PDA

View Full Version : Props to Lipman

FarWestChicago
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Lip,

You used to drive me nuts raving on and on about how Kenny Rogers was by far the best pitcher in MLB. I always thought it was just another of your angles to rip on the Sox. I owe you an apology. He owns all so far in the playoffs. :D:

beckett21
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Scary that I also thought of Lip today as Rogers was walking off the field to a standing ovation.

Too bad he's boycotting the playoffs. His boy did him proud today. :D:

FarWestChicago
10-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Scary that I also thought of Lip today as Rogers was walking off the field to a standing ovation.

Too bad he's boycotting the playoffs. His boy did him proud today. :D:Hey, what can you say. Lip is beyond vindicated on this one. The Gambler rules. :D:

beckett21
10-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey, what can you say. Lip is beyond vindicated on this one. The Gambler rules. :D:

:yup:

cbotnyse
10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
The Gambler is having one hell of a post season.

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2006, 10:59 PM

Too bad he's boycotting the playoffs. His boy did him proud today. :D:

I was thinking about how those same fans booed him out of the stadium last All Star Game. Funny how things work

fquaye149
10-14-2006, 02:36 AM
He's imagining all opposing hitters as cameramen

strikeout=push over

southside rocks
10-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Here's to Lip. :gulp:

I didn't think Rogers could repeat his incredible performance of the ALDS, but by gosh, he did. He looks ready to take the Tiggers all the way through the World Series. Wow!

harwar
10-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Lip,

You used to drive me nuts raving on and on about how Kenny Rogers was by far the best pitcher in MLB. I always thought it was just another of your angles to rip on the Sox. I owe you an apology. He owns all so far in the playoffs. :D:

I've always enjoyed Lips' point of view on things.My failing health prevents me from posting like i used to but at least i lived long enough to see this.:thud:

Oblong
10-14-2006, 08:47 AM
I was thinking about how those same fans booed him out of the stadium last All Star Game. Funny how things work

Yep. But most of that was due to the belief that his all star spot should have went to Bonderman, which is interesting in and of itself.

I don't think it had much to do with the cameraman incident. At least it didn't for me when I booed him. I wish more ball players would do that stuff to the media. Guillermo (formerly known as Willie) Hernandez is in my personal Hall of Fame for dumping a bucket full of ice on Mitch Albom back in 1988.

Frater Perdurabo
10-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Yep, Lip is right.

But then again, I've always agreed with Lip on Rogers. :tongue:

Jeff Nelson, not so much. :redneck

Lip Man 1
10-14-2006, 01:16 PM
West:

No problem. Thanks. Rogers is just one of those guys who 'knows' how to pitch. I can't explain it.

Leyland was apparently also right when he said it was the Texas heat that was killing him in the second half of seasons.

I think he could have been a big help to the team, especially in those years like 2002, 2003, 2004 but at least with 2005 that's become something of a moot point (or moo point--the point of view of the cows as Joey says...)

Lip

nasox
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I wanted us to sign him two years ago. Oh well, things worked out ok last year. Good game, kenny boy.

FarWestChicago
10-14-2006, 01:41 PM
West:

No problem. Thanks. Rogers is just one of those guys who 'knows' how to pitch. I can't explain it.You don't need to explain it. You have empirical evidence backing you up. :D:

beckett21
10-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Yep. But most of that was due to the belief that his all star spot should have went to Bonderman, which is interesting in and of itself.

I don't think it had much to do with the cameraman incident. At least it didn't for me when I booed him. I wish more ball players would do that stuff to the media. Guillermo (formerly known as Willie) Hernandez is in my personal Hall of Fame for dumping a bucket full of ice on Mitch Albom back in 1988.

Sorry, but I can't endorse physical violence as an answer to dealing with the media.

Don't like cameras following you, don't play the game. Those millions of dollars come with some baggage. Deal with it like an adult.

Rogers is proving his salt as a pitcher; let's not go overboard here.

Oblong
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I endorse harmless shoving when that person thinks their standing as a media member entitles them to be an ass and relentless.