PDA

View Full Version : David Wells = Fat Slob

RKMeibalane
03-02-2002, 03:56 PM
I don't if anyone has seen this, but earlier in the week on ESPN, I saw a clip of David Wells doing running drills. Somone mentioned that he has lost weight since last season. If that's the case, then I'm estatic that he's not on the Sox anymore, because he looked as out of shape and overweight as any professional athlete I've ever seen.

I can't wait until Thomas faces him and blasts one four hundred and fifty feet.

RedPinStripes
03-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I don't if anyone has seen this, but earlier in the week on ESPN, I saw a clip of David Wells doing running drills. Somone mentioned that he has lost weight since last season. If that's the case, then I'm estatic that he's not on the Sox anymore, because he looked as out of shape and overweight as any professional athlete I've ever seen.

I can't wait until Thomas faces him and blasts one four hundred and fifty feet.

He looks a hell of a lot better then he did last year.

CubKilla
03-02-2002, 05:35 PM
A professional would have lost the weight, regardless of the team he was playing for, if he looked like David Wells in 2001. Since he's playing for his fav team, the Yankees, he figures now I have something to prove. Alas, DW loses the weight. Good to see professionalism and class runs through DW's veins. NOT!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2002, 10:19 PM
There is no doubt in my mind Wells is in better shape to play ball this season than he was for the Sox last season. Whatever that says about his professionalism, you decide.

Last summer, somebody in the media (Rogers?) noted that Phil Garner was the one that ended Wells super-fat boy career. It was Garner's Tigers who wore out Wells laying down bunts against his fat ***. That is where Don Baylor got the idea to use the same strategy in the Cubs series at Comiskey the following week. As you may recall, Wells injured himself trying to field one of those bunts.

Did Wells get back in (relative) shape because he wants to play for New York or was it simply the only way he could hope to ever pitch in MLB again? I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

:garner
"Hello again, ********! I chased Boomer straight out of the division. Now we've got Simas and Bill Veeck's kid. I've got things rockin' in Detroit again! You wanna fight?"

RedPinStripes
03-03-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
There is no doubt in my mind Wells is in better shape to play ball this season than he was for the Sox last season. Whatever that says about his professionalism, you decide.

Last summer, somebody in the media (Rogers?) noted that Phil Garner was the one that ended Wells super-fat boy career. It was Garner's Tigers who wore out Wells laying down bunts against his fat ***. That is where Don Baylor got the idea to use the same strategy in the Cubs series at Comiskey the following week. As you may recall, Wells injured himself trying to field one of those bunts.

Did Wells get back in (relative) shape because he wants to play for New York or was it simply the only way he could hope to ever pitch in MLB again? I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

:garner
"Hello again, ********! I chased Boomer straight out of the division. Now we've got Simas and Bill Veeck's kid. I've got things rockin' in Detroit again! You wanna fight?"

Am i the only one that is waiting for another fight between the Sox and Tigers? I'd love to see the Sox take them on street style like Phill and his thugs did in 2000. Kind of funny that every team Garner manages fights with the Sox. Wasn't he the manager when the Sox brawled with the brewers also?

RKMeibalane
03-03-2002, 12:44 PM
He was. I remember that game. Frank Thomas and Ron Karkovice ganged up on Fernando Vina and pounded him. It was hilarious.

yyz
03-03-2002, 03:37 PM
It will be a sweet, sweet moment when Frank knocks one out on Fatass Wells. May 27, 28 or 29, assuming Wells' turn comes up.