PDA

View Full Version : Let's get real guys......

Cuck_The_Fubs
10-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I got an idea that will end this "A-Rod", Tejada, And Suzuki nonsense. Screw the bat. Get the arm(s) in the bullpen, and leave it at that.

Let Sweeney be the leadoff man, and train him to steal bases.

fquaye149
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I got an idea that will end this "A-Rod", Tejada, And Suzuki nonsense. Screw the bat. Get the arm(s) in the bullpen, and leave it at that.

I guess. Then let's just cross our fingers and hope Dye and Crede can repeat career years, that AJ Paulie and Thome don't regress AT ALL, that Sweeny can better Pods' production, that Uribe doesn't have another execrable year, and that BA continues the trend he showed in the second half....oh and pray that our starting pitching comes back to form.

Because the Twins and Tigers are only getting better.

The point is, we can't assure an improvement in SP or BP over the offseason w/ acquisitions...but we can pretty much assure an improvement in offense by acquiring one of the three players you mentioned (and probably a defensive improvement too)....

so you make the moves that make your team better, even if that means you aren't addressing the OBVIOUS need (because in this case, the obvious need seems difficult if not improbable to address)

samram
10-13-2006, 11:42 PM

Once again, adding a superstar through a trade does not preclude the addition of bullpen help.

FedEx227
10-14-2006, 12:01 AM

I'm assuming you would prefer montage style?

samram
10-14-2006, 08:39 AM

The hours approaching, just give it your best (http://www.lyricsbox.com/team-america-lyrics-montage-jbg7jr2.html)
You've got to reach your prime.
Thatís when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
We're gonna need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of whatís going on (whatís going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take too long
Thatís called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

(MontageÖmontage)

Anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

WizardsofOzzie
10-14-2006, 09:40 AM

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8166/603image08qs6.jpg

TheOldRoman
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I guess. Then let's just cross our fingers and hope Dye and Crede can repeat career years, that AJ Paulie and Thome don't regress AT ALL, that Sweeny can better Pods' production, that Uribe doesn't have another execrable year, and that BA continues the trend he showed in the second half....oh and pray that our starting pitching comes back to form.

Because the Twins and Tigers are only getting better.

The point is, we can't assure an improvement in SP or BP over the offseason w/ acquisitions...but we can pretty much assure an improvement in offense by acquiring one of the three players you mentioned (and probably a defensive improvement too)....

so you make the moves that make your team better, even if that means you aren't addressing the OBVIOUS need (because in this case, the obvious need seems difficult if not improbable to address)

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Craig Grebeck
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM

I still don't understand how signing a couple of middle relievers will launch this team to greatness. Relievers are relievers because they are not good enough to start. They aren't our saviors. The last thing we need to do is lob millions at Justin Speier and Jamie Walker becasue they had career years.

And we don't need a burner at the top. This lineup is built for power, we just need guys on base.

NardiWasHere
10-14-2006, 02:56 PM

I don't think this is serious. It can't be, can it? Can it?

Palehose13
10-14-2006, 03:11 PM

Getting more/different guys for the bullpen in 2007 is a given. KW and Ozzie have both stated that they are going to do that.

However, if you think just getting some middle relief help is all that this team needs, we were watching 2 different teams last year. The fact is one of these 3 positions (LF, CF, or SS) needs to improve offensively. At first glance one would assume that Pods is out because he wasn't getting the job done at all last year...at least Uribe and Anderson have gloves.

The fact is that the Sox have a surplus of starting pitching and want to move a pitcher so that McCarthy can move into the rotation. The position that the Sox are in (looking to move a starting pitcher) is one of strength. You don't move established MLB starting pitchers for middle relief. So I think most of us logical thinkers realize that KW will most likely move a SP for either LF, SS, or CF.

Getting better arms is a given. Why not improve the offense? This team was too station to station and had a black hole in the 8-9-1 slots. I would like too see either a new leadoff hitter(Crawford or Suzuki) that will get the job done or a speedy #3-type hitter (Arod) to break up the sloths in the middle of the order. That with an improved bullpen, IMO, will bring us back to being a championship caliber team.

esbrechtel
10-14-2006, 04:51 PM
bullpen and michael young....im good with that

slavko
10-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Getting more/different guys for the bullpen in 2007 is a given. KW and Ozzie have both stated that they are going to do that.

However, if you think just getting some middle relief help is all that this team needs, we were watching 2 different teams last year. The fact is one of these 3 positions (LF, CF, or SS) needs to improve offensively. At first glance one would assume that Pods is out because he wasn't getting the job done at all last year...at least Uribe and Anderson have gloves.

The fact is that the Sox have a surplus of starting pitching and want to move a pitcher so that McCarthy can move into the rotation. The position that the Sox are in (looking to move a starting pitcher) is one of strength. You don't move established MLB starting pitchers for middle relief. So I think most of us logical thinkers realize that KW will most likely move a SP for either LF, SS, or CF.

Getting better arms is a given. Why not improve the offense? This team was too station to station and had a black hole in the 8-9-1 slots. I would like too see either a new leadoff hitter(Crawford or Suzuki) that will get the job done or a speedy #3-type hitter (Arod) to break up the sloths in the middle of the order. That with an improved bullpen, IMO, will bring us back to being a championship caliber team.

Yeah. Gospel.

Scottzilla
10-15-2006, 12:57 AM

while were at it why dont we "train" thome and konerko to run faster than 3 legged sloths.

Gavin
10-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think this is serious. It can't be, can it? Can it?

Cryo-tainment.