PDA

View Full Version : Lidle's life insurance in question

Fenway
10-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Did AP really have to move this story so soon after his death? :angry:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/APWires/sports/D8KNEB300.html

Gregory Pratt
10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
I hope that baseball -- The Yankees, if not MLB -- does the classy thing and provides support for Lidle's family.

Fenway
10-13-2006, 12:00 AM
I hope that baseball -- The Yankees, if not MLB -- does the classy thing and provides support for Lidle's family.

I *think* George will do the right thing. The players association won't because he was a replacement player. It is unreal that is still an issue.

I know a replacement player and he swears the Red Sox gave him no choice, play or be released.

MUsoxfan
10-13-2006, 12:01 AM

MLB is paying the widow's benefit

his wife would be entitled to about $165,000 to $170,000 annually, which is 95 percent of the maximum, an amount indexed for inflation. There is an additional dependent benefit.

CLR01
10-13-2006, 12:06 AM

Did you read the article? She will be receiving $165-170K a year from MLB and his child will receive an unknown amount as well. I'm not sure the Yankees or MLB have much say re: the life insurance payout and really if it said dying in an airplane you were piloting will void the policy she shouldn't get paid just because of who she was married to or how tragic her husbands death was.

BigPapaPump
10-13-2006, 07:09 AM

Why would you care? If anyone of us were to die in an accident outside of work, do think that our employers would be concerned enough about our families to support them? NO!

soxfan13
10-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Why would you care? If anyone of us were to die in an accident outside of work, do think that our employers would be concerned enough about our families to support them? NO!

I know my company wouldnt support my wife but they would definately help her out if she needed it. Some companies arent as cut throat as you would like to think.

jenn2080
10-13-2006, 09:17 AM

That is a ****ty thing to say. Some companies would take care of the family.