Gammons Peter
10-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Just heard on WSCR

Crede_Fan
10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Anything else? Like where he is going?

DaleJRFan
10-13-2006, 04:04 PM
...and the Sandy Alomar bench coach era begins.

lumpyspun
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I love how we use He gone on this site for stuff like this....but my favorite is still "Pluto-He gone"

Gammons Peter
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Dusty is available

Frontman
10-13-2006, 04:09 PM
...and the Sandy Alomar bench coach era begins.

Then who is to be our backup catcher?!??!?

Foulke You
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a feeling the new bench coach is going to be Razor Shines. They did bring him in at the end of the year. I wonder if that was a tryout to see if the players liked him?

Now if Cora gets a manager job somewhere, then Ozzie is going to have to fill 2 coaching spots.

SABRSox
10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
This was expected. Waiting for an official press release from the White Sox.

23Ventura
10-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Why didn't they want Raines back?

Crede_Fan
10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Was Raines interviewing with anyone?

Foulke You
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I get the impression it has to do with money.

Joosh
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM

I thought it had something to do with Raines wanting to manage, but I'm not sure.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Dusty is available
:tealtutor:

MeteorsSox4367
10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like Baines was bored coaching first base. Raines would run down there trying to beat out the infielder's warmup throws and seemed more enthusiastic.

Either way, I liked Raines as a player and coach and wish him well.

lumpyspun
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I get the impression he couldn't learn Spanish quick enough.

$50 says that every coach on this team speaks fluent Spanish in the next three years.

*** was wrong with Rock? Harold Baines sucks at 1B and Ozzie isn't going to look for anyone better. At least Rock knew how to steal and get good reads/jumps. Why they moved him to bench coach in the first place is a mystery to me.

Calm down Mr. Raines, someone will hire you...

BA: The Hitman
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty baffled my this move. First of all I have no idea why he was switched to bench coach for this past season. Baines looked like a statue standing down there by first base. Whatever the reason may be, good luck to Rock in the future....

alohafri
10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd rather have seen Joey Cora out the revolving door and Rock coaching third.

Domeshot17
10-13-2006, 05:07 PM
This is just who is more of Ozzies friend crap. Joey Cora is his best friend, so even though hes one of the 3 worst 3rd base coaches in baseball, his job is on lockdown unless he gets offered a managers job. Tim Raines was so low on the totem poll when Harold "i look like im sleepin at first base" Baines asked to be more involved and wanted to coach a base, he got the bump.

What should have happened was harold moved into the role of hitting coach, raines moved to 3rd, cora to the bench, and razor to first, but, nope,

Hitmen77
10-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I love how we use He gone on this site for stuff like this....but my favorite is still "Pluto-He gone"

:rolling:

That thread was freaking hilarious.

beckett21
10-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Let's not forget that Raines had health issues which were said to contribute to his desire to be the bench coach, IIRC.

It's unfair to make assumptions without all of the facts in this case.

Palehose13
10-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Let's not forget that Raines had health issues which were said to contribute to his desire to be the bench coach, IIRC.

It's unfair to make assumptions without all of the facts in this case.

But then you're taking all the fun out of it! :D:

soxwon
10-13-2006, 05:16 PM
This was expected. Waiting for an official press release from the White Sox.
Cora never used his STOP sign's
get ride of him.

soxinem1
10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty baffled my this move. First of all I have no idea why he was switched to bench coach for this past season. Baines looked like a statue standing down there by first base. Whatever the reason may be, good luck to Rock in the future....

I'm sort of wondering why this was done as well. I mean, Oz claims they 2007 team will return to doing all the little things, then they let go one of the best base stealers (by number and percentage) of all time?

Harold will always be aces with me, but Raines had what, 800+ steals, and Baines had what, maybe 40 in his career? What does he know about pitchers moves to first or preparing for steal situations?

It must mean that Razor Shines or even Daryl Boston will somehow be joining the 2007 staff.

Cora never used his STOP sign's
get ride of him.

That'll work in my book, too.

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Wasn't this known a while ago?

gbergman
10-13-2006, 06:11 PM
This sucks I liked Raines. Putting Baines out there seriously hurt us baserunning this year. I think with Raines we would of had more steals, more runs, and a few more wins potentially.

zmz723
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
So is someone going to start the *official* Tim Raines Appreciation Thread? :D:

Crede_Fan
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Here is the WhiteSox.com report.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061013&content_id=1711654&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

And it was Ozzie's call.

buehrle4cy05
10-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Now who's going to catch the first pitch before each game?

beckett21
10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Here is the WhiteSox.com report.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061013&content_id=1711654&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

And it was Ozzie's call.

Well I guess that answers that question.

FWIW I really liked Raines as well, but I'm not with the club every day.

goon
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
tim raines was my favorite white sox player when i began following baseball and my family started going to sox games. kinda sucks, i wish they would have kept him as first base coach, oh well. good luck, rock.

slavko
10-13-2006, 07:17 PM
But then you're taking all the fun out of it! :D:

Hell, there goes the Internet!

Gregory Pratt
10-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Poor Tim Raines.

He's my favorite player who'll never be in the Hall of Fame but should be. Mainly because a) people don't appreciate steals as much as they should and b) he admitted to doing cocaine in between at-bats, carrying vials in his backpocket and sliding facefirst to avoid breaking them. Cool stuff, but it'll cost him.

I wish he were still at First. But, best of luck.

PS: I don't think Shines is coming up. Right now, he's too valuable in Charlotte to be brought up to do a job that is better left to someone else so he can raise our babies.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 07:44 PM
b) he admitted to doing cocaine in between at-bats, carrying vials in his backpocket and sliding facefirst to avoid breaking them. Cool stuff, but it'll cost him.

Reference?

Gregory Pratt
10-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Reference?

Wikipedia: Also likely to hurt his induction chances is his involvement in the cocaine scandal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_Scandals) of the 1980s. During the Pittsburgh drug trials (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_drug_trials) of 1985, Raines admitted that he would use the drug to get high during games and that he would famously slide headfirst into bases so as not to break the vials he kept in his back pocket. Some believe his nickname of "Rock" may have come due to his penchace for the drug.

I'm too lazy to look up another source just now.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Wikipedia

Interesting, but Wikipedia is not a reliable reference.

Gregory Pratt
10-13-2006, 08:04 PM

I've heard it elsewhere, but that's the only online reference I currently have. By all means, feel free to search away.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, especially with the nickname "rock," I am just saying that I would be careful of believing everything you read on Wikipedia.

It is dangerous for the pursuit of truth for an all-access online encyclopedia to be the gold standard.

Brian26
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Well I guess that answers that question.

Yep, you pretty much nailed it.

I liked Raines too and would have liked to see him back as either the first or thirdbase coach. However, it seems like something happened behind the scenes to sour Ozzie's view of Raines.

TornLabrum
10-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Raines admitted to using cocaine back in the '80s while playing with the Expos, and he admitted to sliding head first in order to protect the vials of the **** he had in his back pocket. He also kicked the habit before he came to the Sox in 1991, and that was just as widely publicized.

I guess some of you weren't around then.

Dibbs
10-13-2006, 08:17 PM

I have heard/read many times that past cocaine abuse is keeping Parker and maybe even "Rock" out of the Hall of Fame. I've never heard about sliding head first to not break vials lol...that seems ridiculous, but you never know.

Anyway, sad to see Raines go. I thought he was a great 1st base coach and was upset he wasn't out in 2006.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 08:19 PM
What I really don't like about this is Ozzie's tendency to not put the best person in the position to get the job done, but in its stead to let his personal relationship with someone supercede skill. There is absolutely no good reason Raines shouldn't have been the first base coach this year.

Brian26
10-13-2006, 08:27 PM
What I really don't like about this is Ozzie's tendency to not put the best person in the position to get the job done, but in its stead to let his personal relationship with someone supercede skill. There is absolutely no good reason Raines shouldn't have been the first base coach this year.

Don't lose sight of the fact that Ozzie hired Raines. If Ozzie felt that there was a reason to let Raines go, then you have to respect him for that. He liked him enough to give him a job in the first place, so respect him even more for accepting that something wasn't working and trying to move on. None of us know what wasn't working, and anything beyond that is speculation.

JB98
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM

How do you know? Do you have any behind-the-scenes information? Why should I believe this post is anything but your personal opinion?

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Brian,

Not one aspect of your post addresses my concern. 2005 with "Rock" Raines as a first base coach resulted in superior performance that was not duplicated when he was relegated to the bench. Raines is a much better first base coach than Baines, end of story.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 09:05 PM
How do you know? Do you have any behind-the-scenes information? Why should I believe this post is anything but your personal opinion?

Look into Ozzie's actions and opinions.

Frontman
10-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Don't lose sight of the fact that Ozzie hired Raines. If Ozzie felt that there was a reason to let Raines go, then you have to respect him for that. He liked him enough to give him a job in the first place, so respect him even more for accepting that something wasn't working and trying to move on. None of us know what wasn't working, and anything beyond that is speculation.

Exactly. That's one of my major gripes that I have with some fans and especially the media in this town. We as fans have little clue as to what might be happening behind closed doors/in the clubhouse/on the road. Who knows why Ozzie never played the "starters" consistently? To have a guy like Mike North, for example, keep beating that one to death is crazy. What, you think Ozzie and KW DON'T want to win another WS title, and that's why they made the moves that they did/played the players that they played? I thought it was very telling when KW was on the radio after the season ended, talking about how many guys took the field hurt, trying to "grind it out" when they were not at 100%.

The same thing could be said about the coaching staff. I find it ironic that last year, Joey Cora could do no wrong, this year many want him strung up for sending runners home. Who knows, maybe Raines needed to get away from the team. The article on whitesox.com says he wanted to return, but maybe he was having troubles that Guillen and co. wanted him to address. (I am not insinuating he's back on cocaine or anything of the sort. Please do NOT read anything into that.) Maybe he wasn't doing much as far as his responsibilities as a bench coach. He did state he wanted to be a base coach again. Any number of reasons could be a factor.

I wish him luck, I hope whatever move is made is the best for the Sox, and we get into the post season in 2007. (God, we have to wait another 11 months to find that out? Yikes! Um, Go Bears?!?!)

Front

Brian26
10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Brian,

Not one aspect of your post addresses my concern. 2005 with "Rock" Raines as a first base coach resulted in superior performance that was not duplicated when he was relegated to the bench. Raines is a much better first base coach than Baines, end of story.

Based on what? There are too many variables for any of us to make that determination. None of us are on the field or in the clubhouse. We don't know what's being said or how much preparation is (or is not) happening. I can't make the claim that Raines is a better firstbase coach than Harold just because Podsednik had more steals in '05 than '06.

Frontman
10-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Based on what? There are too many variables for any of us to make that determination. None of us are on the field or in the clubhouse. We don't know what's being said or how much preparation is (or is not) happening. I can't make the claim that Raines is a better firstbase coach than Harold just because Podsednik had more steals in '05 than '06.

Especially since Scott was entering the 2006 season recovering from off-season surgery. Like you said, Brian; far too many factors contributed to 2005's success to point to any one factor as why the Sox didn't make the 2006 post-season.

Front

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 09:19 PM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. For more info, visit www.komen.org (http://www.komen.org).

Not meaning to derail the topic, but thank you Frontman for putting this in your signature... this really hits close to home for me (see my dedication in the DEDICATED TO... book).

champagne030
10-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Exactly. That's one of my major gripes that I have with some fans and especially the media in this town. We as fans have little clue as to what might be happening behind closed doors/in the clubhouse/on the road. Who knows why Ozzie never played the "starters" consistently? To have a guy like Mike North, for example, keep beating that one to death is crazy. What, you think Ozzie and KW DON'T want to win another WS title, and that's why they made the moves that they did/played the players that they played? I thought it was very telling when KW was on the radio after the season ended, talking about how many guys took the field hurt, trying to "grind it out" when they were not at 100%.

The same thing could be said about the coaching staff. I find it ironic that last year, Joey Cora could do no wrong, this year many want him strung up for sending runners home. Who knows, maybe Raines needed to get away from the team. The article on whitesox.com says he wanted to return, but maybe he was having troubles that Guillen and co. wanted him to address. (I am not insinuating he's back on cocaine or anything of the sort. Please do NOT read anything into that.) Maybe he wasn't doing much as far as his responsibilities as a bench coach. He did state he wanted to be a base coach again. Any number of reasons could be a factor.

I wish him luck, I hope whatever move is made is the best for the Sox, and we get into the post season in 2007. (God, we have to wait another 11 months to find that out? Yikes! Um, Go Bears?!?!)

Front

Exactly! Maybe Ozzie didn't like Tim telling him to pull his head out of his ass and quit playing Mack in CF. Who knows what happened, but obviously something did.

SABRSox
10-13-2006, 09:21 PM
The most important part of that story:

Bullpen catcher Man Soo Lee begins his eighth season as part of the White Sox.

:bandance: http://redsoxchick.mlblogs.com/photos/my_2005_pictorial/lee-thumb.JPG :bandance:

Frontman
10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
The most important part of that story:

Originally Posted by whitesox.com
Bullpen catcher Man Soo Lee begins his eighth season as part of the White Sox.
:bandance: http://redsoxchick.mlblogs.com/photos/my_2005_pictorial/lee-thumb.JPG :bandance:

With that, all things are right in the universe.

Front

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Since Sox fans pay for this whole operation maybe we should be allowed a little more information into the ongoings in the clubhouse and off the field.

It is akin to corporate transparency. If we are buying the product, we should have full knowledge of what is going on during play and off.

Frontman
10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Since Sox fans pay for this whole operation maybe we should be allowed a little more information into the ongoings in the clubhouse and off the field.

It is akin to corporate transparency. If we are buying the product, we should have full knowledge of what is going on during play and off.

Only one problem with that. If we as the fans know whats going on with the details, then the opposition has all the same information as well.

Front

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Only one problem with that. If we as the fans know whats going on with the details, then the opposition has all the same information as well.

Front

I am certain the opposition has a lot more info than we do as fans.

ondafarm
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't think anyone in the Sox organization had any problem with Rock Raines. I don't think for a second he was let go, I think he wanted out. I don't know if that was the usual, spend more time with my family, or if it was, I want to manage elsewhere.

Sad to see him go but I think he left on good terms. I think Raines bench coaching meant Anderson's time on the bench was supposed to be squarely next to Rock. Something I'd give my right arm to do for just a couple of games.

FedEx227
10-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I have heard/read many times that past cocaine abuse is keeping Parker and maybe even "Rock" out of the Hall of Fame. I've never heard about sliding head first to not break vials lol...that seems ridiculous, but you never know.

Anyway, sad to see Raines go. I thought he was a great 1st base coach and was upset he wasn't out in 2006.

Ken Burns said it in Baseball. Its in the last chapter about the new age of baseball. And he does indeed say that Raines was addicted, did it between at-bats and that he slid headfirst to avoid breaking the vials.

This sucks I really loved the Rock. I hope this isn't another Ozzie ego-trip because somebody disagreed with him or because he isn't his buddy or something. I just really hope it was the Rocks decision because I'd hate to see us end our relationship on those terms.

JB98
10-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Look into Ozzie's actions and opinions.

Like what? The only thing I've heard Ozzie say about this is he thought Rock had managerial aspirations and therefore wouldn't be interested in remaining with the Sox as a bench coach.

Frankly, I have no idea what "actions and opinions" you speak of.

JB98
10-13-2006, 11:45 PM

You're not under any obligation to pay anything if you don't like the product. And no, you are not entitled to know what is going on in the clubhouse or in the players' private lives.

SluggersAway
10-13-2006, 11:59 PM
You're not under any obligation to pay anything if you don't like the product. And no, you are not entitled to know what is going on in the clubhouse or in the players' private lives.

Check out the anti-trust exemption for mlb, if it was any other business in America we would know a lot more about the inner workings of the organization.

Check out the latest scandal with HP.

Your reasoning doesn't fly with the way corporate America does business today, and it is done to exactly negate these kind of concerns.

In a purely free market of mutually beneficial exchange I would agree, but that is not the world filled with government regulations that we live under today.

JB98
10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Check out the anti-trust exemption for mlb, if it was any other business in America we would know a lot more about the inner workings of the organization.

Your reasoning doesn't fly with the way corporate America does business today, and it is done to exactly negate these kind of concerns.

In a purely free market of mutually beneficial exchange I would agree, but that is not the world of filled with government regulations that we live under today.

Pure rubbish. This is going to get political if I say anymore. Forget I ever said anything.

SluggersAway
10-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Pure rubbish.

Your skills in reasoning are overpowering. I submit to my overlord.

All of our base belong to you.

JB98
10-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Your skills in reasoning are overpowering. I submit to my overlord.

All of our base belong to you.

Do you know how ****ing ridiculous you sound demanding to know the inner workings of the Sox clubhouse and demanding to know what goes on amongst the coaches and players off the field? It's just ****ing baseball, for crying out loud.

You accused Ozzie of dismissing Raines for personal reasons. You still haven't supported that statement, and now you're trying to create a diversion by arguing about how corporate America works. *****.

lumpyspun
10-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Do you know how ****ing ridiculous you sound demanding to know the inner workings of the Sox clubhouse and demanding to know what goes on amongst the coaches and players off the field? It's just ****ing baseball, for crying out loud.

You accused Ozzie of dismissing Raines for personal reasons. You still haven't supported that statement, and now you're trying to create a diversion by arguing about how corporate America works. *****.

Yea, this is ridiculous. The Sox aren't a publicaly traded company on the market, like "HP". Plus, who is paying for the Sox organization...I spent zero dollars on the Sox this year (besides MLB extra innings). Does that mean someone who had season tix deserves to know the inner workings, but I don't? I can't believe I even wasted my time trying to prove this point...Just b/c ESPN shows us the inner workings of the Dallas Cowboys everyday doesn't mean it's like that for every other team in sports.

getonbckthr
10-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Dusty is available
So is teal

JB98
10-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Yea, this is ridiculous. The Sox aren't a publicaly traded company on the market, like "HP". Plus, who is paying for the Sox organization...I spent zero dollars on the Sox this year (besides MLB extra innings). Does that mean someone who had season tix deserves to know the inner workings, but I don't? I can't believe I even wasted my time trying to prove this point...Just b/c ESPN shows us the inner workings of the Dallas Cowboys everyday doesn't mean it's like that for every other team in sports.

I attended 29 games this year, 27 at the Cell and 2 in Kansas City. Yet I still don't feel entitled to inside information about the personnel moves Ozzie makes.

SluggersAway
10-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Federal Baseball Club Vs. National League, 259 U.S. 200 (1922) (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=CASE&court=US&vol=259&page=200)

Look it up and tell me things wouldn't be different if the Supreme Court decided that baseball was indeed interstate commerce.

goon
10-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I attended 29 games this year, 27 at the Cell and 2 in Kansas City. Yet I still don't feel entitled to inside information about the personnel moves Ozzie makes.

speak for yourself. he's terry boers and i'm dan bernstein...

Vernam
10-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Federal Baseball Club Vs. National League, 259 U.S. 200 (1922) (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=CASE&court=US&vol=259&page=200)

Look it up and tell me things wouldn't be different if the Supreme Court decided that baseball was indeed interstate commerce.Now, now, let's not make a federal case out of this. :cool:

Couldn't resist . . .

We're talking about a _former_ firstbase coach here, I believe. Even if the club made every detail of his employment public, I'm not sure a word of it would get picked up by the mainstream media. They're not that desperate to sell newspapers!

Vernam

Grzegorz
10-14-2006, 04:59 AM
I'm pretty baffled my this move. First of all I have no idea why he was switched to bench coach for this past season. Baines looked like a statue standing down there by first base.

Harold Baines is known to be a low key, introverted guy. I wouldn't confuse these personal traits with boredom.

southside rocks
10-14-2006, 07:21 AM

I don't think that's true in quite the simplistic fashion you state.

Other pro sports don't have the anti-trust exemption that baseball does, and we don't know any more about the inside workings of their personnel decisions than we do about baseball.

You can't say that if baseball didn't have the anti-trust exemption, the ballclubs would all be publicly traded corporations and subject to the oversight of the SEC and the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley. That doesn't follow.

And anyway, if your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. So what, "if if if"-- and what does this have to do with Tim Raines? You want to know why Ozzie let him go? I'm sure it was so Tim can spend more time with his family, or pursue other interests -- isn't that what a corporate entity tells us every time an officer leaves the firm?

Either this is a really silly thread or I got up too early, or both. Sheesh.

TornLabrum
10-14-2006, 08:07 AM

In a thread in which you've made a seemingly infinite number of ridiculous comments and proclamations, this by far is the most ridiculous. Congratulations!

DumpJerry
10-14-2006, 09:56 AM

Itsnotrequired was with them every day. Let's ask him.

Nope. Only if you're being asked to be an investor (owner). Customers don't get that kind of access.

BTW, Sox fans do not "pay for this whole operation." I believe the team gets a dollar or two from licensing and radio and television contracts-minor amounts, I'm sure.

23Ventura
10-14-2006, 11:46 AM
This sucks because I am a fan of Tim Raines, but I don't really care who coaches first for the Sox. I can't think of a single time when a first base coach effected the outcome of a game. Sure, the 3rd base coach is an important job, but 1st base? A 1st base coach isn't going to have an effect on a team's record.

Hitmen77
10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
From the Sun-Times today:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/96508,CST-SPT-sox14.article

While Guillen never said why Raines was not given an extension, sources indicated he was not thrilled with Raines' work ethic all the time, even though it had improved over this last season.

As for speculation Guillen's former teammate Robin Ventura could fill that spot, Ventura said last year he was asked to join the Sox in some capacity but had no interest in returning to baseball.

Crede_Fan
10-14-2006, 12:53 PM
From the Sun-Times today:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/96508,CST-SPT-sox14.article

I would like to see Robin back with the Sox. That would make up for Rock being gone.

daveeym
10-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Wasn't this known a while ago?
Seriously, I thought this was a done deal and been discussed since the beginning of the year. I don't think there's any animosity between the team or Raines and has nothing to do with performance. I thought Raines wanted to move on and managing was thrown around back then.

kitekrazy
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM

In a purely free market of mutually beneficial exchange I would agree, but that is not the world filled with government regulations that we live under today.

Sorry but professional sports teams are nothing like Xerox. Please let me know when you have purchased a share of the White Sox. Only stockholders get priveledged information.

Plus we've wandered away from the subject.

Most corporations do not give detailed information information on former employees for liability reasons.

kitekrazy
10-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Seriously, I thought this was a done deal and been discussed since the beginning of the year. I don't think there's any animosity between the team or Raines and has nothing to do with performance. I thought Raines wanted to move on and managing was thrown around back then.

If it doesn't happen maybe Raines will be a coach for the organization.

itsnotrequired
10-16-2006, 10:34 AM
How about that picture of Raines on the whitesox.com story? Is that hte best they could find?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2005/10/17/vA3f6DJ7.jpg

:?:

batmanZoSo
10-16-2006, 11:02 AM
How about that picture of Raines on the whitesox.com story? Is that hte best they could find?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2005/10/17/vA3f6DJ7.jpg

:?:

Is that Marte on the right? What's the "four-peat" all about? :D:

A little brash, eh Damaso?

itsnotrequired
10-16-2006, 11:19 AM

Bah, that was that Group 4 batting practice nonsense...

lumpyspun
10-16-2006, 11:19 AM

The reporter that you can't see in the picture asked Damaso how many guys he walked that night...:smile:

Foulke You
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
The reporter that you can't see in the picture asked Damaso how many guys he walked that night...:smile:
:)

soxinem1
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Probably, but along with Keith Hernandez and Paul Molitor, this story is nothing new.