PDA

View Full Version : Sox goodies on my balcony

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 07:15 AM
I came home last night to find a DHL delivery notification on my door. The notification said "on balcony". Huh? I have a balcony on the second floor of my house which faces the street. I hike upstairs, head out side and sure enough, there's a package on the balcony from DHL. Did the delivery guy just heave it up there? Did he have a ladder? I put the logistics out of my mind when I noticed the package was from 333 W. 35th St.

Inside was basically every promo item from the season. Included was:

- Opening Night rally sock
- magnetic schedule
- replica WS ring
- replica WS trophy
- 2006 calender
- WS poster
- beach towel
- youth jersey
- WS cap
- WS mini banner
- pink cap
- pennant
- halfway to St. Patrick's Day cap
- red cap
- team poster
- Nike baseball cards

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

The only thing that was missing was the rally towel, Crosstown Classic cup, MLB lanyard, other baseball cards w/binder and the mini baseball park.

Anyone else get this thing?

Scottiehaswheels
10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
I got one on Wednesday... I'm amazed... Normally it takes us Indiana folk a good 2-3 days longer to get the stuff from the Sox but a day earlier?

DumpJerry
10-13-2006, 07:35 AM
not I (yet). Maybe this is not for full season tickets holders (me) and rather for studs who make it to all 81 games (something certain Sox players cannot claim).

Looking forward to the red hat, I missed that one because I tailgated too long that night.

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 07:37 AM
not I (yet). Maybe this is not for full season tickets holders (me) and rather for studs who make it to all 81 games (something certain Sox players cannot claim).

Looking forward to the red hat, I missed that one because I tailgated too long that night.

The pdimas tailgate ruined me on collecting promo items. I missed all the caps, the WS poster, WS banner, beach towel, etc. the first time around. Ironically, I had gotten all the items that weren't included in the box when they first debuted. How's that for luck? So now I'm pretty sure I have at least one of all the promo items. Radical...

jenn2080
10-13-2006, 07:40 AM
:whiner: I have not got mine yet!:whiner:

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 07:42 AM
:whiner: I have not got mine yet!:whiner:

Keep your eyes peeled. Its a huge box. Something like 18" x 18" square and about 36" long.

OEO Magglio
10-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Hopefully the split season ticket holders will get one as well. Pretty please.

jenn2080
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Keep your eyes peeled. Its a huge box. Something like 18" x 18" square and about 36" long.

DHL could have came when I was napping and I would have never heard the bell. I will look today. Hopefully they just leave it at the office. They are notorious for not leaving door tags.

chisoxmike
10-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Hopefully the split season ticket holders will get one as well. Pretty please.

I believe they do... I hope they do. :supernana:
When I get home, I'll have to look at the Season Ticket "K-Zone" sheet to see for sure.

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
When I get home, I'll have to look at the Season Ticket "K-Zone" sheet to see for sure.

The K-Zone sheet doesn't indicate partial plans getting promotional items mailed to the holders. The Sox might make an exception if they have extras of a given item, the ticket holder is a long time holder, etc.

chisoxmike
10-13-2006, 09:51 AM
The K-Zone sheet doesn't indicate partial plans getting promotional items mailed to the holders. The Sox might make an exception if they have extras of a given item, the ticket holder is a long time holder, etc.

:whiner:

I would've liked the ring.

Cat Thief
10-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I can't belive the rings are still going for so much on Ebay.

$130!

ewokpelts
10-13-2006, 10:29 AM
no goodies for split ticket plans

ewokpelts
10-13-2006, 10:32 AM

I can't belive the rings are still going for so much on Ebay.

$130!and they're crappy too!
i almost traded my brother's ring for an old comiskey seat, but the guy ended up buying a ring on ebay before we could finalize the deal

Madvora
10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm more interested on how this stuff got on the balcony.
Let's try to figure that one out.

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm more interested on how this stuff got on the balcony.
Let's try to figure that one out.

My wife said it was perfectly centered in front of the balcony door, as if it had been set there. But do DHL delivery guys really carry around ladders and are encouraged to climb up onto the second floor of people's homes? Seem like a good way to get a gun pulled on you.

If it was thrown, it would have to have been a perfect throw. The box wasn't smashed up as if it had rolled and the contents weren't scattered about so that makes me doubt the throwing theory.

Here's what I got:

1. There was a worker on our balcony. It is a new home in an under construction development so there are lots of workers about. But we don't need any work done on our balcony so I can't imagine why they would be up there.

2. The workers next door offered their ladder to the delivery man.

3. The delivery guy pulled the truck up to the balcony, climbed up on the truck and either climbed onto the porch or threw it from the truck.

thegooch
10-13-2006, 10:42 AM
know what I got from DHL yesterday? My 2006 post-season tickets. Not only was it a slap in the face, but ***? I would have missed the entire division series. When i didn't get the post-season tickets after a week or two, i figured that they figured it out and never mailed them. nope. All it did was snap me out of my bears delirium and remind me of this pathetic season. I mean, look at the teams left in the post-season...we should be on our way to a repeat this year. what a crock.

skottyj242
10-13-2006, 10:54 AM
The guy whose name my tix are in hasn't said anything about it...how convenient. He just gave my my sheet of post season tickets yesterday and I had to beg him for that.

DumpJerry
10-13-2006, 11:09 AM
My wife said it was perfectly centered in front of the balcony door, as if it had been set there. But do DHL delivery guys really carry around ladders and are encouraged to climb up onto the second floor of people's homes? Seem like a good way to get a gun pulled on you.

If it was thrown, it would have to have been a perfect throw. The box wasn't smashed up as if it had rolled and the contents weren't scattered about so that makes me doubt the throwing theory.

Here's what I got:

1. There was a worker on our balcony. It is a new home in an under construction development so there are lots of workers about. But we don't need any work done on our balcony so I can't imagine why they would be up there.

2. The workers next door offered their ladder to the delivery man.

3. The delivery guy pulled the truck up to the balcony, climbed up on the truck and either climbed onto the porch or threw it from the truck.

Scotty from the Starship Enterprise beamed it there.

know what I got from DHL yesterday? My 2006 post-season tickets. Not only was it a slap in the face, but ***? I would have missed the entire division series. When i didn't get the post-season tickets after a week or two, i figured that they figured it out and never mailed them. nope. All it did was snap me out of my bears delirium and remind me of this pathetic season. I mean, look at the teams left in the post-season...we should be on our way to a repeat this year. what a crock.

Right after the playoffs started, the guy in my office who is a Scout Seat owner (4 seats), got his postseason tickets with a letter stating that while "we did not make the playoffs this year" the Sox thought he might want to have the tickets as a "momento." He was not amused. I thought it was funny that Scout Seat holders got their tickets after us regular seat owners got ours.

ewokpelts
10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
The guy whose name my tix are in hasn't said anything about it...how convenient. He just gave my my sheet of post season tickets yesterday and I had to beg him for that.
you can split from his plan if you want...

SOXintheBURGH
10-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Didn't you guys know that Spider-Man has been working with DHL for about a month now?

batmanZoSo
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Although this was a surprise, I don't wittingly mail any parcel to my abode, rather to my office where it's guaranteed to be signed for and not stolen. I trust United Parcel about as far as I can throw 'em.

That said, I strangely didn't get a gift package for my two games attended, but it's good you got a pretty sweet box because you definitely earned it. Nothing chinsy looking either, way to go White Sox org.

skottyj242
10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
you can split from his plan if you want...

I'm not picking up what you're laying down soul brother.

chisoxmike
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Speaking of season ticket stuff...anyone know when our invoice (that is due Nov.15) is coming? Natually, they will probably wait until a week or two before the due date to send them out and put them up on the Account Manager.

DumpJerry
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Speaking of season ticket stuff...anyone know when our invoice (that is due Nov.15) is coming? Natually, they will probably wait until a week or two before the due date to send them out and put them up on the Account Manager.
Soon, I am told. Of course, my rep is now gone, so I had to call when my email went unanswered.

NOTE TO WHITE SOX STAFF WHO MIGHT BE LURKING: When the sales interns leave at the end of September, it would be real nice if season ticket holders were notified so we can email questions to a real live person. I am a full season ticket holder, lower boxes, I would expect a little more attention, especially just before renewal time. Also, is it possible for the internships to end after first invoices are due? That would make life easier for us, the customers. Thank you.

jenn2080
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Should be soon. It is 50% which also includes money from playoff tickets.

ewokpelts
10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm not picking up what you're laying down soul brother.My brother is taking his two full season tickets off my plan. He'll set up his own account with the sox and keep his seats. That way, he gets all the goodies as well.

ewokpelts
10-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Should be soon. It is 50% which also includes money from playoff tickets.
if you had playoff money roll over, you do not need to pay up to 50%. But to qualify for teh last ring raffle, you need to pay 50% of your balance by nov 15.

itsnotrequired
10-13-2006, 01:32 PM
My brother is taking his two full season tickets off my plan. He'll set up his own account with the sox and keep his seats. That way, he gets all the goodies as well.

All skottyj242 needs to do is convince his boss to bust up his seats. Should be a breeze!

:redneck

skottyj242
10-13-2006, 02:39 PM
My brother is taking his two full season tickets off my plan. He'll set up his own account with the sox and keep his seats. That way, he gets all the goodies as well.

I see, can't do that though. We have two seats and I take 5/8 of the games, both seats.

skottyj242
10-13-2006, 02:40 PM
All skottyj242 needs to do is convince his boss to bust up his seats. Should be a breeze!

:redneck

It's actually not my boss, it's just some random dude we both know.

ChicagoHoosier
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Got mine when I got back today from a business trip!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Timmy D's
10-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I just got back in town today, and nothing is there. I'm fearing the worst that my package may have been abducted.:whiner:

DumpJerry
10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey Brooks, where's mine?????

chisoxmike
10-14-2006, 01:48 PM

The interns stole it!!!!!

soxwon
10-14-2006, 04:38 PM
im looking to get another seat next to mine.
But my Agent, says it might be difficult to add extra seats.

DumpJerry
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
:borass:
Sounds like you need a new agent. Call me.

Chips
10-14-2006, 05:43 PM
:borass:
Sounds like you need a new agent. Call me.

Your best post yet.

itsnotrequired
10-16-2006, 07:07 AM

I was originally looking into that as well (go from two seats to three). My rep indicated this wouldn't be too difficult but then again, my seats are in Upper Reserved. I can't imagine this would be easy to do in the lower level, even for long-time holders.

IspepAloc
10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I hope I get a box. I'm definately renewing next year and have already emailed my rep about moving to the lower deck from the upper deck.

DumpJerry
10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
It just arrived! The DHL woman said she had a bunch of these today. I noticed it is just for full season ticket holders.

chisoxmike
10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
It just arrived! The DHL woman said she had a bunch of these today. I noticed it is just for full season ticket holders.

Soooooooooooo, what are you going to do with that extra replica ring there Bob????:D:

DumpJerry
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Soooooooooooo, what are you going to do with that extra replica ring there Bob????:D:
I kept it in the plastic bag and sold it as "mint condition" on Ebay for $5,000.00.

Cuck the Fubs
10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I still haven't seen a box yet.........and I have yet to hear from my rep about next years seats!

Timmy D's
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I still haven't seen a box yet.........and I have yet to hear from my rep about next years seats!

I didnt get my box yet either.:(: But I did just today get an email from my new rep introducing herself. Hope my our boxxes make it o.k.:?:

Martinigirl
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Are the gifts for full season ticket holders only? Or are half season ticket holders being rewarded as well?

chisoxmike
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Are the gifts for full season ticket holders only? Or are half season ticket holders being rewarded as well?

No, full only, unfortunatly.

kevingrt
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
No, full only, unfortunatly.

Maybe i should try to e-mail Brooks and ask if I sign up for full season tickets next year can I get this box. I think that wouldn't be askign too much?

IspepAloc
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
No box for me yet, however I did get my playoff tickets later than everyone else. Apparently, DHL is afraid to deliver to Aurora :D:

Timmy D's
10-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Another day, and no DHL at my door.:(: :(: Oh well at least I can watch the waterin' hole in Africa fo a bit B4 I go to bed and wake up for another day of hoping for a delivery at my door, ho humm.:(: :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Full season ticketer here, and still no box

NoNeckEra
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Ditto

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
I did get the bill for my 07 seats today...........

But still no box!

Harry Potter
10-19-2006, 07:35 PM

But still no box!

Same here

itsnotrequired
10-20-2006, 07:06 AM

But still no box!

No bill for me yet. I'm guessing it will be there tonight.

DumpJerry
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
No bill for me yet. I'm guessing it will be there tonight.
Got mine on Weds. Maybe they're rewarding you for making it to all 81.

Steelrod
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Full season bill, no box!

mwc44
10-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Full season bill, no box!

Maybe they sent your box to me. Want it back???? NO!!!!! :D:

Cat Thief
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM

Maybe those 2 same guys who put the green seats in are packing these boxes during their spare time.

jabrch
10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Mine isn't here yet either...

ramorgan1
10-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Full season bill, no box! Ditto. Boo Urns

Cat Thief
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
We didn't receive anything. Any chance that these boxes went out based on seniority?

itsnotrequired
10-26-2006, 02:34 PM
We didn't receive anything. Any chance that these boxes went out based on seniority?

Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder and I sat in Upper Reserve. I would be on the bottom of any type of seniority list.

DumpJerry
10-26-2006, 02:44 PM

Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder and I sat in Upper Reserve. I would be on the bottom of any type of seniority list.
Same here-last year was my first year. The box was sent to the person whose name and address is on the account. Check with that person. If the account holder survives the bare lightbulb treatment, call your rep.

Harry Potter
10-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Per my rep, "We have sent out a box of promotional items to all of our Full Season Ticket Holders. The boxes were sent out via DHL at different times."

That being said, said box has still not arrived.

Steelrod
10-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Ditto. Boo Urns
Good goodies Tuesday, yay!!!

NoNeckEra
10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm trying to stay positive about this and figure out the logistics of filling thousands of boxes in an assembly line process with just a couple of temps in a storage facility, then labeling them before getting them to DHL.

This could take weeks.

So I'm just guessing some of us just happen to be at the bottom of the list and will receive it in due time(whatever that is).

jabrch
10-27-2006, 06:29 PM
I still haven't gotten mine yet.

billnahorodny
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Mine finally arrived today

ramorgan1
10-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I still haven't gotten mine yet.
I haven't either... :R&R Maybe if these guys had delivered all the packages, we would've had 'em by now though...

bobwsx
10-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Per my rep, "We have sent out a box of promotional items to all of our Full Season Ticket Holders. The boxes were sent out via DHL at different times."

That being said, said box has still not arrived.relax dork!!!are you going to split it up with the other guys?:D:

jabrch
10-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Still nothing...

ewokpelts
11-01-2006, 05:02 AM
mine came in yesterday....driver yelled "go sox" as he drove away
the boxes are originating from the cell, so it appears that they have staffers packing them one at a time....when i used to get bulls items for being an st holder, they'd ship from the burbs, so they'd probably ship them out from a distro center, and all at once.
i think the sox being forced to use dhl may also factor in the long times. dhl probalby cant accept 10k big boxes at once.

ramorgan1
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Mine got here finally today !!

DaBears
11-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Mine came yesterday. I thought for a second I ordered all this stuff in a drunken stupor...thanks to WSI I realized it was all free! (except the fact that I had to pay $4000+ to get it)

jabrch
11-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Hooray!!!! Mine got here today.

IspepAloc
11-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Still nothing for me. I'm hopeful though.

Timmy D's
11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Has anybody else NOT received their box yet?? I'm thinkin my DHL guy is givin out Sox goodies as stocking stuffers this year.:(:

chisoxmike
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Has anybody else NOT received their box yet?? I'm thinkin my DHL guy is givin out Sox goodies as stocking stuffers this year.:(:

Are you full or split?

Timmy D's
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Full

Harry Potter
11-13-2006, 04:19 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, full season and no goodies yet. I contacted my rep last week and he said that he would look into it and keep me posted.