score of the game today, so, I can’t post it. Sorry, Guys. But I hope my Lucky Sox Hat gave its luck to our boys. :D:
It’s all for the Sox!

Oh, I got a Scrubs hat and am getting a black "X" sewn over the "C"......I told my boss about it and I've been told not to wear it when the Scrubs come to town......we feed them, too. but they only get sandwiches, the Sox get the GOOD STUFF!!! LOL we do our best to spoil them :D:

LongDistanceFan
03-02-2002, 10:51 PM
man you sound like you are having a blast................ have a great time........... you will always remember this time.

btw............ what is >>>>> Red Pin Stripe hat <<<<<<<<<<

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Fox 2 6 21
No one said anything about the Pin Stripe [cap], but none of us were much for talk today. Not after the 13 – 06 loss to the DBacks. But, they noticed and some smiled. JR looked twice at me every time he saw me and had that “what are you doing” look on his face. I’ve been HIGHLY pissed at him since he killed Ol’ Sox Park and this is about it. If he can’t recognize a Sox Fan, I’m worried about our Boys.
But, hey, this is still our year….I’m sure we’ve got the series :D:

GO SOX!!!

LOL! Reinsdorf was probably staring at your hat wondering whether it was officially licensed by MLB. I could tell you funny stories about the heights of cheap they will go through to squeeze a few more dimes on that front.

Good stuff. Keep us updated on the Sox foodservice front. Enquiring Sox Fans want to know!

:gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Good stuff. Keep us updated on the Sox foodservice front. Enquiring Sox Fans want to know!

Just what we need, the debate over Jose and the Choice's dinner.

Who eats the best dinner? :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Just what we need, the debate over Jose and the Choice's dinner.

Who eats the best dinner? :D:

You know, West and I tried to get the Sox spring training catering business for the WSI McDonald's. I burnt the fries, daver goofed on their drive-through order, and security guard West accidently discharged his gun.

I don't think they took our offer seriously.

:smile:

Soxheads
03-02-2002, 11:53 PM

You know, West and I tried to get the Sox spring training catering business for the WSI McDonald's. I burnt the fries, daver goofed on their drive-through order, and security guard West accidently discharged his gun.

I don't think they took our offer seriously.

:smile:

Does this help my chances of getting a job here? :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Does this help my chances of getting a job here? :D:

I dunno. I guess it depends on whether you've been working your magic on those toilet bowls.

:)

Soxheads
03-02-2002, 11:59 PM

I dunno. I guess it depends on whether you've been working your magic on those toilet bowls.

Did you know Jerry's dropped his glasses in the toilets three times in the last week?

I've got an order in for those laser toilets that automatically flush. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2002, 12:01 AM

Did you know Jerry's dropped his glasses in the toilets three times in the last week?

I've got an order in for those laser toilets that automatically flush. :smile:

WHAT!!! You just blew WSI's annual operating budget.

Send them back!

:cool:

Daver
03-03-2002, 12:04 AM

Send them back!

Geez Heads,you have any Idea what those things cost?,Damn there goes my raise.:redneck

Soxheads
03-03-2002, 12:05 AM

Send them back!

Don't let George fool you, folks. The new stuff in the WSI Supporter's Shop is being used to pay for new toilets. Why do you think I became a patron so quick? :cool:

doublem23
03-03-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by daver

Geez Heads,you have any Idea what those things cost?,Damn there goes my raise.:redneck

On the plus side, you may not have enough money to buy FWC any more ammo. :D:

Soxheads
03-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

On the plus side, you may not have enough money to buy FWC any more ammo. :D:

That's always a plus. :smile:

Daver
03-03-2002, 12:44 AM

That's always a plus. :smile:

Arrows are reusable.

TWANG............................................. .................................................. ...........Thump.

:redneck

Soxheads
03-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by daver

Arrows are reusable.

TWANG............................................. .................................................. ...........Thump.

:redneck

I see a red spot on my rear end.....

CLR01
03-03-2002, 01:23 AM

I see a red spot on my rear end.....

Do you look at your rear end alot?

Soxheads
03-03-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Do you look at your rear end alot?

Yes, I find it's my best feature.

RedPinStripes
03-03-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
man you sound like you are having a blast................ have a great time........... you will always remember this time.

btw............ what is >>>>> Red Pin Stripe hat <<<<<<<<<<

I don't think they ever wore RedPinStriped hats, but I'd like to get one. I like this guy already.

LongDistanceFan
03-03-2002, 08:15 AM
who does royce hangs out with????????? who does he eat with? i wonder if he has any friends on the team

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2002, 10:12 AM
This is information you would not get at the official site or anywhere else on the internet.

Another WSI EXCLUSIVE.

Woo hoo!!!!

Jjav829
03-03-2002, 10:34 AM
who does royce hangs out with????????? who does he eat with? i wonder if he has any friends on the team

No one. No. and No. :smile:

LongDistanceFan
03-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

No one. No. and No. :smile: now be careful and don't lose your job............. enjoy it as i said................ :)

Fox 2 6 21
03-04-2002, 12:16 AM
I must admit, I don't have the time to see and remember who sits with who when they eat. They move in shifts and we do what we can to get them eating as fast as we can....plus, my mind goes on vacation once I see the Club House....LMAO....I can only remember a handful of names and I forget all else....no matter what I do, I forget it all.

But, I do get around to joking with the managers and a few other guys....but not many players...I say let them eat and relax while they can....

I got on a permanent spot on the Club House Lunch crew.... 'Bout all that's new....today we had 3 extra people to help with a 12-13 person job....we were out numbered again, but we got it all done and the Boys were taken care of first :D:

But, other than taking on the dinning room solo on the most hectic day so far...which is going to be all the home games....hearing stories go around the room...and one prick, who is a scrubs fan, at work saying " Ooooooh, why are you wearing a Red Sox hat?" I damn near decked the fool, but that would have been it for my job :angry: He later told me, "You should try going for the northsiders." "Yeah, and you can kiss my #$%," was my responce.....Boss lady laughed....LOL

We have the press and everything tomorrow as well.....so I doubt I'll hear anything.....but I'll keep my ears open....

I wouldn't put it past Jerry R. to check on the lisnce of the hat, either....hell, it looks like some of the players don't even know it's a White Sox hat.....which it IS....I'm gonna push to get the scrubs hat fixed on payday.....I'll let you know how they like it....LOL....but JR didn't even show today....he was probably hiding.

- Foxo....:gulp:

LongDistanceFan
03-04-2002, 12:36 AM
I must admit, I don't have the time to see and remember who sits with who when they eat. They move in shifts and we do what we can to get them eating as fast as we can....plus, my mind goes on vacation once I see the Club House....LMAO....I can only remember a handful of names and I forget all else....no matter what I do, I forget it all.

But, I do get around to joking with the managers and a few other guys....but not many players...I say let them eat and relax while they can....

I got on a permanent spot on the Club House Lunch crew.... 'Bout all that's new....today we had 3 extra people to help with a 12-13 person job....we were out numbered again, but we got it all done and the Boys were taken care of first :D:

But, other than taking on the dinning room solo on the most hectic day so far...which is going to be all the home games....hearing stories go around the room...and one prick, who is a scrubs fan, at work saying " Ooooooh, why are you wearing a Red Sox hat?" I damn near decked the fool, but that would have been it for my job :angry: He later told me, "You should try going for the northsiders." "Yeah, and you can kiss my #$%," was my responce.....Boss lady laughed....LOL

We have the press and everything tomorrow as well.....so I doubt I'll hear anything.....but I'll keep my ears open....

I wouldn't put it past Jerry R. to check on the lisnce of the hat, either....hell, it looks like some of the players don't even know it's a White Sox hat.....which it IS....I'm gonna push to get the scrubs hat fixed on payday.....I'll let you know how they like it....LOL....but JR didn't even show today....he was probably hiding.

- Foxo....:gulp: do you know if those guys mention this site?????????

as an ex some hockey players read the blackhawks ites.

Fox 2 6 21
03-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Hey, Guys, got GREAT news!!!!!! One, I’m back on lunches!! WOOHOO!!! LOL and two, ……….. (sit down lol)….when I finally get to Chicago and want to stay in food service with the Sox, I can use the company I’m with as a reference and will have the job in their cafeteria in the park!!! WOOHOO!!!! LMAOROTF….I’m ready to pas out…LOL!

:beer

I just got back from the Club House….pulled a double….I just thought you all would like to know. :)

Time to …. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

- Foxo…..:gulp:

Fox 2 6 21
03-12-2002, 03:51 PM
do you know if those guys mention this site?????????

as an ex some hockey players read the blackhawks ites.

Never heard 'em talk about it......but who knows....lol

- Foxo.....:gulp:

voodoochile
03-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Maybe you can get a WSI t-shirt and wear it. That way the players will find out about us - if they don't already know from the convention that is.

Fox 2 6 21
03-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe you can get a WSI t-shirt and wear it. That way the players will find out about us - if they don't already know from the convention that is.

It's White Sox logo or company shirt......lol.....I think I can get the boss to ok the WSI shirt....:smile:....lol....not a problem.....besides payday is this friday....:smile:....time to get the book and a shirt, or two....lol....I only wear White Sox stuff. :D: :D: :D:

- Foxo.....:gulp:

Fox 2 6 21
03-14-2002, 12:17 AM
If it is not White Sox Sanctioned or licensed.....whatever it is.... :angry: ....we can not wear it.....my boss LOVES the shirts, she REALLY wishes we could wear it, but she's scared that by us doing so would start a fight with Jerry. If he's not getting a cut of the green, he don't wanna see it.... :angry: .....#@%$@# Prick....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry: :angry: :angry:

But I checked :angry: just can't get passed Jerry unless you're sharing the cash with him. :angry: :angry:

But, he's a prick anyway....... :angry:

- Foxo......:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2002, 10:01 AM
If it is not White Sox Sanctioned or licensed.....whatever it is.... ....we can not wear it.....my boss LOVES the shirts, she REALLY wishes we could wear it, but she's scared that by us doing so would start a fight with Jerry. If he's not getting a cut of the green, he don't wanna see it.... .....#@%$@# Prick....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But I checked :angry: just can't get passed Jerry unless you're sharing the cash with him.

But, he's a prick anyway.......

- Foxo......

The voice of experience says, "I'm not surprised."

Fox 2 6 21
03-14-2002, 11:43 PM

The voice of experience says, "I'm not surprised."

No %#@#. :angry:
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Daver
03-14-2002, 11:48 PM

No %#@#. :angry:
:angry: :angry: :angry:

No need to get upset,PHG burned the fries again too.:redneck

LongDistanceFan
03-15-2002, 07:54 PM
so foxo tell us how you really feel......... :D:

you still have a great spot........

Fox 2 6 21
03-23-2002, 01:05 AM
so foxo tell us how you really feel......... :D:

you still have a great spot........

LOL......it's beyound words..........

but.....sadly..... :whiner: ......I've got two more days left that I'll see the guys :whiner:

I wanted to latch on to them all and not let go today :(:

LMAO.....I doubt they would've minded, tho...LOL

I'm not Food GUY as some think ....... the guys get pissy about EVERYTHING when a guy is they to serve 'em......lol I was there to help and serve SOME....but they pitched a fit a little (keep in mind, this was a WHILE ago) and I had to do alllllll the serving......lol ....... the guys didn't want the dude near their food.......LMAO I take over and the guys smile and start their regular joking with each other and stories and not looking at the new guy that was looking like he was taking over my spot....... I was filled in on that part later.....LMAO......

OH!!!!!!!!

I found out that when I move to Chicago (gonna check on the 2 apartment places that are less than 1 and 1.6 miles from the park.....they have opennings and I been watching how it's going....lol) I just mention my bosses name when I check about a job in the kitchen at the park to feed the boys durring the season and I'm HIRED!!!!!!!!!! :o: :o: :o:

LMAOROTF!!!!!!

Ready to pass out ......LOL but, I've got another year be4 I can move, so, I'll get one more Spring Training bit with the company (already been "pre-hired" for next year) and then I'll head on up.....figure April 10th would be good.....time enough to get a day's rest, pack, and book it up to Chicago...LMAOROTF....

But, until then, I got a bar gig set up a few weeks after this one.... it's temoprary, unless a guy quits like he's talking about....then I'll be back behind the bar until March :D: LOL Gotta get money to be with the guys again....LMAOROTF :D:

- Foxo.......:gulp:

Fox 2 6 21
03-29-2002, 02:09 AM
Today was my last day working with the boys :whiner: , but, not only did I find out it takes 45 minutes for Royce to have his hair done, I got the names of a few people to call once I get in town for a job in the park..........I was offered a FEW today :o: LMAO WOW!!!! But, I can't follow 'em home this year.....I WILL next year, and I can get a hold of one of the people in the office and they said they'ld show me around the town WOOHOO!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! LMAOROTF They said I could have a job in The Bull Pen or the Suites they have....."which ever you would like better"....:o:....but they, also, said (knowing I've got some time behind the bar) that I'll be a good fit in The Bull Pen (there goes my season tickets....LOL....fair enough for me, though )....WOOHOO!!!!! LMAOROTF....they said they'ld e-mail me later about pointers and info about places and what not there.....but, seeing how our Boys are in season, just about, if I don't hear from them before Spring Training again....we DO have a series to take :D:....I'll see them then.....and they said they'ld have an opening (or find one if they don't) for me next year.......BABY, I'M COMIN' HOME!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! LMAOROTF

Oh, I still have work with the minors for a few more days, but this will be my last posting here........gotta gear up for my next job

But, being the Totally Biased Sox Fan I am, and in keeping the good name we ALL have :D: ( I did drop everything in my life to work for and WITH the Boys) LOL....I spent most of the Spring Traing Scrubby Bashing one dude I work with is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in love with his Black Cat Losers it's gotten to be FUN!!!! LMAO but even SEEING him make me wanna hurl for distance......the scrubby sh*t oozes out of him......:chunks him living should be a crime against humanity, I SWEAR Him and I have come SOOOOOOOO close to brawling this month, too, the only reason I haven't beat his sorry tail to a pulp is I don't want to get his Scrub Fan blood all over thew walls and carpet of the Baseball Gods' dining room and Club House....ya DON'T muck up Holy Ground!!!!! lol But, he was going on and on about getting tickets....NEEDING TICKETS to, yet, another (Sox vs.) scrub game.....I turned around and in front of several players said "you really DO love to watch your team lose, don't you?" the Boys were LOVIN' IT :D: he just looked at another co-worker and asked "are you listening to this?" the dude ain't got sh*t to say when the Boys are in the room, or watching, which I have noticed they love to do :D: but, where they're not there, he does the "by the numbers" B.S. LMAOROTF.....I'm calling work, or just gonna show up and ask him where those "numbers" were today LMAOROTF.....they were and ARE on the back of that Black Cat of theirs LMAOROTF I've mentioned that in front of the Boys before...they started cracking up LMAOROTF but, I GOTTA remind him that the 22 - 7 Sox WIN wasn't just a Fluke for the Gods of Baseball :D: after all, we got a SERIES TO TAKE!!!!!!!!
GO SOX!!!!!!

LongDistanceFan
03-29-2002, 06:26 AM
thanks for posting, how did the boys felt when they wup on the sCrubs today?

how can anyone spend 45 mins on a hair do?

:?:

KempersRS
03-29-2002, 08:10 AM
I hope you have a lot of open space around your desk so you don't hurt yourself doing all this rolling around.

Fox 2 6 21
03-31-2002, 01:51 AM
thanks for posting, how did the boys felt when they wup on the sCrubs today?

how can anyone spend 45 mins on a hair do?

:?:

Dunno.....and I only got to see the Boys before the game.....I was out feeding the Farm Teams when I heard the score.....I WISH I had been able to see them after it, though.

Fox 2 6 21
03-31-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I hope you have a lot of open space around your desk so you don't hurt yourself doing all this rolling around.

:?: what am I missing here??????

- Foxo....:gulp:

Fox 2 6 21
03-31-2002, 02:02 AM
OH, but, as another Update.....:o: :D: I got enough to get into town and make due until I get a paycheck....looks like I may get a shot at The Bull Pen bar this year after all :D: :D: :D:

anyone know of good cheap places to stay within a few miles of the park, though???? all I can find online is in the Northside.....i'm looking at motels and YWCA rent-a-rooms

Jerry_Manuel
03-31-2002, 11:59 AM
:?: what am I missing here??????

You said "LMAOROTF" which mean laughing my ass off rolling on the floor. You said that a number of times in one of your posts. Kempers hopes you have a lot of room to be doing all this rolling around.

Fox 2 6 21
03-31-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You said "LMAOROTF" which mean laughing my ass off rolling on the floor. You said that a number of times in one of your posts. Kempers hopes you have a lot of room to be doing all this rolling around.

LMAO....I'm making room as I go, Man. :D: LMAO

I'm still hyped as hell.....LMAOROTF.....there'll be room ifin it ain't there already :D:

- Foxo.......:gulp: