PDA

View Full Version : baseball manager has more control of game ( Belichick )

Fenway
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Belichick enjoys a day off at Shea

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2006/10/13/a_meeting_of_the_minds/

So, who has more control over the way a game unfolds. A football coach or a baseball manager?

``I'd say he has way more," said Belichick. ``We call every play, but we have 11 guys moving on that play. He's controlling every single guy. It was amazing."

23Ventura
10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I would imagine that a football coach has more control over the outcome. After all, they do call the plays.

Fenway
10-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I found it fascinating that Belichick admitted he knew little about baseball.

Scottzilla
10-13-2006, 01:52 PM
i dont want to sound like an espn doofus but sounds like belichek is really an awesome coach just for the fact that he is always learning. i bet he was seeing things in spring training that he might implement in training camp.

Fenway
10-13-2006, 01:57 PM
i dont want to sound like an espn doofus but sounds like belichek is really an awesome coach just for the fact that he is always learning. i bet he was seeing things in spring training that he might implement in training camp.

With everything Belichek has done in New England, this stat may say it all

The Patriots have not lost 2 games in a row since 2002. He has a way of having his teams prepared. On paper the Pats are much weaker this year from 2 years ago but come January they will be a team nobody wants to play. ( Except maybe Denver - the Broncos seem to own New England )